“An Extremely Pleasant Stay!”
Review of The Ocean Pearl

The Ocean Pearl
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Mangalore
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I came to Mangalore for a three day conference. The organisers recommended Ocean Pearl as the conference was being held at the same.
I opted for a single room which cost me 3500/- which i assume is the subsidised rate.
I arrived early in the morning on the 24th. The gentleman at the counter was very efficient and i was immediately shown to my room (403 on the fourth floor).
The room was a twin bed room. I found it very spacious. In addition to the two beds it had a couple of single seater sofas and one double seater sofa along with a coffee table, a desk and chair. Despite all this I didn't find myself bumping into things (i consider myself a "heavy" guy, for lack of a better word ;-) ). The room was spotless. The bed sheets were pristine white and the bed was extremely well made.
I was impressed with the bathroom. Again, it was spotless!! They've made the shower cubicle a bit bigger than it needs to be. This caused the rest of the bathroom to appear a bit cramped. It's extremely well lit and shaving was a pleasure, although the shaving mirror appeared to perch very precariously from its stand so I did not venture into using it. The shower was fantastic with a strong flow of hot water. All the fixtures, barring the shaving mirror, were top notch.
I did look at the bar menu, although I didn't use it, it seemed quite well stocked. The AC worked wonderfully but I think you had to get up and set it manually as i did not find a remote. The TV was an LED and the size was substantial.
What i really liked about the room was that it was extremely quiet. I think they have sound proofed it pretty well considering the location of the hotel. The bed was divine with pillows to match. This combination resulted in me having one of the most restful nights I've ever had in a hotel located in the heart of the city!
All in all i would recommend this hotel to anybody coming to Mangalore!

PS I'm writing this review sitting in the Coral Restaurant which has come highly recommended. I will post a review once i'm done

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DrJeevak
OCEANPEARL2413800, General Manager at The Ocean Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It was an absolute delight to have been of service to you.

I am happy to know that you had an incredible experience and you found The Ocean Pearl ‘the best hotel chain in the world’ Thank you for this generous feedback.

The team and I are pleased to read your compliments on some gestures made by team that contributed to your impression. Our greatest strength is our team and your recognition for them, is heartening which will encourage them further to deliver our best.

Your positive observations regarding our product, services, food and facilities is inspirational for all of us. It is our continuous effort to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to make their stay truly memorable.

We are grateful you for your recommendation and hope that The Ocean Pearl, remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mangalore.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Hotel is really nice , especially the location in the Heart of the City and proximity to Kadri Temple and Malls is a plus. However i had a bad experience during my last visit to the Hotel,I requested for a Pickup from Airport which was confirmed an evening before. Somehow the Travel desk forgot to arrange , on landing i called the board number they said we are sending the Cab, kept waiting at Airport for 45 mins. Then someone called and told to take a PrePaid Cab from Airport counter and not to Pay the cab, which was really absurd.Finally had to arrange a local cab , since it was Sunday i was fine with it, on other days with meetings and visits it would have really me mad. The worst part there was no apology from the Hotel in anyway.So my advise to people on Business Do reconfirm your Pickups with the Hotel !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
OCEANPEARL2413800, General Manager at The Ocean Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

“GREETINGS FROM THE OCEAN PEARL MANGALORE”

At the outset, the “Management of Ocean Pearl Mangalore” would like to thank you for your kind patronage.

Also I would like to extend my heartiest thanks for having spent your precious time in suggesting us the Scope of Improvements, which not only act as guidelines but also helps us to develop a pleasant and professional atmosphere, in order to meet the Business and Travel needs of our Valued Customer like you.

We accommodate many guests and strive to make their stay a Comfortable and Memorable one to attain the guest delight which is our prime goal.

It was very hurting to know about the inconveniences occurred during your stay with us and for that I express my deep concern and assure you of our best services in future.

Further, I assure you that your suggestions are taken seriously and proper corrective actions have been initiated with an intention to provide better services during your next stay with us.

Looking forward to see you again in your next visit to Mangalore.

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel has got 2 restaurants and a 24/7 Coffee shop. The best in Mangalore. It is always wonderful to have gd food at odd times when the whole city is sleeping.

The food is very good. Also had to book some 20 Rooms for a meeting. So had spend couple of days in the hotel. The staff are very good and the dinner was extraordinary.

Try the veg restaurant in the ground floor.

Dear Guest

The team and I thank you for your time and for sharing your compliments on Trip Advisor. Your compliments on our service will go a long way to motivate the team to continue deliver a high level of service to our guests.

We are delighted to learn that you found rooms, facilities and food to your satisfaction. Our chefs are also happy to note that you enjoyed the Dinner.

We thank you once again for your appreciative feedback about the locational advantage of our hotel and also for you recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this clean modern, and well maintained hotel.
Friendly staff, a choice of restaurants, room service, and in house travel desk.
What the photo of the hotel does not provide in the bustling intersection that surrounds the property.
Noicse however, was not an issue.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

The entire team feels honoured to read your compliments.

We are grateful for your recognition of our product, service and facilities. It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay truly memorable.

The team at The Ocean Pearl is committed to quality service and your appreciation for our team members is truly rewarding.

Thank you once again for your compliments and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My family and I had been for lunch at their "Tide" restuarant to celebrate my daughter's ninth birthday. While the lunch buffet was nice in taste, cozy ambience and value for the price paid, the service was disappointing. The food variety was limited but still a value choice. The choice of fish was not right. It was the cheapest fish in the market and not a fit for this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
OCEANPEARL2413800, General Manager at The Ocean Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from The Ocean Pearl, Mangalore!
At the outset we thank you for the stay at the Ocean Pearl, Mangalore!
We value your suggestions in regards to the Tide service (our coffee shop) for lunch.
Trust your suggestions are been worked upon by the team since we take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.
We deeply value our relationship with us and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.
Please feel free to contact me for any food & beverage experiences with your next stay or visit with us.

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Hotel is Centrally located. Nice cool rooms and friendly staff. They even extended the check out time for me. Being a Xmas time carol singing was going on. If you want to experience authentic local cuisine try this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your stay with us .

We are delighted to learn that you found rooms, facilities and food to your satisfaction. Our chefs are also happy to note that you enjoyed the Local cuisine .

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Although situated in a busy area the hotel was surprising quiet. We had a comfortable room with good air con and double glazing. We ate in the vegetarian restaurant which had an excellent menu and reasonable price. The staff were really helpful and helped us choose an really interesting meal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeardedWanderer

Dear Guest,

The entire team feels honoured to read your compliments.