“Super Sweet Sheeba”

Green Woods-Bethlehem
Ranked #15 of 205 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Berlin, Germany
“Super Sweet Sheeba”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

What a lovely place, what lovely people, if I could I would! We felt so very welcome from the first moment and just had such a wonderful time at Sheebas that we stayed much longer than planned. If you are lucky you might get a bite of Sheebas chicken fry.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This place is beautiful and serene but the highlight is the warm welcome from Sheeba and Ashley who are so charming you immediately feel at home. It is about a five to ten minute walk from the town centre and the walk felt very safe (we were two girls). The roof terrace is lovely and there is a flask of hot tea available in the afternoon! Our room was very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Izzy S
Exeter
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely hosts. Very helpful and very kind. Basic room, but that was exactly as we expected when booking and very clean with nice touches. Good communal roof terrace with a plentiful supply of tea and a good homemade breakfast. 10 minute walk to centre of town. Would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stemalpul
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotels put so much thought into what exact soap, bed and TV to provide guests, but so little into how they might lessen our anxieties or make us feel happy and cared for in ways that have little to do with money. I think that's what it is, that Greenwoods earned its 95% rating only because Sheeba and Ashley instinctively understand this, and have what it takes to provide travellers with far more than just a quiet, pretty, comfortable place to stay.

So the place is undoubtedly pretty and comfortable, and has spotlessly clean bathrooms. And honestly it's really not that far from the fishing nets and restaurants area (ten minutes by auto).

But here are the things that made my stay so lovely: Sheeba's warm warm welcome hug and the daily morning and evening hugs, their genuine interest and concern in helping me plan the rest of my journey, that Sheeba was always free to chat with me on my way out and when I returned, that she'd make me taste delicious things she cooked, her cute sense of humour, Ashley's gentle demeanour, the fact that they never brought up money matters on their own (Ashley refused to take a booking deposit, Sheeba tried hard to charge me less than the already-reasonable rate we'd decided), or that you never feel over-charged for anything they organise (cabs, autos), and the early breakfast that she prepared and forced me to gulp down the morning I left (like my mum would've done).
Also, the place attracts a certain type of people, and this was evident at breakfast on the terrace, when people joined tables for long, interesting conversations and gladly made dinner plans for later. Breakfast itself is substantial and delicious (because she's an excellent cook), and with unlimited tea and coffee many of us ended up spending much much longer on that lovely terrace than we planned to (8:30 am to 1:30 pm).

To sum up: if you're sad or worried about something, a stay at Greenwoods will cheer you up and you'll forget all your worries for a while. If you're already happy and sorted you'll be part of the reason why everyone else is happier. Now call Ashley and book that room already - +919846014924

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Dpka-IND
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

It's all been said really - but definitely a great place to stay in Cochin and Sheeba and Ashley are, as everyone experiences, fantastic hosts. It really is a little green oasis from which you can explore Cochin, get acclimatised to Kerala or simply relax. You could not ask for more.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in January, on our first few nights in India. Sheba and Ashley are the nicest hosts you can imagine, no request is too big. We stayed on the ground floor, and we loved it. The room was quiet and super clean and a great size. The included home cooked traditional Keralan breakfast (we paid 1100 rupees a night) was delicious and plentiful! Would definitely recommend.

Stayed January 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely tropical haven. The proprietors a a couple who have turned their fabulous home into a comfortable home stay. I had a small room which was perfectly good for me as I travelled alone though the lady of the house was apologetic and made me aware she would upgrade me as soon as possible. No need but a lovely gesture. Breakfast is served upstairs on the roof top. Delicious home made pancakes, banana fritters and eggs. It's location is excellent and set back from the street it is as quiet as Cochin can be. It has very easy access to the whole of fort Cochin and Mantancherry and all the sites. I can't recommend it enough. The owners will arrange everything for you from site seeing to your next accommodation. This is a must stay residence in Fort Cochin.

Stayed February 2014