I stayed here in February 2014 with my fiancée and we had the most relaxing experience. The staff was so hospitable and welcoming we felt right at home from the beginning. The food was so fresh and delicious, we ate every meal we could there! We had the best room there the Cochin room with the view (balcony) of the pool and outdoor seating of the restaurant.
This hotel is perfectly situated if you enjoy investigating the sites and sounds! Many attractions (Dutch Palace, Chinese Fishing nets, the beach etc) are near by and are a safe walking or Tok-tok (taxi) distance away. It was the only place in India that we felt completely comfortable walking around (without being bothered or run over by cars!). There are lots of things to see! We also took advantage of the Ayruveda massage place close by to the hotel. I don't remember the name of it, but the hotel had recommended it and it was a great recommendation!
This place is perfect for couples, family, alone... basically anyone. All your needs are met. Weloved our room! It was so beautiful and upscale. We had WiFi, a flat screen TV, AC and just the decor of the room was perfect.
We learned that some expat engineers working on projects in Cochin had organized with their work to stay at the Tea Bungalow instead of the more commonly used hotels (impersonal, large). We can tell you those Italian expats had it right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dempo Resorts and the historic Tea BungalowThe guiding force behind Tea Bungalow is Mr.Vivek Dempo founder of Dempo Resorts. The Dempo Family is one of the oldest families of Goa, who controlled the coconut trade from the 16th to the 19th Century. They also owned large cargo sailing ships which sailed from Goa to the African Ports of Portuguese colonies like Mozambique and Angola in the Indian Ocean.The restoration and decoration of Tea Bungalow has been a labour of love for Mr. Dempo. He has crafted an escape from the humdrum, noisy, soul-killing rush of everyday life. Tea Bungalow offers a tranquil place to step away for a while, to centre your thoughts and get the balance you need.Tea Bungalow occupies pride of place in the heart of the exclusive heritage area of Fort Cochin. Cochin (Kochi) is made up of three districts: Ernakulam, Wellington Island and Fort Cochin. The bungalow was built in 1912 and run as a workshop and office of a UK Company called United Carpets engaged in the manufacture and export of coir and spices. Brooke Bond the tea company bought the bungalow in 1956 and christened it Brooke Bond Bungalow which housed the top management of Brooke Bond & Company. Dignitaries used this bungalow for important meetings. Its history of spice and tea brought about its new avatar - Tea Bungalow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tea Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tea Bungalow Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Tea Bungalow Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India