“Clean, tidy beware of 'helpful advice' from owner.”
Review of Sajhome

and 1 more site!
Sajhome
Ranked #3 of 211 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The homestay is clean and the food is nice, albeit the portions and drinks tiny. Asking or more seemed a little embarrassing.
However, beware of the advice being offered by Saj. He told me I was too fat to take an Indian bus to Munnar. That I had to take a taxi for 2500rps and that I should have the taxi for 2 days to sightsee whilst I was there! What a joke,Im tall and a size 18 (uk) I took the bus to munnar (82rps) and fitted just fine. Also found out that a taxi can be booked for 1500rps to take you there and 1500 per day if you want a taxi in Munnar. Seeing as this was my first trip to India I am so glad I stuck to my guns and ignored his advice. Al he wanted was his cut. Really disappointing. I wouldn't book anything he suggests or helps with, as youll more than likely be paying double.
Avoid the room at the back, no light, dark and you cant open any windows or door due to mosquitoes. Actually the mosquitoes here were rampant, make sure to wear insect repellent at breakfast time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chicaloca77
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Madam,
Thank you for your time for this review. I am not shocked to read this review as I expected this from you as you had threatned me about your poor review, especially when I questioned you about the 2 lost new bath towels from your room on the check day as House keeeping staff noticed the missing towels.
You have behaved very rudely and unfriendly to me, my staff and to my entire family incluidng my 11 year old daughter Natasha. Your stubborn character were unacceptable in any condition at our home, but we just ignored it for smooth running of hospitality and service to other in house guests due to the peak season.
Your presence at our home made my 11 year old Natasha so scared as you have shouted at her and also shouted to another guest (irish lady) and banged door on her face, who came to help Natasha. You banged the room door with massive noice all the times even though I had warned you NOT to do the same and the door lock got damaged..
Actually I have offered a cab to Munnar, when you enuire about the same as I felt ordinary Indian bus journy would be difficult and uncomfortable for you as per the reason you have mentioned on your review as you are a tall person with 18 (UK), Yes I have quoted INR for INR 2500/- for a cab and driver, which is cheapest quotation in Forktochi to Munnar as it is located 140kms from Fortkochi and the current taxi cost is INR 2900/- to 3100/-
We always serve breakfasts unlimited quanity with good sized portions and with big glass for serving juices and also extra portions with out any additional charges even it is continental or Local Keralan breakfast, but in your case you used to have 7-9 dosas and Appams daily as you have mentioned those were delicious and had enjoyed with very big smile (You have smiled only during breakfast time to get more food and drinks and never seen you embarrassed )
Please refer the photos of juice glasses on tripadvisor against your false statment about DRINKS TINY.
All the rooms at Sajhome are with power lights, Windows and it is not my fault you could not view those windows even though you stayed 4 nights in such a small room .
Mosquitoes are there in all over the world and all the tourists are aware of mosquitoes in Kochi, that is the reason I had asked you to keep the balcony door closed from -6.00pm till the sun rise as mosquitoes flee into homes during these hours, but you used to keep the door opened always and mosquitoes had a good feast on you, this is because of your rude, stubborn, unfriendly character.
God may bless with you with your good health and thoughts.

There are newer reviews for Sajhome

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Almost all has been said about this place and it's friendly and helpfull owner and most of it is true :-) The rooms are clean, the location perfect and the host very friendly. Beware of some power cuts, not always at convenient times... and though Saj does NOT recommend it, don't hesitate to use a tuk tuk, as long as you set the price in advance and inform the driver you won't pay him if he brings you to a store without being asked...One last thing: very reasonable for standards, Saj is on the expensive side in Kochin. But still, good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this feedback and we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay, our homely food, all the suggestions and arrangements

Reviewed 9 January 2014

From the moment we arrived we felt valued. Saj is very helpful and helped us plan the rest of our time in the south of india. He recommended some great places to stay.
The homestay itself is very clean and only a short walk to the harbour. The room we had was nicely decorated and had a lovely balcony. The food was excellent, gorgeous lassies and traditional indian breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was a little hesistant in taking homestay as this was my first experiment with this type of accomodation. But What an experience! Fantabulous! Best ! Neat, Tidy and worth staying. I was with one more couple and the arrangements were made by me which was appreciated by everyone not only for the cleanliness but also the guidance and the help extended by Saj( Owner) to organize my whole tour to Kerala. He went an extra mile to ensure that all our arrangements are perfect. His knowledge of the area helped a lot to us. He only arranged for the booking of rest of the homestays which were equally good. We enjoyed every bit of our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at Sajhome for one night, the first night of the family holiday to Kerala. Lovely bedroom and decent enough washroom.
Saj was a fantastic host and could recommend where to eat and what to see easily. He arranged airport pick up and even booked the rice boat we stayed on after staying at his homestay for us.
Would definitely recommend to anyone, especially those planning a backpacking holiday.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RichConway91

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Sajhome was the first stop on our 2 week trip in Kerala. Saj organised pick up from the airport, and had a delicious Keralan breakfast with fresh pineapple juice waiting for us when we arrived, a great start to the trip! The homestay is located in a central area in Fort Kochin, with easy walking distances to all the sights. The room was a good size, and was extremely clean and comfortable. Saj gave some fantastic restaurant recommendations, and we had some of the best food of our whole trip at the places he suggested. Saj was really helpful with planning the rest of our trip in Kerala and was on hand to give advice even after we had left. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Kochi!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I very much recommend Sajhome to anyone travelling in Kochi. Nicely located in the centre of Fortcochi. Saj (the owner) is very welcoming and happy to give very accurate and trustworthy advice about Kochi but he also helped us immensely with planning the rest of our trip in Kerala (again many thanks for that Saj!) It is a very clean and neat homestay. Breakfast at the nice terrace makes your day start with a smile.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends