“Very pleasant stay”
Review of Sajhome

Sajhome
Ranked #3 of 229 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed by myself for one night in March, and I had a lovely time. The owner Saj is very friendly and serves tasty authentic breakfast, which he is very enthusiastic about. Although it's pretty much too hot for much sightseeing in March, my stay was comfortable and I felt safe.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you very much for being with us and happy to know that you had a wonderful stay at our tiny accommodation and I am delighted that in enjoying all of my tips, suggestions our homely breakfast. transport arrangements.

Saj

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed 6 May 2013

After a long, dusty and hot day of traveling in March, I was greeted at Sajhome by his daughter with an ice cold bottle of water. If you fly into Cochin, take Saj up on the transportation from the airport - it's the same cost as a taxi and they will get you there faster. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and Saj is extremely helpful by giving you a map, directions, times of trains/buses, cost of transport, whatever you need, he always had a very nice suggestion. I picked this based on reviews in Trip Advisor and they were accurate - Lonely Planet needs to add Sajhome to it's listings.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this post and it is glad to read that you have enjoyed our rooms, hospitality. service, all the travel arrangements and homely food.

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again.

Saj m fmly

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We traveled to Kochi for 3 days with my wife, a friend of ours and his wife, as a part of our South India trip. Those three days must have been the most memorable part of the trip. Our host Saj was wonderful. He took care to make our stay very comfortable. The rooms are nice and the breakfast was delicious. Saj suggested us the places to visit and made arrangements for backwater cruise. I would definitely recommend this place. Hope I will visit Kochi again, and relive those wonderful moments in Saj Homestay.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony are very good. We stayed in room number 5 and liked it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nath_ankur

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Third visit to sajhome, first in October 2011, second in Nov 2012 and third in Feb 2013, first review on here - shame on me! What can I say, welcoming and accommodating - lovely comfortable rooms, tasty authentic kerelan breakfasts or something more familiar from home if that's what you want, always happy to help. In a great location for visiting Fort Cochin and the wider area.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Sajhome is a beautiful family run guesthouse in Fort Kochi. Saj himself is omnipresent, ever so helpful and his family are a nice and fun bunch who chip in whenever he is not right there. They help with any of your queries without ever interfering in your own plans.
Their guesthouse - home is very clean, every attention is given to your comfort and needs, it is quite impossible to find cheaper with so much comfort in a very reasonably priced home.
Come or come back like me (3 times so far) and tell them that it's wonderful.
Mariana Amar

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this post and it is glad to read that you have enjoyed our rooms, hospitality. service, all the travel arragements and homely food.

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again.

Saj m fmly

Reviewed 30 April 2013

After experiencing the worst possible start to our India trip (the first day of the strike - stranded at the airport, no phones, no public transport whatsoever!) we were so relieved to finally arrive at Saj Home (in a police van!) and be greeted by the smiling faces of Saj, his wife and daughter. They were so welcoming as they handed us a cold bottle of water and two delicious fresh juices while we sat and filled out the forms. Saj had kept the room for us despite not hearing from us all day. We were shown to our room, where our bags were already waiting. Finally, we could relax!

The room was Rs1975 per night including breakfast, which works out at about €28. This was slightly more expensive than average, but the homestay is spotless, the food was lovely and the service was impeccable so we felt it was worth it. Our room was very nice and we had a small balcony. The A/C was a godsend as Fort Kochi was sweltering when we were there. The bathroom was the typical open-plan style, and I think there was always hot water but we didn't need it most days. Saj was great at showing us what to see in the local area and where to eat (Dal Roti!) The location is perfect - it is walking distance to all the main sights of Fort Kochi.

Breakfast is eaten out on the lovely balcony, and it was absolutely delicious. We could not get enough of the coffee and juices! On our last morning we left for Munnar at around 6am and Saj had prepared a little breakfast box for us, which we really appreciated!

There is a separate entrance for guests which is a nice touch, you don't feel like you are intruding in the family's personal space (although we didn't know about this entrance at first and kept ringing their doorbell!) but whenever you need help, someone is there. The door is locked at 10pm but there is a security guard at the ATM downstairs who will let you in after that. Having the ATM downstairs is so handy, you don't have to walk far with large sums of money in your pocket. My boyfriend thought he had been robbed one day and Saj was so good at calming us down and helping us figure out what had happened (turns out it was just a mistake with our bank - but always make sure you press the 'no more transactions' button!)

Natasha is the star of Saj Home, she is so cute and a joy to deal with. She let us use their family computer when the internet cafe nearby was closed and even sorted out Kathakali tickets for us. She also treated us to a singing performance! On our last evening she took care of our bill with the height of professionalism... and she's only 10! We were so impressed. Saj, you and your wife can retire now and let Natasha take over :-D

The only minor complaint we have is the price of laundry - it was our first stop so we didn't know how much it should cost, but having travelled through the rest of the country we now know it was expensive in comparison. Everything else was spot on though. We felt very welcome and taken care of at Saj Home, and we would recommend it to everyone. It was the first place we stayed in India, and our first experience of a homestay - thank you Saj and family for making it a great one.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Saj Home is a great place to stay. It's budget priced and assures one great hospitality and great location.

I travelled to Fort Kochi a month ago with my wife, I believe she has also provided here review, but I felt I should write a review myself as well.

Saj and his family are very hospitable and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, but at the same time give you enough space to do your own thing. They are very easy to deal with and will be happy to arrange anything you may require, including an unexpected request for a late lunch (Saj served us food made for his family, which was delicious). Saj also sits down with you when you check-in to tell you about the lay of the land, literally and figuratively, providing you with a map and telling you what is where. Where the good food is, where the sights are, what to see, what to avoid, where to get a cold beer. He also assists in finding autos, arranging for tickets to art performances, etc.

Great place to stay at. My wife and were so impressed that we left a tip which was 40%-50% of the room rent almost, as we felt that was what the stay was worth.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for your 2 valuable reviews and we are all really delighted to know that both of you have enjoyed our tiny home, service, homely food, all the suggestions and recommendations.

Hope to meet both of you in future and once again thank you very much for being with us.

Saj n Fmly