“One night houseboating on the #KeralaBlogExpress”

Lakes & Lagoons Tour Company
Ranked #26 of 209 Tours in Kerala
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a very comfortable and relaxed stay on the houseboat. There is not much else to do than enjoy the view on nature and life onshore. Very nice food for lunch & dinner. Staff was friendly and helpful, although their English was very limited

1  Thank SvanLieshout
in 4 reviews
"premium houseboat"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Two night premium cruise for two of us was an unforgettable experience. Wonderful nature combined with a journey into Keralan cuisine and most relaxing atmosphere was a breath taking experience.
All the five star amenities were on board, non stressing schedule made by exellent staff - what else can one ask...?
Nothing is perfect,,, by arrival we had to wait for the connection boat for more than half an hour.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

After checking in at the Lakes and Lagoons office we were transferred via a motor boat for an overnight stay in their deluxe houseboat.

As we got on board we were really impressed with the houseboat amenities. The front of the boat was fully furnished from the sofas near the front of the boat, a glass dining table, in addition home entertainment with a TV and DVD player with a selection of DVDs/CDs.

We checked out the two bedrooms and these were all clean and well-furnished rooms with AC. They tried to make it as homey as possible and we were really awestruck from the get go!

As we set off we were offered refreshments and after half an hour into of our cruise through the Backwaters we docked so they could serve as lunch, which was really tasty.

We then set off again to continue down the Backwaters and what can I say, such an amazing experience, this was one of the highlights of our trip. I had been planning this trip for over a year and the Backwaters was something I really wanted to experience, the pictures alone had blown me away so was really looking forward to this. But when we actually got out there, it really exceeded my expectations, we had been in south India for a week by this point and everything up to this point was really good but I was totally awestruck being on the Backwaters!

Throughout the day we were taken care of, with afternoon tea with savoury bites, and later dinner when we docked for the night and then finally breakfast the next morning before we ended our experience of the Backwaters. This was such an amazing experience, I'm glad we did it. I would definitely do this again if I were to return to Kerala.

4  Thank MsDMistry
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have taken this houseboat on 01-MAR-2014.House boat was maintained very neat.Staff were good.Food was not great though not bad either.Felt a bit expensive for the boat house provided.Enjoyed the boat ride overall.

1  Thank ur_chiru
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We booked a 3-Bedroom Houseboat for 2 nights from Alleppey. Right from the time we reached the office, we experienced wonderful hospitality. The crew on our boat were humble, kind and very helpful. We were fed and taken care of very very well. The crew was always understanding. The food cooked was delicious and i really miss it now. I will definitely consider booking my next Houseboat vacation with Lakes and Lagoon.