Shelton Grand
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$183
Holiday Village(Bengaluru)
US$47
US$37
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Located at Church Street near Brigade Road this hotel has got everything. It has good and spacious rooms, supportive staff and is located in the heart of the city. The best part is that you can roam around in the evening and the street is plush with good eating joints and shopping points.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vrfellow
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The Indian Hotels and trip managers are blindly following western system of 12 pm check in.They don't travel at night, Labor is not economic like in India. I hope some website takes up this innovation. 24 hours check in or morning check in.
No bar available right now but good place to stay

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel is at a very convenient location for shopping and good food. My last stay was way better. They have not taken the liberty to maintain the place the bathrooms look like ones of an 500 budget hotel, it took two calls and three erroneous deliveries for the hotel staff to understand that there was no towel in the bathroom. No drinking water was kept in the room and later a bottle was delivered after I called the room service. The travel desk fellow was going to inform about taxi rentals and details but simply vanished after his shift. Please if you get a room for 1000 then maybe stay at the place otherwise stay away.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Visited for a business trip and stayed in this Hotel for 3Nights. I would say its an Average hotel with a great location. By location, i mean in the Happening Street and not the view. As the hotel is not having any view, even service vise it was very slow. However the buffet breakfast is good and access to hotel is easier too.

If you can get any good hotel in this range, then i would suggest you can try that else you can stay here and wont be disappointed.

Overall an average hotel with good breakfast, slow service & easy to access.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NihitJain
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I booked this hotel in a hurry on MakeMyTrip from my hotel room room in Goa (hurry due to poor internet connection in the GOA hotel... this sad hotel was also booked thru MMT but thats a different story.
Coming back to SHELTON (Not So) GRAND... I arrived at 2am and had a meeting at 11am so I wanted to catch up on some sleep. I was ushered to Room M002 on the mezzanine. The Room was OK sizewise but that is all I can say positive about it. The Toilet was disgusting: marks and patches of cement where an old shower tray must've been. The floor drains were patched up with white cement, the WC wasn't even cleaned properly, the tiles had stains of leakages and hard water, the taps were corroded, the shower was spraying water all over except where it was supposed to, the floor of the room felt dusty (could not walk barefoot), there was no minibar or coffee/tea kettle, no iron available (you have to pay to get a half-ironed shirt from housekeeping).
I was so disgusted and too pooped from the long day that I just crashed into bed, only to realize the AC doesn't cool and there is no fan either. Barely managed to sleep and at 8am I was awakened by some hammering noise!! Either it was someone in the kitchen below pounding some masalas or from the worksite which was just outside my window!!
The view from my room was a wall of a defunct warehouse and a worksite barely 20 feet away.
I finished the b'fast (which was half-decent) at 9.30am and went up to my room to prepare for the meeting. And voila... the 'Free Wifi' was not working. The wifi coverage in the Room was at best 1 bar which obviously could not support the browser, I went down to the lobby but there was no wifi there either. I then stood in the corridor where I could just about manage to retrieve my emails and get some work done. after complaining to the reception someone turned up to the room with a LAN cable (with one pin broken) and finally I could get connected, but it was too little too late.
Sometimes you feel so disgusted that you just dont want to argue, and I quietly checked out at 11am feeling tired and miserable and ill-prepared for the important meeting I had in the day ahead.
My advise: please choose your rooms carefully if you are booking thru MakeMyTrip... you will get the WORST rooms (at the special rates for ELITE members)!! Pls see the photos I am uploading to make your own judgement.

Room Tip: Make sure you you dont take the Mezzanine floor rooms. Choose with care.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business