Goldfinch Mangalore
US$118
Hotel BMS(Mangalore)
US$82
Orbitz.com
The Prestige Hotel(Mangalore)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$64
US$50
US$27
US$24
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewskabab studiosana di gekebabgold finchcafe mojothe heart of the cityreservation staffboutique hotelfront office staffvalue for moneybusiness travelertop floorbuffet breakfastwelcome drinksuperior roombusiness tripin room dining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had stayed in this hotel last week as part of my Karnataka trip with family and this was my first visit to Mangalore. This is one of the top rated hotels in Mangalore and you cannot complain about rooms and facilities as they have everything. I suggest everyone to have Buffet dinner in the "Kabab Factory" and you will not regret at all as it was one of the best I had. Breakfast has extensive spread of items and you will have all the varieties you want.
Would definitely like to visit again.

Room Tip: Any room is fine
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pavan2212
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Mangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We really thank you for you to have taken out your precious time in giving your valuable feedback to us.It is our constant endeavour to provide the best of hospitality offerings to our patrons .We really appreciate that your expectations were meet here in Goldfinch Mangalore.At the same time we would request you to keep patronizing Goldfinch Hotel's as always.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is one of the best hotels in Mangalore, who is providing the high level of luxury ..
I feel like a prince or King
The presidential suite room was stunning, beautifully laid out and very comfortably furnished. The electronics and controls were just amazing and every little thing to ensure your comfort was available at the press of a button. Huge bathroom: spacious and ultra luxurious rooms with a large balcony and large bathroom. Well stocked mini bar.
Hotel staff is treating in a very well manner & in a pleasant way and you will see this on entering the hotel when greeted warmly; the staff was incredibly well trained, courteous and helpful and all in all, it’s an absolutely amazing hotel. I am definitely going to stay in my next trip at the same hotel. I believe this is a true example of their hospitality.

Room Tip: The presidential suite room
1  Thank ShivaKumar077

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel at 19h45 to check in. There were 2 people at reception and one customer when I arrived. Neither one of them (Prashanth / Ratina) acknowledged me and I waited until the other customer had left. Not a major issue, but in all hotels I have ever stayed at, a one to one ratio is the norm.

It is the first time I have stayed at this hotel, and was requested to fill out the customer check in form. I duly did this and waited for my room key. There was a lot of faffing about and discussions in Hindi, and after approximately 10 minutes of waiting, I asked what the problem was. To my amazement they indicated that the room was being cleaned. I pointed out that I had a confirmed check in time of 18h00, so the room should have been ready way before I even arrived. They did not apologise, and merely continued faffing and talking in Hindi.

At this point, I requested to see the manager and was told he was on a break. I suggested that he should come and see me and then continue his break, to which I was told he will not come and see me!!! I think I am still in shock at this retort. Nevertheless, I requested his name - Mahdu (spelling?) and will address this directly with the Goldfinch Hotels Group.

I did not want to discuss this further with the receptionists, who were clearly not too perturbed about anything, and proceeded to my room. Low and behold I was placed in a smoking room, despite the fact that I had requested a non smoking room. Based on the fact that I already had to wait 20 minutes for this room, I did not even bother requesting a room change.

The room itself, was not too bad to be fair, but there were other irritants that reinforced my first impression. The service at breakfast was laboured at best with me having to ask several times for basic items. Also had the "Hindu" newspaper delivered to my room. This despite the fact that I had requested the "Times of India", when completing my check in form. Why bother asking, if you not going to deliver what I asked for?

And besides the fact that I had made it abundantly clear how unhappy I was with things, I am yet to be contacted by the manager! I would have thought he would come and see me after he returned from his break, or even the next morning at breakfast or check out time, but no sign of him. Maybe he is still on his all important break.....

So all in all, what could potentially be a very comfortable hotel in Mangalore is completely let down by the people running the hotel. And unfortunately, this will be the impression I take away from the Goldfinch.

3  Thank Glen B

Dear Guest,

We really thank you for you to have taken out your precious time in giving your valuable feedback to us.It is our constant endeavour to provide the best of hospitality offerings to our patrons .We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you have faced throughout your stay , but do believe us that this was one odd case which has occurred. We promise non occurrence of any such incidents in the near future. Please do keep patronizing us as always.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

i jus visited with my wife for 2 night stay. recieving is good n allotted 401 room it seems it redesigned after a suite room n a/c is also not tht much good . breakfast is good but the one there are too much reluctant . the response is good at reception n room service but not at house keeping needed to improve. location wise its good n reachable. its no way not better tahn deepa comforts in which i visited thrice previously n the cost is also less in deepa. sanadige restaurent is nottht much good as already told in one of my review but the kababs corner is a must visit. over all reasonably good .

Room Tip: i thnk its preferable in 6th floor it seems none in 4th seems good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ratnakar V

Dear Guest,

We really thank you for you to have taken out your precious time in giving your valuable feedback to us.It is our constant endeavour to provide the best of hospitality offerings to our patrons .At the same time we have taken utmost care of all your feedback and assure you with improvements on the next visit.We really appreciate that your expectations were meet here in Goldfinch Mangalore.At the same time we would request you to keep patronizing Goldfinch Hotel's as always.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in the executive suite room.
Very nice room with decent toiletries and well kept furniture.
Colour theme of the room makes it appear smaller than it is. I would be more happier with brighter interiors, I would say.

Upon arrival, the staff was pleasant and warmly showed me the room and check in was a smooth process. I had a prior reservation as the rooms are hard to get as I hear.
I didnt use the Spa or restaurant. Room service was good and the food was delicious and well served.

A great hotel for business visit and the suite provides with a decent sofa and work table with good wifi and a dining table.

Overall, the location and the facilities with good smiling service makes this hotel a pleasant stay choice.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views. Some rooms have awkward shape of a triangle, see your room before moving in if possible.
1  Thank Zackokeepmoving