“Wind Hevan Resort, Ramakkal - A must part of your Kerala Itinerary”
Review of WindHaven Resort

WindHaven Resort
Reviewed 16 July 2013

PRASHANT HINGE, MUMBAI

We had been to Kerala in the Month of May 2013. As per our itinerary, We were to visit Munnar, Thekkady, Allepy, Kanyakumari and Kovalam.
I had done all my hotel bookings over net. As per my knowledge , Windhevan Resort was located in Thekkady. When we were proceeding to check-in the Windhevan Resort we found it very far away from Thekkady. But when we actually reached the resort, it was a pleasant surprise for all of us to see the surrounding beauty and a nice resort to rest in.Then we decided that we should recoomend to others that Ramakkal should be a MUST part of Kerala Itinerary.

Ramakkal is a special Historic place with a huge Monument of Kuravar and Kurathi Statue. It provides a panoramic view of Tamil Nadu villages and towns. The sight is even wonderful at dusk when all these towns lighted. Rama – kal – medu literally means “Land of Rama’s Stone” or “Land where rama kept his leg at the top of a mountain at Ramakkal to search Ravana the King of Lanka who abducted his wife Sita.

One can move up to the top of the rock and feel to be at the top of the world. Speciality of the wind flow is another factor which makes Ramakkal unique. Wind blows at very high speed. You will have to experience it to understand how much it will rejuvenate you.

Amongst such abundant wind, the WIND HEVAN RESORT located at Ramakkalmedu , is a stop one must have to experience the nice hospitality extended by the staff and proprietor.

Room Tip: Talk to the Proprietor directly and tell your need. You will get the guidance for you entire trip.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank HPrashantMumbai
anitamani, Owner at WindHaven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Sir,

I am really touched the way you have learnt about Ramakkal and loved the beauty of it. Yes, it is one among the best in Kerala and slowly emerging as a jewel where it will find the right spot in the Kerala crown. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. My sincere gratitude for recommending Ramakkal to the World.

Wishing you all the very best.

With kind regards
Anita mani.

There are newer reviews for WindHaven Resort

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at the Windhaven resort for one night as part of a cycle tour around Kerala and Tamil Nadhu. The location is amazing. The room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. The staff were very friendly and really helpful. The owner took us up into the hillls for a short trek in the morning. His enthusiasm for the area and history is infectious.
It's a little out of the way but well worth the effort.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main hotel but there was also a tree house which looked fun. Not sure if the monke...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda H

Hiya Linda,

Thanks a million for your wondeful review and I am glad that you have enjoyed the stay and liked the lecture of my hubby Capt.Noble. He loves the mountains so much beinged bored off seas and oceans and keep taking everybody to top station through the woods. I am also happy to note that you liked the room and appreciated our standard.

Enjoy your cycling and have fun.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I think Kerala Trip without Ramakkal is just Incomplete. The Amazing place and the amazing people. And what a vision the Captain (the owner) has. I enjoyed his company and hospitality of the family members during my visit. Saw the bravest, cutest and youngest guide there - Johann and Sabrina. Have already made my mind to visit there again, lets see when time allows me again. Ramakkal peak, view of TN in the night, the tree house, the spices farming, top station, tracking trails, the food.. One is gonna simply love the place for its calmness and serenity. All stars, do visit!! I hope to explore more in my next trip..

Room Tip: Just talk to the people out there. They are very helpful..
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank AMIT J

Dear sir,

Thanks for the wonderful review and I am glad that you have enjoyed Ramakkal and company of little son Johan. Yes we all love the top station visit through the woods and it is pleasure to show the treasure of Ramakkal to our guests.
I am sure you and your friends with family had a great time at Ramakkal.

will be looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

It was one of my friend advised me Wind haven resort.I really enjoyed my two days stay @Wind Haven,Nice ambience,tasty food,cozy rooms,good weather and above all very good service.The walk to the Top station was excellent.I need to visit here again with my family.

Room Tip: here is a tip from me.I love the suite room,101
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank tery996

Dear sir,

thanks fro the wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Anita Mani

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Have to admit the view from the resort ,the staff was very cordial and courteous. Had the pleasure an evening and a night at this location and it was such a good experience. Looking forward to bring my family and spend more days here.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the rooms that has the view of the statues , it is worthwhile the stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Saji_George

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the review and I am glad that you had a pleasant stay at Ramakkal. Please do visit again with your family.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Excellent hotel enriched with hospitality. The rooms were basic but clean & well made up. The staff were couteous and the kitchen was fabulous. The attention and assistance provided by Ms. Mini perera & Ms.Anita , were much beyond the expectations. Ours was a family trip with 14 members comprising of all age groups ranging from 4 to 74. Entertainment was made available for everyone, and the managers guided us well, making opertunity to enjoy everything , what the nature provided there. A morning treck to Top station, which was insisted upon us by Ms. Mini, turned out to be the most enjoyable and memorable activity during the entire trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank girikalady

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the wonderful review. Yes! it was a wonderful trip with all those lovely children around. Even I was enjoying the time with you all and never felt it was a work as I was filling some slots to avail leave for somebody. Yes! Top station the treasure spot of Ramakkal cannot be matched at all elsewhere.

Looking forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Anita Mani

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The resort has got a great location if you do not want to be in the middle of the city and just want to chill. Not much to do around if you want to step out unless you leave for Thekkady which is around 15kms from wind haven. A hike to Ramakkal (mountain top mythological important) in the morning is a must. You can see Tamilnadu right next to the resort.
I would rate resort itself as average. Good food. My wife loved the veg spring rolls and a fish preparation that I don't remember the name of.
Owner was there for two days when we were there. She and the staff was very helpful. Always smiling. I would say I have not see a better hotel staff ever. We could not have better people serving us on our first day in Kerala.
The resort lives up to its name. It is a windy place and I am sure everyone would love that. You can see windmills all around the mountains from the resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bishts

Dear sir,

Thank you for your wonderful review and appreciation. I am also glad that you have liked Ramakkal and enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the compliments on our service and we will keep it up as usual.

Anita Mani.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Idukki
Beaumont Plantation Retreat
Punarjani Resorts
Punarjani Resorts
#2 of 2 in Ramakkalmedu
Edassery Resort Kattapana

Been to WindHaven Resort? Share your experiences!