“Best experiences ever.”

The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Mangalore
“Best experiences ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

A nice very comfortable stay i enjoyed 3 nights stay with my family at the gateway hotel. the room was very spacious n very clean .the breakfast was very delicious n good spread. thanks to chef parimi sheeram for serving very delisious mouthwatering manglorien thali. we loved neer dosa at coffee shop.we enjoyed indian cusine at the restaurant we loved chines, southindian ,n northindian foods at restaurant.our heartly thanks to g.m mr. peter nirmal for his efforts to the hotel. he is very honest n sincere n loyal to his work.this is my second visit to this hotel.will stay again n again when i visit manglore.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
gateway m, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore, responded to this review, 16 July 2014

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore!!!

It was a great pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Mangalore. The team and I sincerely are grateful for sparing your valuable time and sharing a detailed account of your experience you had during your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to know that you has the best experience ever and I sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our product, restaurants, food and services. I have also conveyed your gracious comments to my team here, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

I thank you once again for this wonderful review of our hotel and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Kindest Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
Goa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel is a very comfortable one and has all the basic amenities but it falls short of the Taj-Gateway brand.

The decor is dated and the rooms and bathrooms give that spent feeling. The alleyways also are now old and in need of an overhaul.

The hotel has to upgrade in terms of rooms as well as thought processes to reach the brand value of being a Taj.

That said the pricing of the hotel is extremely competitive and it is an excellent option for the price as the hotel strives to maintain it's brand association.

Service is excellent, though food is average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings to you from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore!!!

I would like to thank you for your recent patronage and for taking time out in giving us your valuable feedback with regard to your recent stay with us at The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the hotel not meeting up to your expectations. I have noted your feedback with regard to up gradation of rooms. I would like to appraise you that we are upgrading our rooms in a phased manner and have completed one floor. The balance floors and the alleyways would be taken up in the current years. Thank you for your otherwise positive feedback on the exemplary service of our staff.

Your patronage is extremely important to us. We look forward to your next visit to Mangalore and assure you of our finest services at all times.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The package offer is terrific. They even extended the stay by a few hours so that my In Laws could rest a little longer. They took the Dinner offer (free) as they were traveling during the day to the Mookambika Temple at Kollur. Staff is very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

gateway m, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore !!!

It was a great pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Mangalore. The team and I are sincerely grateful for your time taken in posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your review and sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our product and services. I have also conveyed your gracious comments to my team here, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I opted for this hotel during my recent visit to Mangalore going by the "Taj-Gateway" brand name.But my experience was disappointing. The location is bad, with the neighbourhood emiting foul(fish?) smell.The front office personnel were casual and more interested in talking to their friends than attending to the guests.Overall ambience of the hotel was just average. Room, though fairly spacious, was not well kept. Room service and restaurant service was good. Breakfast was OK. Will think twice before opting for this hotel on my next visit to Mangalore.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
gateway m, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore, responded to this review, 10 July 2014

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore!!!

At the outset, I wish to thank you profusely for sparing your valuable time and giving us your feedback on the experience you had during your recent stay with us.

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to the poor courtesy and competency rendered to you by our Front desk associate. I have taken this matter very seriously with the Front Office Manager and his team, I have initiated corrective action and have immediately commenced a revisit of our laid down brand standards and training to acknowledge all guest request with utmost priority. Also I would like to appraise you that we are upgrading our rooms in a phased manner and have completed one floor. The balance floors would be taken up in the current years. We have also taken measures to avoid the trucks carrying fish from the port using the road leading from our Hotel to ensure the fish smell is minimized.

Thank you for your otherwise positive feedback on our restaurant and room service.

Your patronage is extremely important to us and I would like to invite you back to our Hotel during your next visit to Mangalore. I request you to kindly treat this experience as an aberration and I assure you of our finest services at all times.

Kindest Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Its an excellent hotel maintained by gateway hotels. The rooms are a bit old but nicely maintained. The breakfast is excellent. The location may be slightly disappointing but I found it not far from the city.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
gateway m, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Mangalore!!!

We thank you for having given us your valuable feedback whilst your stay with us at The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel to be value for money and hope that you will recommend us to your friends as a preferred hotel.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Thank you also for your kind words of appreciation on our product.

Your kind patronage is greatly valued and we look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of our best services at all times.

Kindest Regards,
General Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights with family, enjoyed very much, excellent hotel with well maintained rooms, excellent food,specially mangalorian thali-must eat. best hotel in mangalore to stay.very good management,thanks to [GM] Peter Nirmal for well maintaining hotel.very warm hospitality .will stay again & again when i visit mangalore.

Room Tip: room facing port view
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore !!!

We are delighted to read your review and sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our product, restaurants, food and services. I have also conveyed your gracious comments to my team here, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Nagpur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at the Gateway expecting the best and yes, we did get the best. The room was very comfortable and gave a good night's sleep. The hotel is very neat, clean and very well maintained.The breakfast was an excellent spread. Will definitely be visiting again if in the vicinity.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AbhiRege
gateway m, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore, responded to this review, 18 June 2014

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore!!!
It was a great pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Mangalore. The team and I sincerely are grateful for your time taken in posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.