“FEMALE UNFRIENDLY! WORST TRIP DECISION”
Review of Luciya Hotel

Luciya Hotel
Ranked #170 of 205 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Melbourne, Australia
“FEMALE UNFRIENDLY! WORST TRIP DECISION”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed for one night and in one evening was sexually assaulted in the hotel 3 times.

I had been traveling with a Male friend and due to the 'niceness' of the hotel on the extremities we decided to treat ourselves to separate rooms on the same level only doors down. (Had been backpacking and thought it was a nice idea)

The first occasion was when my friend and I had returned from a day out, I had intended on going to my room to shower and get ready for dinner. On the first floor a staff member entered the lift as I did and proceeded to talk about cricket.. normal yes.

From here he took my hand and kissed it and continued to be inappropriate. I had told him to stop, he acted as though he didn't understand. I got off at my floor and proceeded to my room.

He followed me to my room and took my card as I entered it into the key slot.

I instructed him to leave and as the door opened he proceeded me into my room, closed the door behind me and told me no one would believe anything I would say. Things escalated and due to being well prepared he left (without too much detail) with my threat.

I told the clerk downstairs who said there was no evidence so there was nothing they could do and motioned me to a police man outside who concurred the same outcome.

Long story short the lift incident occurred once more and we left early the next morning for our tour.

Apart from all of this the food included is below average but the rooms are ok.
Close to the bus station for late night visitors but your about as safe standing outside as you are inside your own room!!!!

No where else in our entire trip did we come into any situation like this and had a brilliant time away in such an incredible country. Couldn't have been happier other than our one night at Luciya!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
14 Thank peta101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had a transit stay here during our travel from Alleppey to Bangalore. It,s very close ti KSRTC Inter-state Bus Terminus. So this is a good option for those who have to wait for long hours to catch a bus. The rooms are recently renovated and interior was great- spacious room, good furniture & fixtures, clean linens. Overally it makes a good choice for the budget travelers. You can't expect more for that price range. There is an attached restaurant which is good only for local/south Indian foods. They took very long time to serve. So restaurant is not recommended. There are better restaurant nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BijayKumarMahanta
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Located in Prime location and suitable for Transit and Single Business travelers.Best tariff with Decent amenities and Good Spread in Breakfast.Been here for three days and enjoyed good service.helpful staffs. Nice View of the city from upper floor makes you feel cool.Very Close to MG Road and City Center.Good and Fine for Budget Travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank anbuazhagan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The hotel is 24 hours with a 24 hour reception. We arrived at 03am. The porter took us up to our room, there was a pile of rubbish in the middle of the room, we pointed at it and he just looked blank, and lingered for a tip.
Hotel has been recently renovated with an extremely cheap fit out.
Breakfast was poor.
Bed was comfortable enough.
Positive was that it is directly opposite the bus stand.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank victoriajane1990
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed here for one night while traveling to Kochi on business. The rooms looked rather new and modern but already showed signs of wear and tear. I'm not sure how much longer they can keep up the appearance.

Got allocated a spacious corner room that faced the bus stand hence ended up being rather noisy. The sound insulation is quite ordinary here.

Given the proximity to the bus stand, this is not a bad place to stay for people on business. The beds were clean and the A/C functioned well. The toilet in my room was rather inconveniently laid out and towels could be a tad cleaner.

For the tariff that they charge, I would recommend this hotel for those looking to stay within a limited budget but with more than budget comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the road / bus stand
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Snapper1982
Trivandrum
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This hotel is recently renovated and hence the executive double room we recently stayed had a decent look with nice bed linen, furniture and light fixtures. However they need to change the quality of towels in bath rooms. Toiletries were available and nice. There was no hot water available in the morning! The receptionist told they had such problems in rainy seasons due to the solar panel problems on the roof. However they sent the room boy with a bucket of hot water after half an hour.

Room service was not satisfactory and the complimentary breakfast provided was of low standard.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank JGO233
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Really good hospitality & most beautiful is room interior - Wonderful !!!!!

Complimentary breakfast is good when compared with the other hotels I stayed .

Located in prime location and covered with small roadside hotels and Bar ..

Room Tip: The locality would be uncomfortable ,if you stayed during the continuous rainy time .
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business