“great stay”

Green Berg Holiday Resorts
Hyderabad, India
“great stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

we had been to the resort for a 3 day conference .the resort is a peaceful place away from the hustle bustle of city life.u can enjoy nature.the cottage was good & food served was excellent. they have facilities for cycling ,badminton, basketball, trekking & swimming.the staff was helpful.mobile signals are weak.the place is good for weekend stays with family.the valley view is very good.

Room Tip: if travelling with elderly people ,please select cottage near the restaurant since you need to climb...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank SANDEEP H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Nice and peaceful place about 95 km from Cochin. A good place to stay away for a day. A good swimming pool and other facilities... The staff were also helpful. The trekking was also a nice experience.

Room Tip: Cottages are good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mumbai
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice location but far away from town. Good place for weekend tours for family. Swimming pool is attraction.Kids will enjoy pool.so carry swimming costumes .Food is ok. Landscaping is still going on.Not so cool so need not carry sweaters.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Manish N
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Was looking for a place to take my office team for a team outing and discovered this place accidentally. The mgmt was very cooperative in listening to our requirements and providing us with an itinerary which was more than good for our lot
There was no difficulty in reaching the resort
The reception we received was good and so was the entire service provided during our stay
There were lot of options for team activities and the trekking trail was mind boggling with some awesome scenic points (should never miss it, and also ask for the longer one rather than the normal one)
The food (buffet) was an excellent attraction and each and every member enjoyed it a lot
Would suggest this as a good spot for team outings and also for family vacations

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank aswslife
kottayam
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I came to know about the resort by searching for "resorts in idukki". Seeing the reviews I bookde for my family without actually enquiring about it. But I was totally justified in my decision.The trip was one of the best for our family. The location is good ;sufficiently near the main road.THe food was great. The staff were totally involved. Idukki does not have that many great places for sight seeing but the activities in the resort itself is more than enough to spend 1-2 days. I have not seen this many different kinds of boats (kayak,raft,cycle,pedal,rowing) in a single place.The only eyesore was the cleanliness of the upholstery in the rooms (which I learnt were in the process of changing).Overall good experience

Room Tip: All cottages are equally good
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kunjettan
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We went there for a family get together and had a very good time.
Trekking and view from mountain top was the highlight. No one should miss it!. They have some good activities such as kayaking, cycling, water cycling, pool etc. A relaxed walk around the property is most enjoyable though (Especially during morning).

The service is quite commendable. All the staffs are extremely courteous and professional. Special mention to Sachin (GM) who was very considerate. Initially we were not quite comfortable with the rooms allocated to us. But understanding our needs and wishes, he swapped us to more comfortable rooms.
We are vegetarians with specific food requirements. They catered to our needs and cooked tasty food with quality.

Some areas of improvement would be the room as such. The room was clean but very basic. Considering that the rooms are priced around 6K, one would expect better standard with respect to beds, furniture, bathroom etc. However, their renovated rooms are quite good (We got one such renovated room). Swimming pool also could be better.

Overall, the trip to green berg was memorable and enjoyable! We loved it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place is an awesome get away from our stressful mind. We had a nice journey though its mystique and mesmerizing greenery. The hilltop was just beyond the words. We sat near the fire and it was a bliss when the mist came from down slowly with a nice breeze and covered all over us. At night you can have a walk though the clouds.

We saw family and kids enjoying their time peacefully and I feel really sad for the person who tried to depict it badly with his story in one of the reviews. This is my second time and will recommend this place a 100 more times than any other place. The staff there is just beyond the words, he take care of us very well and let us in our own peace and privacy. They provided me internet, hot water, good food (in fact great), access to all amenities and guided me to all places where I want to find my peace of mind. I still remember their names Sujo, Febin, Sachin and one more person was there I am trying to remember hid name. God bless them all.

The most important fact is that, the reputation builds when we get good comments from friends and family. I recommended this place to my friends who traveled all along from various parts of Europe, America and Australia with kids and family. They called and thanked me saying "It's gods own heaven". In fact I had recommended this place for one of my team in company as well. It was an awesome experience they had as their team outing and fun part is that they still remember the service and discount they got. I am not sure words are enough..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank LibinKurian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idukki
The Leaf Munnar
#3 of 22 in Vagamon
WindHaven Resort
WindHaven Resort
#4 of 27 in Idukki

Been to Green Berg Holiday Resorts? Share your experiences!