During our recent 23 day tour with my group of 14 (www.letsdoindia.com), we choose to stay in Fort Cochin and upon researching, decided on The Tea Bungalow! Simply put, we will be back. This is a beautifully appointed, restored colonial building with gardens and a small pool. It is very tastefully appointed and no detail has been spared in the rooms to ensure our comfort - including complementary WIFI, huge bathrooms and luxurious showers with plenty of hot water, LCD satellite T.V.s, complementary Tea and Cofffee and Bottled Water, and very comfy beds! Our whole group at the end of our tour (18 days in the South and 5 in the North of India), rated The Tea Bungalow to be in the top 3 and everyone wished we had spent more time there.
The factors in addition to the ammenities which made our stay incredible were for one, a very friendly, helpful and efficient staff. The service was excellent, including a special menu we asked for our group for dinner on our first night there - it was arranged, prepared for and served with style and elegance on very short notice from us! Now that's service. Second, the location is quiet and yet, you can walk to the beach and shopping areas within 15 minutes. They also had tickets on site for the incredible Kathak Dance performance at the new air conditioned theatre which was a 10 minute walk from the Bungalow.
I will definately be booking The Tea Bungalow for all my future groups and for a longer stay as there is so much to do in Fort Cochin. As travelling anywhere, and perhaps even more so in India, can be wearing on the body and mind, we fwere delighted with the warm and friendly welcome upon our arrival at the Tea Bungalow and would recommend that you do not miss staying at this little gem to ensure that your experience of Fort Cochin is as wonderful as ours was!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dempo Resorts and the historic Tea BungalowThe guiding force behind Tea Bungalow is Mr.Vivek Dempo founder of Dempo Resorts. The Dempo Family is one of the oldest families of Goa, who controlled the coconut trade from the 16th to the 19th Century. They also owned large cargo sailing ships which sailed from Goa to the African Ports of Portuguese colonies like Mozambique and Angola in the Indian Ocean.The restoration and decoration of Tea Bungalow has been a labour of love for Mr. Dempo. He has crafted an escape from the humdrum, noisy, soul-killing rush of everyday life. Tea Bungalow offers a tranquil place to step away for a while, to centre your thoughts and get the balance you need.Tea Bungalow occupies pride of place in the heart of the exclusive heritage area of Fort Cochin. Cochin (Kochi) is made up of three districts: Ernakulam, Wellington Island and Fort Cochin. The bungalow was built in 1912 and run as a workshop and office of a UK Company called United Carpets engaged in the manufacture and export of coir and spices. Brooke Bond the tea company bought the bungalow in 1956 and christened it Brooke Bond Bungalow which housed the top management of Brooke Bond & Company. Dignitaries used this bungalow for important meetings. Its history of spice and tea brought about its new avatar - Tea Bungalow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tea Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tea Bungalow Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Tea Bungalow Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India