“Wonderful stay at Casa Piccola” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Cottage

Casa Cottage
Ranked #64 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Wonderful stay at Casa Piccola”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We loved the lovely ambiance of Casa Piccola.
Very Well maintained and EXTREMELY neat and clean everywhere.
Cozy sit-outs, well appointed rooms with convenience to the guest being well thought of!
Very courteous and helpful, smiling staff!
Mr and Mrs.Kapoor, the owners,were very welcoming and charming.
We were given a neat, detailed map as to our whereabouts and eateries in the neighboring areas which was very thoughtful.
If one has a large vehicle then it could be a bit of a problem as there is just enough parking space for 1 large vehicle and a bike. Otherwise, Thumbs up to this lovely place!! Worth a stay here!!!
PET OWNERS, Your search for a Pet friendly stay ends here, if you want to holiday in Bangalore!!

Room Tip: Those with pets will be happy to know that PETS ARE WELCOME HERE!!!! It is better to choose a room t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Thank Khursheed Farok... S
benjiob, Owner at Casa Cottage, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mr Farook,

We were happy to have you, your family and your pet with us a Casa Cottage.Thanks for your review.
We usually give ground floor for the guests with a pet as the pets can access directly the garden.
We had had no problem with pets till now as long as the owners respect the other guests and the cleanliness in the garden... we are also pet lovers and pets are welcome!
We are looking forward to have you again with us
Warm regards
Benjamine OBEROI
By the way.....our names are :Benjamine and Bhushan OBEROI!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Liege, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Casa Cottage is a wonderful and peaceful place to relax and staying in a "busy" Bangalore. For 4 years i'm staying in this place every time i m in town and it's like coming back home… Rooms are very cute and clean and the staff super kind and helpful if you have any request. The breakfast and the service also super nice… For sure one of my best place to stay in India...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Laurie,
Thanks for your review which gives pleasure to my heart..
We will miss you! it was nice to see you every 2 month after your stay in Coimbatore.
Thanks to have recorded some beautiful music for me..I'll think of you while driving now!
For our staff, you are also part of casa Cottage Family..
Have a nice rest in Belgium and hope to see you soon..
Amicalement
Benjamine
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Casa Cottage is my chosen getaway for all my guests coming in from around the world. Set in a wonderful heritage bungalow (which in itself is rare in Bangalore now), it offers great, clean accommodation, choices of great cuisine (not on site), & great service with a smile. All my guests (at least 6 nights every month) request me to ensure I book them ONLY here when they visit each time.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique but I prefer the rooms at the back. Newer & have balcony/terrace spaces whi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Waseem,
Thanks to have taken the time to write this wonderful review in spite of your busy schedule.
You are an old Bangalorian , you know and appreciate the value of our heritage property..
We love to have all you fine guests and to share a coffee with you. I like your social engagement for a better Bangalore.
Lazar will be always looking forward to see your guests!!
With warm regards
Benjamine
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I booked the room as it was recommended in lonely planet - and fortunately it was not really booked out so I was upgraded for free from the standard to a deluxe room, and I have to admit that was a really nice thing!
The balcony into the garden is a really nice place to hang out after a busy day in or around bangalore, where you could breathe some fresh air and have a cold beer.

Of course the cottages are not a 5* luxus hotel, but they are nice and clean, have AC, warm water, and a small fridge in the room is also a plus.
The wifi worked flawlessly and I did not experience any power outtages (which is a plus in bangalore ;)

The staff was really friendly, on my last day I could store my big luggage there so I could stroll around in the city and could even get a nice shower when coming back to pick up my luggage.

Two minor drawbacks -
- most taxi/rickshaw drivers don't know the road - but it's only 2 minutes walk from richmond road
- no restaurant, but there are a many options (takeout/delivery/restaurants) available nearby.

Next time I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room - the option to sit on your own balcony is really nice.

Dear peter!
Thanks for you review!
Yes, you got lucky: at the off season, we are happy to upgrade our guest at the last minute when possible.You could enjoy the nice veranda of room 2.
We are trying to put boards on the road for direction, but they get often removed..even the cement ones gets broken!
We have made a store room so our guest can leave their unwanted luggage behind while travelling...(specially useful in winter when you arrive from Europe with heavy coats).
I also think that we have wonderful staff who has a sense of service and like to welcome the guests.
Hope you have a good time back home and we are looking forward to your next visit.
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nice place with relaxing garden. Decent, clean rooms. Good air conditioning, shower and wifi. Helpful staff, will arrange all sorts of things for you (trips, transportation, food, etc.). Only thing I didn't like so much was that the auto-rickshaw driver arranged by the hotel kept on trying to get me to expensive shops that pay him commission for taking me there..Couldn't really blame the guy as he is probably quite poor, but it wasn't pleasant.

1 Thank Eva H
Dear Eva,
I am glad that you appreciated our Casa Cottage and our staff.
I am sorry for the Tuk Tuk..It is an out source service and I have accepted a few autos who speak English and who are reliable. (autos is a real Mafia in Bangalore!!)Most of the guests are enjoying the city tour with them..Of course, in spite of me telling them, they often try to get you to shops ..Some guests are very happy about it and some are not..You just have to tell them..I have often told but I can't "forbid" it as , after talking to some guests , I realised that they liked the experience.
Thanks for your feed back .I will again tell the drivers to "offer" to take the guest to some shops and not "Impose"
Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had stayed there for two nights. It was very comfortable stay. Rooms are spacious and staff is very cordial and helping. Breakfast can be more elaborate. We could not get very good breakfast on our leaving day around 7.30 am bust enjoyed our stay. We are definately coming again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear Rowan,
We are happy you found our Cottage as value for money....specially when we know the price of a square inch of garden in the heart of Bangalore.We are proud to have preserve the old feel of Bangalore.
We will try to improve the breakfast, specially with guests who are leaving early morning like you.I am sorry if you did not get a full B/F.
We hope to see you and friends back in the Cottage

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Casa Piccola Cottage is referred by one of my friends who has already used this hotel. This is more of a home than a hotel. It is located right at the center of the city, but in a very quiet lane. I booked a Deluxe Room for a week. My room was in the first floor with a private terrace that was large & airy. Here, even the rooms are Wi-Fi enabled unlike many other hotels. Breakfast is served at the dining space located in the garden with options of Indian or Continental. This is the best place to spend the evenings as you get to see & speak to many travelers from around the world. The staff are extremely friendly. They made my stay here pleasant & homely. I have thoroughly enjoyed the stay at Casa Cottage and without hesitation I would recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: If you are with family or friends, choose a Deluxe or Studio Room. They are roomier. If available, a...
1 Thank SaborIndia
Dear Delhi Guest!
What to add? You said it all and we can only feel humble in front of your review!
Thanks so much and hope to see you soon again,
All the best in hot hot Delhi...come and cool in Bangalore again.