“Must Visit Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, India
“Must Visit Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is my first stay with My Fortune , Bengaluru. I like it very much when they greet with Namaste, it is ITC group hotel staff's standard greeting protocol. Stayed for 2 nights first week of August 2014. Thanks to hotel guys, gave a good upgrade, appreciate it ! They took good care, whether it was housekeeping, restaurant or front office all attending staffs were courteous. Good food and service at My Cafe complemented the stay, F& B Asst. Manager was proactive and took good care during all my breakfasts and dinners. My Ballroom, My Meeting room and pool side offer a good private meeting space, could not try Indian oven, may be next time. Over all a nice stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank snd452627
MyFortuneBengaluru, General Manager at My Fortune Bengaluru, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

What a fabulous review! Thank you and we were delighted to have you with us!! Nothing is more satisfying than having your guests put such words about the hotel. You have made us what we are today!

The team at the hotel convey their regards to you and all of us look forward to the next opportunity of being at your service and to welcome you to your home away from home!

Warm regards,

Kuldeep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Hebrew first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Me and my colleagues Sriharsh, Ashu, Dr Bagchi have been staying in this property for the past two months on a regular basis, the service provided by the staff is excellent, the staff at the front desk Janak, Priyanka, Daniel, Anand, and Parul are excellent in welcoming you and giving you very courteous service. This staff never allows you to feel you are out of home. They are very prompt and perfect in the service.We recommend the management to retained and rewarded for a great job.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are better, However higher floor rooms have a better city view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for such wonderful words for our staff. It is truly inspiring. It is great to know that you and your colleagues had a super experience and found the hotel staff to be excellent.

We would all continue to focus our energies to ensure this continues.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel on two occasions for two different reasons.

On the first, I stayed at the hotel when it was just launched. I found the staff courteous and eager to serve. I was welcomed warmly and was given a few memoirs since I was among the first few guests at the hotel. The bar hadn't yet opened so I was offered various other refreshments in place of alcohol. The room was well stocked with a nice view of the surroundings. It was also perfect in terms of other amenities such as the bed, television, and Internet. Any call for room-service was answered within minutes. The breakfast buffet was great and didn't leave me wanting at all.

On the second, I also organized an event for about 25 people. The sales and banquet teams were extremely forthcoming in accommodating all my requests. Since the banquet hall had been booked for another event, we were provided a large section of the coffee shop and a private dining room. What we requested was a place where people could gather for a short introductory session over drinks and then dinner. The introductory session of the evening was well organized with the drinks ready well before all the guests had arrived. (The mocktails were great, I wish you'd get your bar license asap!) The buffet spread for dinner was great with appetizers, three cuisines for main course, and excellent desserts.

The only feedback I had was about the arrangement of the buffet, which needs to separate appetizers from desserts, since this leads to considerable confusion for first-time visitors. Alternatively, it would help if the staff guided people about the layout.

All-in-all, I highly recommend the hotel to anyone who prefers service that is provided with a personal touch that lends a certain exclusivity not available in several large hotels.

Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review. It is so good of you to take out time to write such a great review.

Your appreciation of our courteous staff will be shared with them and will surely motivate us all to perform even better and strive for excellence.

Our chef and food and beverage manager are delighted to know that you had a good experience at the breakfast buffet. Also that your banquet event was a great success.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is a new hotel and Fortune sent me an email to try it out. I booked it over several other preferred brands.

And now i resolve "Never Again Fortune".

Key negatives, for business travellers, internet is not free. That adds 10% to your stated tariff.

No english entertainment channels (and this hotel likes to label itself as 5-star).

For a hotel which has opened recently, steam room was not working-technical issues.

Bed is uncomfortable.

Location is not good. Address says Richmond Road but my cab driver told me it is not Richmond Road- i dont know road names in Bengaluru.

And for a hotel wanting to call itself 5-star, only one restaurant in the form of coffee shop.

In-room dining, crazily expensive - i think prices will beat the best of 5-star restaurant dining prices.

My key refused to work a couple of times-wonder how that happens.

Some postives though-
Breakfast was good but i did not get tea.

Room Tip: dont select this hotel.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VFMtraveller
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to note that you did not have a great experience. We hope that you would visit again and allow us to have a better experience.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Warm and friendly service. Good food. Value for money. Must try it. Located centrally. Close to MG road and other major localities of Bangalore. Spa is also pretty decent. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Overall hotel is just less than 2 months old so everything is fresh!!!

Stayed July 2014
Great to know that you found our services to be Warm and Friendly and great value for money.

It is also great to note that you find the location of the hotel a great advantage like many of our guests. Being close to MG Road is a huge advantage that many guests appreciate as it allows then to be in the business and shopping district of Bangalore.

The team looks forward to seeing you again at the hotel for an opportunity to be of service to you.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had an amazing stay at the hotel with my family . The front office staff were very welcoming and made my family and me feel at home. The rooms were nice & the food was excellent . Overall a very good experience and would definitely visit again .

Only one thing that could be improved would be to have free WIFI in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PritikaDsouza
Thank you very much for your great comments. It is nice to know that you had an Amazing experience. your appreciation of our front office staff is truly appreciated and will inspire all to ensure every guest is well looked after.
Look forward to seeing you again at My Fortune Bengaluru.

Faridabad, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

All ITC hotels advertise for the CLUB ITC program they will send you mails to enrol and be their guest at ITC hotels. They lure their guest by advertising giving brochures for the program.

I am the club ITC Platinum member and as per the program eligible for the following benefits/privileges:
1. Upgrade to Best Rooms, Including Standard Suites, on availibility, at check in
2. In-room welcome-amenities
3. Complimentary in-room hi-speed internet (HSIA)
4, Complimentary in-room tea/cofee service throughout your stay

The details are available on their website.

I checked in and produced my membership card and requested for the upgrade.
The gentle men replied that it is already upgraded to the Club Room from Standard.

The booking was for club room only as the difference between the standard and club room is that there is no credit for F&B /complimentary breakfast and club room has the credit for the Rs.1000 for F&B. (Taken from there website)

As per the website ITC Hotels
Standard Room - 31 sq. mt., 28 Pool View Rooms & 51 Landscape View Rooms, 24 hours in room wi-fi- Rs.5100+taxes
Fortune Club Room - 31 sq. mt., Buffet breakfast, 9 Pool View Rooms & 23 Landscape View Rooms , 24 hours Wi-Fi in room , Double Club ITC and Welcomlink points, F&B credit worth Rs.1000 during the stay - Rs.6000+taxes

I had booked for the fortune club room with the MAP plan and that too for Rs7500/- per night.

When I checked in and asked for the upgrade and other privileges the answers are as follows:
1. Upgrade - It is already upgraded. When you have charged me more than you charge the walk in guest what is the upgrade.
2. Internet Wifi - We have to check. You provide to the walk in customer and to the platinum member you need to check for providing the wifi.
3. No welcome room amenities.

So what I say is It is just fraud and one needs to check with them. I shifted the hotel immediately and checked in Taj the very nest day and learnt that they only market without ethics.

Defects in the rooms:
1. No telephone on the study table. Only one cordless provided and you have to remember the intercom numbers to dial.
2. The rooms are not properly lit.

Overall it was the experience where you felt being a loyal guest to the chain was not appreciable.

2 Thank karuneshmittal_12
Dear Mr Mittal

Thank you for your feedback. It was nice that we could meet at the hotel. Rest assured that your concerns have been personally addressed and we look forward to welcoming you again at My Fortune.