“Bad hotel room amenities”
Review of Curzon Suites

Curzon Suites
Ranked #481 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Where to start with.... The moment we entered the room it was completely different than the one room we saw on their website. After requesting for an upgrade to which the manager complied we were put up in one of the superior room. 10 min after getting into the room the shower curtain in the bathroom falls off. The water pressure kept fluctuating. There was a lizard in the room and for some reason the AC in the room would shut at night and would suddenly start working in the morning. We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights and every night this AC issue would occur.
In short, it was not a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Randall P

Reviewed 2 April 2013

First off the photos on their rooms is incorrect. I showed up with a reservation and was put in a smaller room. I expressed my disappointment and they let me know the photos are incorrect when booking. So i got the room i originally reserved. Secondly, we reserved a room an addutional night ad we had a train to catch in the late evening. Paid full price, which is fine. Unfortunately we missed our train so we headed back to the hotel as we paid a full night. Not only wad it really difgicult to get the room back we paid for, they lied and said the room was serviced. I told them i spent nearly threr thousand rupees for the room that evening and would not leave as i had nowhere else to go. Thry gave me the room finally. It was not cleaned. That's fine. But the icing on the caje was, at 8 in the morning the MANAGER came by while i was in the shower and solicited more money from my partner saying he did us a favor!!! So when i heard of this, i tracked down the manager and told him what he did wad completely disgusting and he had no problem giving me my partner's money back to me. Be careful! They think they can take advantage of tourists!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was in this hotel for 3 days and enjoyed my stay to the fullest. The room is very spacious approx 350 sq.ft, which is a rare sight. The furnishings & upholstery is very good and very new, gives an absolute luxurious expreience . Flooring interior is mixed combination of wooden flooring , marbonite and fancy tiles. Bathrooms are very clean and tub is also available. I will definitely not search for any another option in Banglore for my next trip. One of the most satisfying and luxurious stays .. Absolute delight !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ashok_jainestate
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We changed from a more expensive hotel around the corner, and quickly wished we'd found this place sooner. It was much cheaper, the rooms were more comfortable, but the biggest difference was the staff. They did bend over backwards, as other people have stated, but delivered on everything in a timely manner. The wifi was one of the best connections I've had in India, and was totally free, breakfast was prepared personally for us on short notice, and outdoor dining area quite pleasant. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jasmin A
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Located in a pretty busy area, Curzon Suites is fairly central in its location. The tariff is pocket-friendly. Their stafff, like others have mentioned, bend over backwards and promise you the moon but are often short on the delivery! A clean and friendly place nonetheless. Plan to eat all your meals out!

Room Tip: Nothing specific.... as there are no views to be had other than of traffic screeching past at top sp...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Wingsnwheels86
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed at these serviced apartments for a few months.Being my first time in India i found the staff friendly and always eager to assist where possible. The loaction is also very convinient as it is in a relatively quiet area and walking distance to main shopping street MG road and Brigade road. On the food the offer option of Indian and Western meals. While the Indian menu has much variety the western food is restricted to omeletes and toast( you need to specify plain lest you get the more tangy masala variety:)) The place aslo states that you can have an iron and ironing board on request but that is not always the case. Seems there are only 2 Irons and Ironing Boards. So one has to wait until another resident has finished to use them. This can be a great inconvinience especially if you need to leave in a hurry...best to order the iron in advance more than 24 hours or send them to iron them for you then.And might be a good idea to bring your own soap as the ones supplied not up to standard. As stated in previous comments there is no parking as such but you park in the one way(again not that unusual in india i have seen as the car will be safe)Besides these issues it is a pleasant place to stay and worth the money you spend.

Room Tip: Sizes off rooms vary according to price. The rooms are well maintained and quality preety consistent
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tapuwa n
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I went to bangalore with my family to visit an embassy and to enjoy the weekend. I reviewed about the hotel in the net and booked a week in advance and also told them I would be arriving in a car. But to my surprise they did not have a car park and we were asked to park on the road side (it is a one way and parking was not allowed during the days and until 8 pm in the night). And they also claim to have a 24 hour room service which is not correct, when the guests order food they purchase it from the nearby hotels and serve them and this is done until the hotels are open (so it is not for 24 hrs). Another point which they claim is buffet breakfast, but they just serve 1 indian food item when you visit the breakfast room (like visiting a restaurant). The only beneficial point is that they have a kitchenette in the room and the rooms are bigger.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business