All reviewsneemrana hotelsthe chinese fishing netsneemrana groupold world charmthe vasco da gamaantique furniturecommon areasswimming poollocation is fantasticheritage propertythe entire propertyhuge roomfort cochintiger prawnswalking distancemanager mrthe ground floor
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I stumbled upon this hotel by pure chance, since my rikshaw driver could not find the budget homestay I booked and at 2AM this was the only open place... I was surprised that the room only cost 4000 rupee a night, about half of similar places as the neighboring Old Harbour.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the rooms, the amazing lounge on the first floor... This place is a museum, not a hotel! Every room is different, furnished with unique antiques in exceptional taste. Bathroom was huge, excellent and deliciosly fragrant sopas, shampoos, conditioners etc were provided. Wifi access was free. The pool is a big plus in the somewhat sultry climate of Kochi...

Only drawback is that the restaurant does not have a licence to serve alcohol. I dined most evenings at the Old Harbour Hotel which is right next door. The breakfast served at the Towerhouse (inclusive) was excellent, though. The hotel is at the best possible location in Kochi, right across the chinese fisher nets.

Some complain about the service. I did not have a problem, the hotel might be a little understaffed, I actually appreciated the very relaxed atmosphere and the unobstrusive atmosphere... Higly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank belsha
Reviewed 12 March 2011

This hotel has probably the best position in Fort Cochin- closest to the famous Chinese Fishing Nets. It is also in the most amazing old (17th C) building that has been beautifully furnished and maintained- stunning. It has gives true value for money- if you want to pay more and get a top floor room you can , but the ground floor are great too- just as charming. A beautiful hotel with great staff in an incredible location and free WIFI! One of the nicest pools we've seen in the area as well.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank indobb
Reviewed 9 February 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and it really is excellent. It is beautifully furnished with colonial furniture and the bedrooms are truly unique. The swimming pool (which I think is a new addition) is great for spending an afternoon by. If you are going to Fort Cochin you should stay here.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2011

The Tower House is a beautiful old house full of interesting furniture. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. Location-wise it's great...right on the waterfront, over the road from the Chinese fishing nets. I worried that it might be noisy at night but not so. A good swimming pool and breakfast is served in the garden...lovely outlook but you have to keep an eye on the birds and the resident cat!

My only complaint - and it's a big one - is that my room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. There were curtains all the way round the room and they had absorbed the smell as had the bedclothes and pillows. The management had provided an ashtray and matches in the room so obviously encouraged this. I tried to explain this to one of the front desk staff when I was leaving but he didn't seem to understand that this wasn't a good thing. A big mistake for a hotel that is aiming for an international market.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Spent 3 nights at the Tower Hotel with our daughters in their early 20's. We felt welcome at once, enjoyed the beautiful rooms, setting, pool, etc. We had 3 rooms upstairs - they were all comfortable, large and nicely decorated. The staff was very polite and helpful when assistance was needed in finding taxis, etc. All in all a very relaxing oasis in Fort Cochin. Once outside the hotel, you will find the usual Indian lifestyle with intermistic restaurants, outdoor fires, noise, etc.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family