“Excellent food and nice homely feel”

FLAVOUR Cooking Class
Ranked #3 of 17 Food & Drink in Kerala
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing Indian style cooking class - duration one and half to two hours
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Meera and her husband put on a great little cooking class. Her English is fantastic and she explains everything really well, including how you can adapt some of the ingredients when you get home. The food (we chose pure veg) was delicious and we really enjoyed learning and cooking (note: you each get to cook one dish with Meera's assistance - it isn't like a bigger cooking school where each person cooks each dish at their own work station). There was more than enough food for our group but no one was a big eater - could have been a little on the low side for some people but we were more than happy and thought it was good value for money.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I contacted Meera a month before our trip and then again when we arrived in Cochin. Our class with her was perfect. Her house is in the heart of the "tourist area" of Cochin, and very easy to find. It was a real treat to be in her house with her husband , who is her sous chef, and her children, who were busy with their homework ( and only came in to say Hi when class was over).
We made four deliecious veg. dishes …and her husband help us with the chapatis. The recipes were very easy to follow as was her instruction. The two hours flew by. She is a lovely woman with a good sense of humor. In addition to the great food we prepared and ate, and the recipes we took home with us, We were given an authetic glimse into family life in Cochin. I highly recommend these classes!

2  Thank jt1LosAngeles
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Although it was difficult to find at first (the sign is just on the front gate) my friend and I stopped by earlier in the day to make reservations. We were told the time and price and we returned later that evening. All the ingredients were prepared so we just had to throw them in at the proper time which allowed us to focus on cooking!
Meera and her husband both gave instructions and my friend and I took turns cooking the different dishes and taking notes. The ingredients and recipes were printed in packets that we were given at the start of the course.
When we were finished cooking we feasted! Since we were the only two students we were stuffed.
Go to this course. You will not be sorry!

2  Thank Leannarc
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My partner and I took a class with Meera in late July costing 550R each (we made a reservation in person the day before). I would thoroughly recommend it as she and her husband were both lovely and the class was fantastic. We prepared four curried dishes and a plate of chapatis. They had the ingredients and fresh vegetables laid out for each dish, and a printed copy of the recipes ready for us when we arrived. Meera’s instruction was clear and helpful and the class can be tailored for all cooking abilities and spice preferences.

1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Meera is a good teacher who listens and adjusts to fit the group. She is knowledgeable about food terminology in English as well as being a great cook herself. Everything was organised and pre chopped, there were printed recipes and pens ready, This woman has her act together! And she's lovely. The food was great. I look forward to trying out these recipes at home.
And it was excellent value for money too. I'm a very happy client.

1  Thank Carolyn J