Sajhome
US$108
Marriott Hotels
US$81
Taj Hotels
Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin(Kochi (Cochin))
US$114
US$119
TripAdvisor
US$67
TripAdvisor
Old Harbour Hotel(Kochi (Cochin))
US$172
1,482 results
All reviewssaj homemr sajsaj's wifepineapple juicekeralan breakfastfort cochinexcellent driverdelicious keralantrain ticketsgave us a maphome stayevery morningbackwaters tourairport pickupbreakfast was deliciousa great place to staytravel arrangements
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We picked Saj Homestay after my sister and her husband stayed the year before and received excellent service and recommended us. Saj absolutely lived up to his reputation.

We had an air con car waiting for us at arrival which drove us to his home stay in the heart of fort Cochin. Saj and his young daughter were there to welcome us. So welcoming and warm. They gave us a map with some highlights of the area and places to eat of note. That first day Saj helped us book our backwaters trip, our day trip to Cherai, advised on our tickets to varkala and also helped put us in touch with a lady to do our henna at the homestay. We didn't have to worry about anything and could just relax and explore the whole time we were on Kerala.

The room we stayed in was lovely, we had a little balcony to ourselves that looked over the street. Very reasonably priced and most importantly cool.

The breakfasts at Saj are brilliant. Each morning you have a different type of Keralan breakfast and Sajs wife is an excellent cook.

I would recommend this place in an instant. Having travelled all over India before arriving in Cochin, you won't find better or more welcoming host.

We returned to Saj homestay for our final night in India to end our trip on a high.

• Stayed: November 2013
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this feedback and we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay, our homely food, all the suggestions and arrangements

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again in future

Kind regards
Saj

Reviewed 27 November 2013

It was a really warm welcome at Saj's. I was ill at that moment and Saj took care of me. His wife cooked some diat food for me. I was very glad to be at such a friendly place. He also helped me with booking train tickets. I had a small single room for 900Rs. I was ok with the size but in my opinion it is a little overpriced for it had only a van and no AC. I think the AC rooms are reasonable priced. What threw a shadow over my stay was that I had to pay for the whole airport pick up (950Rs) who was not able to find me. My plane arrived 16.30 instead of 17.00. I was waiting on the exit from 16.50 till 17.15. Then I went inside to phone Saj but did not succeed because I copied the numbre wrong. I checked the exit again but could still not find my name. So I finally took the 17.30 bus. All in all I was waiting half an hour after the estimated time of arrival. And sorry Saj, whatever you say, the driver was not on time and was not doing his job. When he doesn't know wheter the plane from Dheli-Mumbai is arriving on the domestic or the international terminal, he should go to the airport and ask before the estimated time of arrival so that he can be on the right exit on time. What is so difficult about finding the only white women on the whole airport? You can't even prove that he was there!!! That I didn't phone you is a weak excuse!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Siesta_Z
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great accommodation & location in Fort Cochin. Unfortunately we only had one night with Saj & family but Saj was very helpful on our arrival providing a map & marked points of interest for our swift tour of Fort Cochin. Accommodation is clean & quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindaCraig68
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Sir & Madam,

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again in future

Kind regards
Saj

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We arrived at Saj's to a really warm welcome and Saj told us about things to do and places to eat in and around Kochi. The rooms at Sajhome are faultless and the best overall combination of price and quality during our tour of India. The rooms have good and quiet air-con, nice bathrooms with powerful hot showers, comfy bed and are as Saj advised mosquito proof if you don't leave doors open, which is quite important here. The wifi also works ok.

The recommendations Saj made were all spot on! The first place we ate - Casalinda served amazing fish dishes for a decent price. I am hungry thinking about it now!

Saj organised a tour for a good price round Fort Kochi with our driver Mahin who was a really good guy who spoke good English. We asked to add Cherai Beach onto the itinerary, although contrary to what Lonely Planet says, the beach isn't that great - a lot of rubbish when we went there.

Saj also organised a tour with our driver Joy and 2 other hotels, one in Periyar and one in Munnar. We were happy with both. Checking the prices for the driver and the places we were staying at everything seemed very fair. Saj genuinely wants to help unlike at some hotels who try to get big commissions off their guests. We also had our houseboat tour organised for us which again was a very good experience and we enjoyed it thoroughly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank flynny1980
Reviewed 21 November 2013

There is a reason Sajhome is number 1 on trip advisor. For starters, Saj and his entire family are so welcoming and make you feel right at home from the minute you get there. Saj has expert skills in being able to manage your itinerary and balancing it with enough time to relax and just enjoy Fort Cochin. If you have any trip in mind, Saj will help you to plan it, and also has many nice drivers/rickshaws that he can call and hire for you if you need. The breakfast is also amazing..honestly I don't remember having better dosas anywhere in the world! And, I was travelling alone--so if you are worried about being a solo female, don't be! You will be totally fine, and Saj will make sure you are safe and enjoying your trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo