“A truly international standard business hotel”

Goldfinch Mangalore
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Mangalore
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Found this hotel, when I suddenly needed to extend a business trip to Mangalore in early June. My Clients recommended this & I have continued to go back and stay there every time since then. Was quite surprised to find such quality rooms & service - both in a comparatively smaller town.

Selection of food is excellent and all the 3 restaurants seemed full of business & local people. Obviously, a family place - well appreciated by the upscale local citizens.
Check in was smooth, though if you are checking out early - i would advise - informing the desk a bit in advance and even then keep a few minutes extra at your disposal. All the 3 times i stayed there, it took more than 20 minutes to check out.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank DolaRoyC

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I went to Mangalore to attend a business event and stayed the night at Goldfinch hotel which is new and hence I decided to stay there. The hotel is no more than an average 3 star and the rooms are just about okay.

The staff are couteous and helpful but not trained well and do not have a clue about the customers needs. The food and service at the restaurant is very average and cleanliness was an area of concern for me.

A basic noveau 3 star that crop up in India and run down very quickly.

Not for the discerning traveller.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed here as a family of 4. We decided to stay in their suite as it would be more comfortable. The suite was large but while the property is designed to be a luxury property the edges are too rough and the finnesse is absent. The service attitude is good but the training of those resources seemed insufficient. The food was mediocre. As we were on a holiday we planned some afternoon snooze time and on both days were woken up with because of the sound of renovation. Each time I had to complain at least more than once before the noise abated. Also because the main road is next to the hotel the noise is quite high unless you are on the higher floors.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2011

conveniently located in the central area. clean and spacious rooms. very helpful staff. except for the travel desk - do not book cabs from there unless you love being overcharged. fabulous food. great breakfast spread. order only the local specialities though... any place in mangalore is a short auto (available in plenty) ride away - cabs are a waste of money...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Anandpar
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The room we booked by our travel agent was too small, so we asked for a bigger room which we got. Unfortunately the room was on the floor under the resaurant, and there was a big noise coming from the ventilation shaft which lasted until midnight. It was impossible to sleep and we made our complaints at the check in counter. They told us that the noise would stop at 11h30 p.m. At last we could sleep , but at 4 o'clock a.m. in the middle of the night there was a heavy noise coming from upstairs. I ran out of the room very angry, guess what, 2 guys were changing gas bottles in the kitchen an dthey were pushing the bottles over the tiles . Next morning we asked for the manager who gave us the suite room to sleep in for 1 more night. We agreed but I told him that I would only pay the upgrade for the bigger room, not for ths suite room. I told him 3 times but he would not agree at the same time: "we shall see tomorrow " he said. So once again I told him how much I was going to pay for the room.
Next morning at the check out it took 20 minutes and guess what : the woman at the counter said I had to pay more tha the upgrade. I told her I was not going to do so and she tried to call the manager again. Then as I became angry I told I would leave without paying at all, if she was going to charge me the extra money; At last she made the correct bill and we left.
As for the room itself : they were good and the suite was very spacious. Breakfast was not good at all and the people in the restaurant had trouble to understand our english.

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We were driving down from Mumbai to Munnar and decided to take a break in Mangalore on day 2 of our journey, so we arrived in Mangalore late evening and found a room available at Goldfinch ( we consider ourselves lucky since most of the hotels were already booked). The rooms, bathrooms , lobby are all done and maintained very well . We chose to have dinner at the 'Sanadige' - a seafood resturant on the top floor. We did not try the seafood but the vegetarian menu had plenty of mouth watering stuff to choose from. The breakfast buffet was the usual continental /Indian fare.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2011

This is really nice to stay at Goldfinch located centrally, People are really cheer & graceful to welcome you. Food is good, verity is also available...

You can enjoy big IPL match with food & drink…….

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business