“Good pizza and great option for lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Upstairs Italian Restaurant

Upstairs Italian Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 925 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Good pizza and great option for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went during a quiet afternoon for a couple of pizzas at lunch. Service was ok and pizzas were very good.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Southend on sea
“If you are in Cochi you must visit this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Cochi was the last leg of our 3 week honeymoon tour of kerala, we'd stayed in some of the finest hotels possible during our visit and Upstairs was bar far one of the best meals we had. In fact we returned for a second time on our last evening! We loved the local cuisine but an Italian was a welcome break. 2 very happy foodies! The ambiance was very romantic and the view overlooking Sant Cruz Basilica was perfect.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Really good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The map location is incorrect. It is right beside fusion bay, which also has an incorrect map location in trip advisor. I have uploaded a photo of the correct location.
I found this place while wandering and it was wonderful. I had the lasagna, which is a good sized portion, and the fresh grape juice, which was amazing! Paid 350R. The location is nice as you can watch the sun set behind the Basilica and the staff is friendly. I will definately go again.

1 Thank shannonb81
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Its ironical that the best meal I had in Kerela was not of the local cuisine but Italian. This was at Upstairs, a quaint cafe on the first floor of a building in the lanes of Fort Kochi. It has seating; both indoors and outdoors. The restaurant has a beautiful and jovial vibe with lively music playing in the background. It is run and managed by Thomas, who is also the chef behind the finger licking food. He is extremely fun, energetic and passionate about food/cooking.

Being a hard core foodie from New Delhi I have had several meals in fancy Italian restaurants in the Capital and thus my standards are pretty hard to please however Thomas does justice to each and every dish on the menu. The pizzas are delightful with fresh cheese and toppings. The other items on the menu are just as good. Thomas recommended a drink called Lemonana if I remember correctly, it is the best mocktail I have ever had. The Beef Lasagne and the Pancetta with home made caramel topping were out of the world. The other things we had were a few pastas and starters. I particularly remember the carbonara to be one of the best I've ever had; it is hard to do a good Carbonara but Thomas makes it perfectly. The Pesto sauce chicken pasta was just as good, bursting with flavor of fresh herbs. We also tried some vegetarian options which were equally good.

We went for lunch and enjoyed the food so much that we couldn't help but return for dinner the same evening!

As per the quality of food I feel the pricing was reasonable. After having the first bite of your food there you will know what I mean. I would list it as a must try for all travelers visiting Fort Kochi.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Awesome ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing Italian food when you have had the local cuisine for a long time and fancy some nice European food! The bruschetta is absolutely amazing and the pizzas are to die for! The best I've had in a long time... This restaurant doesn't do "deals" with the local rickshaw drivers and they are straight up and honest... I was sad they were quiet but I think it's because they are upstairs and a little more expensive than local food... Maybe 250-550rps a pizza :)
Great! I will be back!