“Relaxing resort close to the airport”

and 1 more site!
Fantasy Golf Resort
Ranked #209 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The resort is a quiet lush green getaway close to the airport. The rooms are basic but very clean. The staff took very good care of us during our stay and were punctual in picking us up and dropping us at the airport. We felt really relaxed after our flight from Europe and were in a perfect shape to continue our journey further!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gabriele_michel

Reviewed 7 March 2011

Booked over phone and confirmed it thrice, yet stupid manager messed it up. I took city cab to their place, and realized that instead of 1 and half day payment(for 30 hrs), that we agree upon thrice over phone, I was expected to pay full 2 days rent.
We threatened to pull out and was told to do so. Just because it meant paying additional 1600 in cab fare, I agreed to pay 1.75 days rent as bargain.
Next came food, which was included in weekend package. It was just horrible. Lunch had stale food from previous day I think. So had to settle by eating desserts on both times. When I mentioned this to manager, he just laughed off as if I was cracking a joke. They ripped off 1500 bucks for junk buffet food when ordered cost about 250 bucks per person for 2 ppl.
Breakfast was good. As it was not buffet and we ordered it. Ordered dinner was also good.
Next comes Deluxe Rooms, The room has two single beds put together to for double bed and mattress wud slip over.
I had already read bad reviews about their cab service, and so ordered Meru cab over phone, so at least I reached airport on time and their were no surprises.
And well, Did I mention, The resort has a policy of full upfront payment, So I couldn't have checked out earlier than my scheduled. If it wasn't the case, I actually would have seriously considered to check into another hotel.
To top the cherry, Room service is chargable at 20% extra. Plus luxury tax is 12%

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank surfer703
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Being a native from country sides of England I couldn't come across a better place than Fantasy Golf Resort situated just 15 minutes off from the Airport . We were welcomed by the resort asst. manager Dhiraj and drove in a spanky car to the resort . I have to admit the guy is an example of professionalism for how extra courteous he was during our stay . When we arrived at the resort , it most certainly looked like what was pictured on the website , so lush green , huge space and beautiful ! we had booked a deluxe cottage which is quite adjacent to the swimming pool and as assured we loved the privacy . The room interiors looked just fine , and no complains about the rest room except they didn't have intercom facility for which Dhiraj was kind enough to give us the resort cell phone and the staff would be right at the door by just a missed call as I was advised :) . loved the candle light amongst the huge space , surrounded by trees , chilly chicken was the thing I loved to eat ..not to forget they have acres of open space for outdoor sports . we had a sound sleep and were treated with sumptuous english breakfast in the morning with some India items ( Dosa ) too . I simply loved the place , the service of the staff and it was motivating enough to extend my stay to few more days while the best part is they are reasonably priced . I highly recommend this place if you are traveling for leisure or even business .

Mark A.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ganaiwali
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Like the travellers before us we booked into this place, though very expensive, because of it's proximity to the airport. We wish we hadn't. It started off O.K and we were met at the airport as promised and taken to the resort in a good car. The luxury room we had booked was O.K and everything seemed to be going swimmingly. But this is where it ends: there seemed to be a great shortage of staff, which is very unusual for India, and it took nearly half an hour, having finally 'phoned the manager, to get somebody who had a key to open up the bar - and having travelled all day we were gasping for a cold beer!
Whilst at the bar we were asked if we would have the buffet or wished to dine A la carte. Since we weren't all that hungry we chose the A la carte option and perused the menu whilst we sipped our warm beer (the cold cabinet obviously wasn't working!)
However, when we started to order EVERYTHING that we asked for was not available - no fish, no tandoori items, no nothing except your bog standard curries!
So we ended up having to have the buffet which we were told initially would start at 20:00 but which eventually started at 20:30. The food was just about O.K. but not what we really wanted. And so to bed to get up very early to catch our flight back to the U.K - when we found, to our horror, that the shower / bath taps were not working! We ended up "showering" standing in the bath and using a bucket and jug!
The final insult was that our car was booked for 05:00 to leave 05:15 latest but didn't turn up! Fortunately another employee of this joke establishment turned up shortly after 05:15 and managed to get the driver out of bed and into the car - so, fortunately, we were only about 10 minutes late arriving at the airport. But what if the other employee hadn't chanced by?
Only one of the many pools in the "resort" seemed to have any water in it & the whole atmosphere was one of mismanagement and dejection. A very faded star. Don't go there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Denbutch
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We stayed because it's so near the airport, which it is but it was awful and we couldn't get out of there quick enough. I don't know what the smell in the bathroom was, insecticide we think but it was toxic and we couldn't bear to go in their and all our clothes stank from just a few hours in the room. We would have been better to just sleep in chairs in the airport than stay there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeborahBath_UK
Reviewed 4 November 2010

The hotel is 15 minutes from the airport like the manager had mailed us. The person who came to pick us up at the airport was courteous and took us to resort in a good car. Room was clean with comfortable beds. We had a good night's sleep and good dinner & breakfast. Service staff was good - Gotham was always smiling and helpful. All faciliies were provided as per mail.There was no phone in the room, but the manager gave us a cell phone to contact him. No time to use pool etc., No wi-fi internet service available - A good place to rest after a long flight as it is close to airport .

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emytravels
Reviewed 31 August 2010

overall a well maintained resort close to the airport.I found it quiet and to my liking and also felt the staff were available to assist when needed .

Food variety was not an issue as was i beleive was cooked to order..The pool was clean and well maintained and the restaurant served from a good menu

I shall be using them again if i needed to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business