“Affordable luxury in downtown Bangalore!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Fortune Bengaluru

My Fortune Bengaluru
Ranked #19 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Affordable luxury in downtown Bangalore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Making a stay choice In Bangalore can easily be the toughest decision about the trip (pun intended). There are places and there are distances and if one doesn't get you the other will! I've started to stick to the Fortune option of late, due to the options across the city, thought even there you need to decide whether you want to pick for the evening or the morning. Fortune hotels are after all meant to be all about value, while delivering an acceptable standard of comfort and efficiency. Being on the list, I got this mailer about the new My Fortune at Richmond Road. Since the intro rates looked very good and evenings also mattered this time, I decided to give it a go. My experience? At the end of the trip the one regret I had was that this was just a two-day visit!

The hotel is really compact, efficient and yes, Luxurious. In that it stands out from all the others I've stayed at even at higher prices, with the bonus being that it is a brand new property and in a wonderful part of city-centre. I could actually walk across to Brigade road for several dinner choices! Inside, it has the works, from a nice spa and gym with a pool, to a lavish buffet spread. Unfortunately, the liquor licence was still in the mail and due to arrive the week after my visit :-(

I had a couple of nice evenings after work and good workout in the morning, with the location enabling me to catch up with old friends. The service was excellent, though I kept seeing too many new faces among the staff - probably a combination of low occupancy at the beginning and maybe lots of trainees? One tip though - ITC needs to let their neighborhood know who they are - the cabs were a bit confused about the exact location. Now this may be good neighborly when you're the hotel around the corner, but hey I'm from out of town and need to get back!

So all told, a lovely experience and I'm sure to catch it a couple of times more while the intro rates hold, by which time it could well become a habit!

Dony

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kynod
25MFB, General Manager at My Fortune Bengaluru, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Kynod

Thank you very much for taking out the time for your feedback. It is comments like your that encourage us to strive for excellence. It is great to learn that the hotels central location enabled you to catch up with friends during you visit.

Kuldeep Dhawan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had 2 rooms booked for corporate stay. The nice features of this hotel are:
1) it's a brand new hotel and you feel the new and jazzy feel in every corner of the hotel
2) the rooms are really big, which make the stay a lot more comfortable. I would recommend the garden view rooms
3) the food at the restaurant is really nice
4) the spa is really swanky and the spa service was commendable.
In summary, it's a comfortable business hotel with proximity to MG road.
I personally prefer this My Fortune to the Park, as the room upkeep at the Park has lately been below the expected quality standards.
With the ITC brand name behind it, you can expect from My Fortune mostly everything that you're used to from ITC hotels- this one is just really swanky.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Adityapurandare
Dear Adityapurandare

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is comments like your that encourage us to strive for excellence. My Team joins me in thanking you for appreciating the service as well as the product. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
It is great to learn that you had a successful business trip and also your appreciation of the room features is something that truly makes us proud.

bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went there to try it out for the first time on our tour of south india with my family. We were simply made to feel like royalty. Attentive waiters and chefs looked after our meals.
The rooms were great with a besutiful view of the city and the greenery.
We attended a conference in their main hall which was also very grand.
Over all loved it

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Sangeetadisha
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is comments like your that encourage us to strive for excellence. It was lovely to learn that your family had a great stay and also enjoyed the food and services.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My stay has been by far one of the best stays I have had in a long time. It's not the hotel, amenities or the rooms that compel me to write the review. They are as I would expect in a 5* property. It's the service and staff that made all the difference. They are on their toes and willing to serve the slightest of demands. In 5 days that I stayed there I have had no reason to complain. And good people aways deserve a mention

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are nice