The Verda Saffron
  • Room Service
Hotel Moti Mahal(Mangalore)
Hotel Parkway(Mangalore)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsrooftop restaurantvalue for moneyroom servicecomplimentary breakfastcity centreplace to staytop floorexecutive roommorning breakfastspecial thanksclean hotelexcellent hotelbooked roomsfront officenice stayhotel is locatedfood quality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed in Hotel Saffron for 2 night and i found exelent services and quick response on every call. Located at the heart of mangalore very closed proximty of road network as well as railway station. staff is very friendly and helpfull. Rooms are very clean with exilent services.

Room Tip: Go for corner rooms thos are spacius having good view of outside
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have stayed in Hotel Saffron in Mangalore two times, and I must say I am not going to go for the third. I cannot believe that a business boutique hotel may offer such a horrendous service.
Every service person in this hotel seems to be lazy (except one).
The 1st time I came, the phone was not working. It was fixed after complaint.
The breakfast is supposed to start at 7 am; when I came at 7:15, most of the items were not ready. I requested an omelet and asked to serve it fast (since I had to do a tatkal booking), but the boy did not do it. I had to leave the room without having the omelet.
The room card did not work the 2nd time I came. The battery was charged after the 2nd request (when I shouted at the person at the reception).
The power does not turn off when the room card is taken out. Well, this should be a concern for the hotel management as the customer cannot remember every time to manually shut off AC and others, when the card system is supposed to do that.
The shower knob came off during my 2nd visit, and went straight down the drain. When a person fixed it, he left the bathroom dirty.
Surprising that a business boutique hotel does not offer a complimentary shaving kit, and gym.
The shower space is less than adequate, and I had to bear with a dirty carton.
The only good news is that the aged person responsible for the kitchen seems to be dedicated to his work.
When I wrote these complaints to the management through the email (07/11/13), no response received till date.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sooomitin
The_Saffron_Hotel, General Manager at The Verda Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Saffron Hotel on your visit to Mangalore. Your feedback is very important to us. We at The Saffron strive to excel at customer satisfaction.

We deeply regret and apologize for your unsatisfactory experience of staying with us last time.

We would like to bring to your notice that the management of the hotel has been taken over by the original owners since the 1st of November 2013.

We have taken it up as a mission to fix all our short comings and improve our guest relations and experience. We intend to be the best hotel in Mangalore in the coming days and hence humbly request our guests to support us with your loyalty.

We are looking forward to serving you better on your next trip to Mangalore and promise to make your stay memorable.

Regards,

The Saffron Hotel
Mangalore

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is comfy and really good value of money but the veg restaurant is not at all good. 8 years ago I had some breakfast in that same restaurant and I was craving for more..today, I don't even see in its direction. There is a good restaurant exactly opposite the hotel. Some Padmashri I guess.. the food is really good over there

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights . Staff very friendly and helpful . Located at the heart of mangalore . City centre mall just 200m away :) Excellent Value for Money ! Free wifi in all rooms . Decent complimentry breakfast ! Special thanks to staff For making our stay wonderful :) will visit again

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Had checked the review from Trip Advisor nice place courteos staff safe centre of the city great staff accomdating and helpful got a good bargain ratw food was ok as per local requirements felt great will stay always here when in Mangalore

• Stayed: September 2013