I stayed at the Gama Heritage as a start to the Gap "Beaches & Backwaters" tour. I arrived a day early and found the hotel to be very convenient. A short walk from the beach, I felt very safe a solo female. Ate dinner at Oceanos, just around the corner and I highly recommend both the food and the service. Gama was very basic, but what do you expect from that type of lodging? My only real complaint was the thin, hard mattress I had, but that seemed to be standard in South India.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The last of the heritage trilogy is the Gama Heritage. The name itself is synonymous with its Portuguese connection that is related to Vasco De Gama. The resort takes us to a bygone era, which witnessed a huge change in the historical as well as the cultural scenario of Kerala. The architecture of Kerala also saw a significant transformation with the foreign connections coming in. This is evident from the structural designs of Bishops house of Kochi Diocese and the Indo-Portuguese museum as well and its located inside the bishop house, Fort Cochin. The location is very quiet and calm atmosphere and walkable distance to the beach (2 min), Chinese fishing net(4min). Friendly people, homely atmosphere, 24-hr service with better facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gama Heritage Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gama Heritage Residency Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Gama Heritage Residency Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India