“Excellent and Delicious”

FLAVOUR Cooking Class
Ranked #3 of 16 Food & Drink in Kerala
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing Indian style cooking class - duration one and half to two hours
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Although it was difficult to find at first (the sign is just on the front gate) my friend and I stopped by earlier in the day to make reservations. We were told the time and price and we returned later that evening. All the ingredients were prepared so we just had to throw them in at the proper time which allowed us to focus on cooking!
Meera and her husband both gave instructions and my friend and I took turns cooking the different dishes and taking notes. The ingredients and recipes were printed in packets that we were given at the start of the course.
When we were finished cooking we feasted! Since we were the only two students we were stuffed.
Go to this course. You will not be sorry!

2  Thank Leannarc
There are newer reviews for FLAVOUR Cooking Class

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My partner and I took a class with Meera in late July costing 550R each (we made a reservation in person the day before). I would thoroughly recommend it as she and her husband were both lovely and the class was fantastic. We prepared four curried dishes and a plate of chapatis. They had the ingredients and fresh vegetables laid out for each dish, and a printed copy of the recipes ready for us when we arrived. Meera’s instruction was clear and helpful and the class can be tailored for all cooking abilities and spice preferences.

1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Meera is a good teacher who listens and adjusts to fit the group. She is knowledgeable about food terminology in English as well as being a great cook herself. Everything was organised and pre chopped, there were printed recipes and pens ready, This woman has her act together! And she's lovely. The food was great. I look forward to trying out these recipes at home.
And it was excellent value for money too. I'm a very happy client.

1  Thank Carolyn J
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We enjoyed this cooking class very much. It was very low key, being in Meera's home. The dishes were all very easy to prepare and we look forward to trying them out. All dishes were good, but credit must go to the beetroot thoran - the only time I have found beetroot palatable! We did a lot of the cooking ourselves, but Meera was nearby to assist. Meera's husband is the 'chapati man' and while we could not seem to make our chapatis round, he was a good teacher. Highly recommend this course!

1  Thank heathernd
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Had a great time cooking delicious Keralan dishes, which was the nicest food we had throughout the holiday. The beetroot Thorran was particularly amazing. Both Leo and Meera were fantastic teachers, very clear, friendly and the instructions provided were very versatile. Overall it was a brilliant experience and would recommend it to everyone visiting Fort Kochin.

1  Thank dtiern