“Truly Outstanding Hotel for the business traveller”

MGM Mark Whitefield Hotel
Ranked #121 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Truly Outstanding Hotel for the business traveller”
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I've stayed in many hotels during business travel, primarily in the United States. Most hotels, regardless of their world class status, leave me with something to complain about. The Mark Boulevard, however, has just been an absolute delight for these past three weeks. The staff is consistently very friendly and polite, going above and beyond the normal call of duty. The food is sensational, both Indian and non-Indian. (The daal makhini is better at Mark Boulevard than the same dish at one of Bangalore's most expensive hotels (and the #1 rated hotel on TripAdvisor, I might add. I know this because I've had both this week. Even the chicken spring rolls are excellent, and one might wonder if any spring rolls could ever be excellent.) The complimentary breakfast is fine, the coffee is very good, the wireless internet service is fast, the rooms are quiet and very clean, the laundry is prompt and inexpensive. I could go on. They even provide complimentary car service back and forth to the corporate office I visit in Whitefield every day. I cannot say enough about how pleased I have been with this hotel. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Strasbourg
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I stayed 9 days in this hotel booked by my company which is located just behind. Room was large and clean. Staff is also very good, careful to customer, and not too much behind you requesting a feedback (which is not always the case in India)

next time I will visit my Indian colleagues, I will be happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Gurgaon
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I stayed at this hotel for the 1st time in several visits to Bangalor (Whitefield, to be precise). When I compared it to my experiences at some of the bigger 'brands', this hotel stood out - in terms of the comfort of the hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff... Possibly the only thing that some people may not like about the hotel is - it's got just a coffee shop; not much by way of restaurants... But frankly, after a long day at work, I didn't have an inclination to go pubbing or eating out... I'd recommend this business hotel quite strongly to anyone who has a business reason to visit Whitefield - which by the way, is a good hour away in some pretty slow moving traffic from Bangalore. It just doesn't make sense to stay in Bangalore and have to travel that long just to get to work from the hotel.

• Liked — Clean rooms, great value for money, friendly & helpful staff
  • Disliked — Just one coffee shop - though the food quality was decent
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Stamford, CT
Reviewed 25 February 2008

Excellent business class hotel. I am very particular about the mattress and pillows and was very satisfied with the quality of the same in the hotel. Good breakfast and lunch buffet. Great service. The only problem I had was that out of 4 days I stayed, did not get hot water on 2 ocassions. Maybe their water heater capacity is not much considering the fact that hotel is 100% occupied. It didn't matter much since Bangalore weather is not cold and you can make do with lukewarm watter too.

Stayed February 2008
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2007

My stay at this hotel was arranged for me by the Indian office of my company, so I had no choice in the matter.

I was initially a little wary of the hotel's rather flashy website, and was somewhat dismayed on the drive from the airport to find that it appeared to be located in the middle of a building site (in fact the Mark Boulevard itself is being vastly expanded, the skeleton of the new block being near-complete during my stay).

The hotel itself looked unprepossessing from the outside, however inside it represented a good attempt to clone a Western 4* business hotel.

The first thng one needs to acclimatise to in India (after the weather) is that a guest is not allowed to do anything for himself - it took about four people to check me in and almost as many to take my luggage to my room. Dinner in the hotel restaurant involved about six waiters.

My room was very large and well-furnished, albeit a little under-lit and gloomy. The bathroom was excellent with a particularly good shower and reasonably sized bathtub.

There were sufficient power points for my laptop and to charge up my camera, iPod etc. Wifi access worked fine at a nominal cost of about £10 for the whole week I was there.

Cable TV provided many Indian and a small selection of Western channels.

The restaurant served interesting breakfasts, with a hybrid of Western and Indian dishes on offer (the vada were superb!). The dinner menu was international - essentially a mix of Italian and westernised Indian food. Anyone used to eating in the better kind of Indian restaurants in the UK would be at home with most of the menu. Standards of preparation, presentation and service were high, and a three-course meal with drinks weighed in at a highly reasonable six or seven pounds.

The staff were enthusiastic and friendly (particularly the imposing doormen!) and although standards of English varied all the staff were approachable and seemed competent.

The small hotel bar and room service were efficient and economical.

On the whole this was a convenient place to stay on a business trip to Whitefield, and a comfortable place to unwind after a day's business or exploring Bangalore, although the surroundings might disturb some travellers as there there are families living in makeshift dwellings only a few yards from the hotel.

Beware rush-hour traffic if you're commuting into the centre of Bangalore - although it's only about 15km it can take up to 90 minutes to cover the distance and Indian traffic is fierce.

I'll certainly request a stay in the Mark Boulevard on future business trips to the Whitefield area.

• Liked — good air-conditioned rooms and public spaces, cheap and competent bar and restaurant,
  • Disliked — surroundings
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Pete_Fenelon
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2007

I stayed at the Mark Boulevard Hotel for two weeks in May 2007.

This hotel is primarily for the Business Traveler. The rooms are big and spacious, as well as the bath amenities. My room consisted of a king size bed (2 twin mattresses pushed together) A comfortable work desk, a sofa, 2 club chairs and a large screen TV (32 inches I believe). The TV was situated on a swivel top table where it could be viewed from either the sofa/chairs or the bed. At anytime of the day cleaning crews were seen on the floors doing their daily work. They kept my room well maintained and fully stocked with water. The Front Desk was helpful with information or making travel arrangements to get around the city.

The location is perfect for ITPL businesses (less than a 10 min taxi ride). The staff was courteous and professional at all times; many knew my name by the end of my stay and would always ask how my day was and if I needed anything.

The hotel does fall short of providing ways for the business traveler to relax or unwind at the end of a long day. The only offerings were a lobby bar and what seemed to be a basement gym. A nice pool or garden/court yard would have been perfect to relax in at the end of the day.

I ate at the restaurant only on a few occasions, choosing to have room service while I concluded my daily work. As a huge fan of Indian Cuisine I was not disappointed. The food was fresh and flavorful. I

The area around the hotel is regrettable. Most of the Whitefield area of Bangalore is under construction due to the huge growth spurt they are enjoying. Because of this the hotel is surrounded by several construction sites, small tent cities and dirt roads. While not enjoyable to see, it is an unfortunate expectation of India.

All in all a pleasant stay, and will stay again on my future trips to Bangalore.

• Liked — Location to ITPL, comfort, style of hotel, decor
  • Disliked — Internet access thru daily/weekly access card with scratch off passwords
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank hcarlock66
atlanta
Reviewed 11 May 2007

I stayed in this hotel with 3 co-workers in November. Terrible experience. The rooms were so dirty. Thank goodness I wore slippers in the room. By the end of the stay they were disgusting.

Wireless internet never worked. I complained the first night I checked in and it was never corrected.

Restaurant was terrible. We sat close to the kitchen one night and got a glimpse inside as the waiter swung open the door. We paid our bill and left the food without touching it.

The views - this was the worst. I only looked outside my window once. Surrounding the hotel are several "tent" villages. People living understeah blue tarps. Rows and Rows of the tarps. Terrible conditions and while defintely something to be aware of and apprecitate - not what you want to see when you look outside your hotel window.

If you need to stay near Whitefield I would suggest the Ramjda Hometel. it is quiant but very clean and the food was good for a hotel of it's caliber. Defintley not a 5 star but liveable.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled on business