The homestay is clean and the food is nice, albeit the portions and drinks tiny. Asking or more seemed a little embarrassing.
However, beware of the advice being offered by Saj. He told me I was too fat to take an Indian bus to Munnar. That I had to take a taxi for 2500rps and that I should have the taxi for 2 days to sightsee whilst I was there! What a joke,Im tall and a size 18 (uk) I took the bus to munnar (82rps) and fitted just fine. Also found out that a taxi can be booked for 1500rps to take you there and 1500 per day if you want a taxi in Munnar. Seeing as this was my first trip to India I am so glad I stuck to my guns and ignored his advice. Al he wanted was his cut. Really disappointing. I wouldn't book anything he suggests or helps with, as youll more than likely be paying double.
Avoid the room at the back, no light, dark and you cant open any windows or door due to mosquitoes. Actually the mosquitoes here were rampant, make sure to wear insect repellent at breakfast time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sajhome is located right at the heart of Fort Kochi. All the tourist attractions are 5-10 minutes walkable distance. You are staying with a Kerala family. So you can enjoy Kerala delicious food and provide genuine tour information, further travel assistance, Arrange taxis, flight tickets, Train tickets, Bus tickets, Cultural dances, Martial arts, Indian classical Music, Genuine Ayurvedic Massage, Accommodation in next destination, Kerala Package tour, 24 Hour overnite House boats in Alleppey or in Kumarakom, 3-7 hours Village backwaters cruise etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sajhome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sajhome Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Sajhome Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India