“It's days of glory are gone”
Review of Gramin

Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Koramangala
Bengaluru, India
“It's days of glory are gone”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

There was a time when it was THE restaurant for veggies. Bring a pure vegetarian I used to visit this place very often. The aam panna the fried bhindi, the kababs were my favorite. But off late the quality and taste is deteriorating. I visited with friends in May 2013 after a long time and found the food to be just average. A couple of my friends even fell sick after eating here. It was either too spicy or just bland. However I thought I had caught them on an off day and went again with parents on Step 2013. This time not only was the good bad but the service was pathetic too. When we told the waiter that our gobhi was not done properly he just shrugged and walked away. The food was do bad that we ended up walking out and visiting a nearby "darshini" to do our stomach :-(. Sad to see one of my favorite restaurants going downhill.

“Nice vegetarian food”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Food is okay and price is on a higher side. It is an average pure-veg option.
What I did not like was the waiting time at this restaurant.

Visited February 2014
“Got sick”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We were looking forward to have a lunch here for last 2 weeks and managed to be there on Saturday. Every thing was as expected since, reviews on TA were comprehensive. We ordered crispy baby corn, veg seeks and paneer Tikka for starters and Dal Afghani and paneer butter Masala in main course.

Crispy baby corn was disaster. It looked like mashed-up manchurian. Must be stale as I vomited out the baby corn pieces on Sunday late night after suffering from stomach pain for whole of Saturday evening and Sunday. Paneer was stretchy and dry. My family didn't eat it after tasting it. Fresh lime soda was nice.

Quantity is good for the price but I suspect the quality now. I remember having read about quality of certain dishes in reviews. It is very popular joint but our experience was not encouraging.

1 Thank Guptaumesh
“Rustic Setup, Excellent Food.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Gramin is a place I used to frequent when I lived close to Koramangala. Each time I have gone with different set of people in large groups, a smaller group and some times just 2 or 3 people, but always had a fantastic time. The decor is rustic and even the menu card gives a rustic feel. I have my favorites here, so I always go for the jal jeera paani, which is probably one of the best I have tasted in Bangalore. I usually go for paneer tikka as a starter. I have tasted lasooni paneer duadar, ajwain paneer tikka and tandoor paneer platter on different visits. And every time they just tasted yum. For main course, I usually go for handi biriyani or gramin biriyani. On few visits I have also had kulchas and side dishes (can't remember them). But what I can remember is every time I went there, came out absolutely satisfied.
It is very reasonably priced and given the fact it is located in a prime area, it is a wonder that they are able to offer such delicious food at affordable prices. Hope to go there soon some time!
Friday evenings can be really crowded, so you may have to wait for some time. But definitely the wait is worth.

• Visited January 2014
New Delhi, India
“*** Try it & You'll Love It ***”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Frankly speaking this restaurant was on my radar since my first visit to "City of Gardens" in 2012, but wasn't able to put up with my "wish" due to one or other commitment OR in other words, you can say "Fate" wanted me to visit this restaurant with my wife :)

As the gas connection wasn't installed @ our new abode, we decided to venture out @ my "Wishlist, i.e. Gramin".

The place is in "Raheja Arcade" which was landmark place once upon a time in Koramangala 5th block diagonally opposite to "Forum Mall".

First thing which surprised me: though we have the restaurant in premises of "Raheja Arcade", the security guard charged me Rs. 30 for the parking (later came to know that this is a standard scene in almost all parts of Bengalooru whether it's a movie or shopping or dining).

Talking of ambience @ the place: It is nicely tucked in a central part of "Raheja Arcade" (@Ground Floor) with a decent & "True-To-Its-Name" gramin/village environment.

Now, we took our seats and ordered the "Starter: Baby Corn Paneer Allahabadi", opted this starter because it was marked as "Jain" (i.e. without "Onion & Garlic").

Why "Jain" ???? Because "Chaitra Navratri" was going on & as "Brahmins" we can't eat "Pyaaz" & "Garlic" during this auspicious 9 days.

*** As soon as "Starter" was served, I threw a "Devilish" but "Sumptous" smile across my "Better Half" which meant "Today we were gonna be a witness to one of the best "Jhakaas" & "Delicious" Food Experience" of our "Life" ***

The "Starter" consisted of "Mutter", "Paneer" dices & "Baby Sweet Corns" cooked in a "Tandoor" (nice one)....

For the "Main Course" we ordered "Laccha Paratha's" (staple fare with us) along with "Gramin Kofta" (which again was a "Jain" option but very good).

"Kofta" were too hard (may be because they were "Gramin" or don't know, but would give "Benefit-of-Doubt" to the chef); but if the "Kofta" would have carried some more "Moman" or "Ghee" or "Olive Oil" along with "Red/Green Chilli Paste" in it, they would have "Tasted" much-much better.

After a long-long time, I had "Laccha" Paratha's which can be termed "Laccha Paratha" in true sense; Very Nostalgic I would say.

All in all, it was an "Awesome" Experience when I paid the bill of just "399" bucks, excluding a "Tip" & "Parking Fee ;).

List of "150+ reviews" on their side, "Gramin" Team is here to rock....I will surely visit this place in near future.

*** A flying birdie told me that, they also have a first floor sitting which is better than the ambience/sitting/tables of ground floor. Will surely give it a shot. ***

• Visited April 2014