“Good value”

Ranked #229 of 821 Speciality Lodging in Bengaluru
London
“Good value”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have stayed there several times and the hotel is excellent value compared to the other places in Bangalore, also the location suits me well. It is kept clean and they respond to any problems quickly, also my clothes come back from the laundry in good condition, a pleasant change compared to other places that I have stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank lordofthepieslondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Not as centrally located in Indira Nagar itself but the place is good and clean. However, when we reached the place, well after check-in time, we were taken to our room and when we went in, the room wasn't made and we had to wait till they got the room ready. I would say though that that infact was a good thing as I was able to keep an eye on their house keeping. Even thoguh the person at the reception had told me that they always change their linen, we saw that all they did was straighten and put back the old sheets. And we had to make sure they took it all out and gave us new ones. All other services were good, clean place but this just put me off completely.

Neverthless, after that we received good service. The only other drawback otherwise is that if you are going to be out late the gate is too heavy to open and the security is always asleep.

The room was spacious, quiet and clean. I would recommend this place to stay especially if you are going to be hanging around in Indira Nagar side.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ranranran
Kochi, Kerala, India
Reviewed 9 August 2012

An excellent hotel to stay in Bangalore. Easy access to the city,good food and great service. I stayed for 3 nights and had a memorable experience in this hotel.They have spacious apartment type rooms with wooden floor. A roof top restaurant to enjoy day night dining. I would recomend this hotel to everyone. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank RajeshM1980
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Used to staying in Premier Inns / Holiday Inns, this was just as good as them.
The room was basic, the TV good, had the footy on during euro 2012, the english matches got watched in some form, live or replay.
Food served in room was OK - not expensive / basic but good - no Deli Belly
Cooking facilities, microwave, fridge, 2 electric rings - pots and pans
100 yards up the road was a Barbie Restaurant, 2nd floor not bad food reasonable price, and it keeps coming
The lack of Alcohol was a problem, but on final day, had a walk around the streets whilst waiting for my lift and there is off licences types of places, down one of the roads was a "English Type of shop" selling wine / beer / english food

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Mickhardy
Hyderabad
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is not a hotel so a comparison with a five or four star hotel would be unfair. As a service apartment I would give this a top rating for the value you get for the money. I came here on a business trip and stayed here when my company guest house was over booked. I liked the place so chose to stay here again when I was passing through Bangalore with my family.

The rooms are spacious, with nice amenities like a small kitchenette, microwave and refrigerator. A neatly tucked away aqua-guard provides you purified drinking water through the day. The Kitchenette is stocked with tea and coffee sachets, but in case you want to do more you could walk down to nearby grocery to pick up stuff to cook. It is stocked with the basic cutlery and utensils for you to cook and eat a small meal. The rooms and bathrooms are well maintained and kept clean. The linens are fresh like you would expect in a top star hotel.

Room service for food is limited to certain times of the day. I found them responsive to a couple of calls that i gave. Dinner menu is limited and you need to preorder. They need 45 mins to serve from the time you order. I would rate the food basic but homely and well prepared. I liked the meal the first time so chose to dine in-house the second time I visited with my family.

Overall - great value for money in case you are just looking for good place to stay

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jaimjose
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed during one of my business meetings at Bangalore, for 3 days i stayed.. Excellent place to stay.. Well maintained property, ( wish i could have commented same for the shower)

A classy place with value for money

Its a service apartment, dont have high expectation on food. But a peacefull stay..

Carry maggie, or instant cuppa noodles, cook it in the room and have it in the gallery at night... Wow.. amazing experience

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank devverma
Suffolk UK
Reviewed 11 February 2012

After travelling through north India Maia Beacon came as a welcome change clean, well laid out room, constant hot water in a leafy suburb. The breakfast choice is bit basic but did the job. Stafff were helpfull and on first night we arrived late they organised food from the local restaurant for us. The apartments are serviced so there is not a restaurant as part of the hotel, a short walk to the new metro that is being built. We would stay here again next time we visit Bangalore

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends