All reviews fort cochin boutique hotel pool area is small hotel colonial building no alcohol first floor room was large lovely room chinese fishing nets main building hot water india poolside heritage mattancherry
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Pros

Lovely little colonial building with a lovely outside courtyard and pool. The staff are very, very helpful & attentive & the (limited) food choices are absolutely great. We could not fault the quality of the food - it's fantastic. The biryani is a must.

Cons

The wifi doesn't reach the bedrooms - odd! And the breakfast choice is extremely limited.

I've given this 5 stars despite the cons because it really is a lovely, sympathetically maintained building. We were upgraded upon arrival because we needed a bed for our 16 year old in our room, so were given the 'suite'. The shower is HUGE!

I would definitely recommend for simple, well appointed, clean & authentic accommodation, friendly staff and great food.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks in September and had an amazing time. The cleanliness of this property was 1st class and always a delight when I returned from my outings. The staff were very attentive, friendly and accommodating to my needs. I met the owner "Vivex" on my last day and he went the extra mile to get his chef to cook me up a feast of a seafood platter, which was delicious. I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all the staff who made my first time in India a memorable and comfortable stay at the "Tea Bungalow" I will return in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Angela C
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Small but beautiful place... more options needed for breakfast. The staff went out of their way to take care of my little one and my family. Amongst everything else the staff was the best part hands down!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank piyush17
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Fantastic people - gorgeous building. I went at at a time when it was raining - absolute pleasure to sit around and do nothing. Ofcourse - in Kochi , doing nothing ought to be fairly high on the agenda. :)

Slightly low on the frills - more home stay less hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mathew C
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the Tea Bungalow at about 9am straight after a long flight. To our amazement and delight we were shown to our beautiful rooms within about ten minutes. We were lucky to be upgraded to two huge rooms upstairs. Real colonial grandeur and spotlessly clean. The garden and pool were a delight. Good to be able to relax here and recoup after long journey. Very walkable journey into the town. The staff were excellent, so attentive and helpful. Breakfast and evening meal was good too. Great place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family