“Good new property, needs to improve”

My Fortune Bengaluru
Ranked #17 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi
“Good new property, needs to improve”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights on work in June. I was told the hotel was just about one month old.

Location is good for people who want to stay close to MG Road etc. But noticed few guests probably because it was a new hotel. The reception was good but they said they can't give me a room upgrade despite an opening offer going around at that time and what I felt were less occupancy.

I had asked for smoking room long before I had checked in but was given a non-smoking room which I realized later. Once there was no water in the bathroom for some minutes which I believe were the initial hiccups when you open a hotel. No worries on that front unless they don't recur now. They also didn't have liquor license which they didn't mention before I had checked in.

The breakfast was nice, good variety but didn't like the bakery items much. The good thing about the coffee shop was ample natural light and courteous service.

I had ordered several food for room service which were good.
Overall, considering the initial issues have been resolved, don't mind staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MyFortuneBengaluru, General Manager at My Fortune Bengaluru, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. It is good to note that you had a nice experience at the hotel, specially at the breakfast venue and the in room dining.

We look forward to welcoming you again to ensure that the points mentioned by you are also taken care of.

Warm Regards

Kuldeep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Hebrew first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This new hotel located centrally in Bengaluru is confused about its positioning- business hotel or for tourist traveller ? Staff are yet to be trained fully . Every service requires a reminder. No healthy options in the in room dining menu. Better to check out after six months ..

Room Tip: No mini bar in the room.
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

My Fortune Bengaluru is centrally located and is great for both business hotel as well as ideal for the leisure traveller who wants to be in the heart of the city.

We are now tree months old and your feedback has helped us to focus on enhanced efficiency.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Staying at My Fortune for the past 2 months, its clean neat and comfortable place. In the past it’s been ITC Gardenia at Bangalore, but now very happy to be at My fortune. What makes my fortune feel like home are the people out here.
Janak at the front desk has been courteous, friendly and efficient. All the other staff at the Hotel Rahul, Priyanka, Daniel .... have been great too, these small gestures through my stay made it very comfortable, it’s like you are being put up at a friend’s place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MyFortuneBengaluru, General Manager at My Fortune Bengaluru, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this delightful review of our hotel and your high recommendations! We were more than pleased to have you stay with us for 2 months went off well!! We are truly happy to note that your decision to stay with us was more than vindicated.

Thank you for acknowledging our team members for their amazing and outstanding delivery of services and the same has been passed on to them.It is appreciation like this which encourage us to strive to be consistent in delighting our guests.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and for giving us the opportunity of being at your service. We look forward to your next visit.

Faridabad, India
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a hotel that is very close to the MG Road and one of the best hotels of the city. The staff is very courteous and professional and you get a feel of ITC's best hospitality. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable with all room amenities that you can think of. The internet was zooming and I was able to connect all my devices including my smartphone without any hassle.
The food was of same standards as all ITC hotels and Kathi's are must to have dish.

I would recommenced everyone to be in this hotel if you visit Bangalore.

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for posting a marvelous review about My Fortune Bengaluru on tripadvisor.

The team at the hotel,especially the kitchen associates were thrilled to see your compliments on all aspects of the hotel, Specially the Kathy Rolls and Encouraging words like yours go a long way in keeping our hospitality spirits high!

Thank you for your high recommendation of our hotel once again we look forward to treating you to yet another memorable stay in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is my first stay with My Fortune , Bengaluru. I like it very much when they greet with Namaste, it is ITC group hotel staff's standard greeting protocol. Stayed for 2 nights first week of August 2014. Thanks to hotel guys, gave a good upgrade, appreciate it ! They took good care, whether it was housekeeping, restaurant or front office all attending staffs were courteous. Good food and service at My Cafe complemented the stay, F& B Asst. Manager was proactive and took good care during all my breakfasts and dinners. My Ballroom, My Meeting room and pool side offer a good private meeting space, could not try Indian oven, may be next time. Over all a nice stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank snd452627
Dear Guest,

What a fabulous review! Thank you and we were delighted to have you with us!! Nothing is more satisfying than having your guests put such words about the hotel. You have made us what we are today!

The team at the hotel convey their regards to you and all of us look forward to the next opportunity of being at your service and to welcome you to your home away from home!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Me and my colleagues Sriharsh, Ashu, Dr Bagchi have been staying in this property for the past two months on a regular basis, the service provided by the staff is excellent, the staff at the front desk Janak, Priyanka, Daniel, Anand, and Parul are excellent in welcoming you and giving you very courteous service. This staff never allows you to feel you are out of home. They are very prompt and perfect in the service.We recommend the management to retained and rewarded for a great job.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are better, However higher floor rooms have a better city view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for such wonderful words for our staff. It is truly inspiring. It is great to know that you and your colleagues had a super experience and found the hotel staff to be excellent.

We would all continue to focus our energies to ensure this continues.

Regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel on two occasions for two different reasons.

On the first, I stayed at the hotel when it was just launched. I found the staff courteous and eager to serve. I was welcomed warmly and was given a few memoirs since I was among the first few guests at the hotel. The bar hadn't yet opened so I was offered various other refreshments in place of alcohol. The room was well stocked with a nice view of the surroundings. It was also perfect in terms of other amenities such as the bed, television, and Internet. Any call for room-service was answered within minutes. The breakfast buffet was great and didn't leave me wanting at all.

On the second, I also organized an event for about 25 people. The sales and banquet teams were extremely forthcoming in accommodating all my requests. Since the banquet hall had been booked for another event, we were provided a large section of the coffee shop and a private dining room. What we requested was a place where people could gather for a short introductory session over drinks and then dinner. The introductory session of the evening was well organized with the drinks ready well before all the guests had arrived. (The mocktails were great, I wish you'd get your bar license asap!) The buffet spread for dinner was great with appetizers, three cuisines for main course, and excellent desserts.

The only feedback I had was about the arrangement of the buffet, which needs to separate appetizers from desserts, since this leads to considerable confusion for first-time visitors. Alternatively, it would help if the staff guided people about the layout.

All-in-all, I highly recommend the hotel to anyone who prefers service that is provided with a personal touch that lends a certain exclusivity not available in several large hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review. It is so good of you to take out time to write such a great review.

Your appreciation of our courteous staff will be shared with them and will surely motivate us all to perform even better and strive for excellence.

Our chef and food and beverage manager are delighted to know that you had a good experience at the breakfast buffet. Also that your banquet event was a great success.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards