“A Unique Experience”

Ranked #1 of 437 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
London
“A Unique Experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was my second visit to Heavenly after my first visit back in 2012. My stay lasted for three nights.

I was keen to see if Patrick and Mary would be able to maintain their high standards of hospitality and accommodation.

I needn't have worried - not only has the high level of service been continued, but the facilities have been both upgraded and improved. On arrival at Heavenly, I had to do a double take, as I didn't recognise the building!

A significant re-furbishment programme has taken place. The original house has been extended and two further bedrooms have been added. Heavenly now boasts four fully equipped air-conditioned rooms, with all mod-cons finished to a very high standard, providing excellent value for money.

The hosts have maintained the ability to provide a very personal service and cater for the every need of their guests. You also receive added value by staying here. For example, through his connections, Patrick took me to a superb sailing club, where I was able to canoe on the magnificent backwaters of Kerala - an amazing experience. We then went on to a local village Toddy shop where we ate a fabulous meal of beef curry and fish small - fry. Rick Stein would have been impressed with the taste and flavour! Without Patrick, I would not have had this unique experience.

It goes without saying that the quality Of the catering, hygiene and attention to detail is second to non.

I have no hesitation in recommending Heavenly and look forward to my next visit. I wish Patrick and Mary every success for the future - success which their hard work and generosity deserve.

Room Tip: All rooms are great - no need to worry!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Heavenly_Uncle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We spend two weeks at this homestay and really enjoyed our stay there. This was the cleanest accommodation of the entire trip, and the breakfast (usually a typical Kerala dish, fruits, omelette, fresh juice, toast, etc.) was a gourmet feast every morning. Our hosts were very hospitable and attentive and helped us whenever we needed advice on day trips, on restaurants, or on practical things. Moreover, in return, they asked us for suggestions on how to make the accommodation and their service better. I can recommend Heavenly Homestay with any reservations!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Muenster, Germany
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We spend two wonderful nights in this very nice homestay in a calm but central area of Fort Cochin. The bed and bathroom were spacious, clean and the bed was equipped with a very good mattress. Patrick and Mary are very friendly hosts and always helpful with tips for the city and the area. The breakfast is just awesome with plenty of omelets, pancakes and delicious fresh pineapple juice. On out first night Patrick and Mary invited friends and family to celebrate the opening of two new rooms, we were also invited to the rooftop terrace to enjoy some nice Keralan meal. Also make sure to visit Fusion Bay in Fort Cochin, it was the best dinner we had in India.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharjah
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We selected this homestay based on tripadvisor reviews and weren't disappointed. Patrick and Mary went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The rooms are all spotlessly clean and the beds are comfortable. We had a kettle and tea bags, coffee, etc. in our room. AC worked perfectly as well. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and plentiful. It was definitely the best breakfast we enjoyed during our stay in kerala. We were very touched when they offered to let our kids sleep in their room since we were arriving early in the morning and their rooms werent vacant. Thanks Patrick and Mary for a lovely stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Patrick and Mary are amazing. They have fashioned this home stay with such attention to detail and comfort that it's easy to settle in and enjoy. Breakfasts are very good every morning thanks to Mary's lead. Patrick is ready with restaurant suggestions, Kathakali reservations, and any other tourist info that you might need. Their daughters, Jenny and Jeffy are icing on the cake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ducttapeduo
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had a one day pit stop at Kochi before returning to Bangalore from Munnar. Having read so many good reviews on the net, we thought of giving Heavenly homestay a try, and it did not disappoint at all. Whether it was the immaculate details with which everything has been laid out in the house, or the excellent upkeep of the room, or the hospitality shown by Patrick and Mary, everything deserves a praise. Not to mention the excellent Pineapple + ginger juice served to us and our vegetarian breakfast. All in all a truly wonderful experience and a place I will recommend to the people whom I know are planning a trip to Kochi.

Room Tip: The entire house is good. Feel happy with whatever you get.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Puneetarora71
München, Deutschland
Reviewed 1 April 2014

For my last few travel days in India, I wanted to have a real homestay experience in Fort Cochin.
Having also stayed in bigger hotels throughout the country, this homestay has been much more rewarding. Patrick and his family treated my like a family member. They invited me to a wonderful dinner at their daughter Jeffy’s 12th birthday. On another evening, Jeffy played for me on a nice classical Indian instrument called Veena. Their daughter Jeny showed me her professionally artistic drawings. Patrick drove me in his car to an Ayurvedic clinic, and to a great restaurant called Pepper House.
Any sightseeing trips, Ayurvedic treatments or Kathakali show tickets can be booked through him. His wife Mary prepares a delicious Kerala style breakfast with fresh fruit juices like Pineapple/Ginger or Watermelon. They highly value hospitality and have a lot of experience with tourists.

Heavenly homestay is in a safe and quiet residential area in Fort Cochin, within walking distance to many sightseeing places and cosy restaurants. The rooms are newly built with all modern amenities (A/C, free wifi, bottled water, tea/coffee, private balcony, mosquito-screen windows and doors) and immaculately clean.

I am looking forward to another “heavenly homestay” on my next Kerala travel and highly recommend staying with this friendly and caring family. All my best wishes to Mary, Jeny, Jeffy and Patrick!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cristinelisa
HeavenlyHomestay, Owner at Heavenly Home Stay, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you very much for your beautiful wording about us in the site and we all are waiting for your next visit to my lovely homestay