All reviews neemrana hotels the chinese fishing nets neemrana group old world charm the vasco da gama antique furniture common areas swimming pool location is fantastic heritage property the entire property huge room fort cochin tiger prawns walking distance the ground floor manager mr
Reviewed 18 June 2011

- Great location - very close to the sea front and the Chinese fishing nets
- Good sized room. Very effective air conditioning and fan - which is important as it does feel humid by the coast
- Most key facilities you would expect in the room, including a bath, although the safe was in reception and there was no TV or fridge. Room even came with its own geko to eat the mosquitoes.
- Only had breakfast at the hotel which was ok by local standards, but nothing special
- Staff service was average
- Swimming pool and sun deck were fine, although all the crows in the area were annoying (for context crows are everywhere in this part of Kochi)
- Although it is expensive by local standards, dinner at the neighbouring Harbour Inn was very nice.
- Overall this hotel was absolutely fine.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The Tower House is right next to the Chinese Fishing nets and other hotels and all the main sights in Fort Kochi are within walking distance. The location is great facing the sea and if you get one of the upstairs rooms with sea view the pleasant sea breeze is cooling and pleasant. We had the Mossel room which had a large double bed and ample space. The house has a musty smell to it as its all wooden and there is less ventilation if the windows are closed but the old feel to it is very quaint. The pool was just great!
The staff was very courteous and helpful and the breakfast was quite filling with fruits, juice, criossants, bread and eggs , we had idlis as well on the first day with coffee or tea as requested.
I would recommend this hotel as I did shop around some of the others around the same area and for low season they still had much higher rates and I found the Tower House very reasonable. It is definitely good value. They have a restaurant too but we didn't try it. The free wifi was a plus.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank habari12
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Nice, decent hotel. Staff was very friendly, and rooms were clean and well maintained. I stayed in the Moens room right near the street. Room had plenty of windows, a bit too many - so make sure the curtains are closed at night! I stayed here at the beginning of my Kerala trip and later at the end, and I appreciated it more the second time around for sure! Only complaint would be the mosquito infestation in the rooms at night. Yes, they may put an oil thing on, but that is not enough depending on the season. Other hotels I traveled to would smoke the mosquitoes out, and I asked them to do the same, and they made sure it was done. The breakfast they serve is okay, however they provide standard western fare, so don't go expecting a full South Indian breakfast. Overall, I was pleased with the experience!

Room Tip: Sea view room was nice, but noisy in the AM.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank roseyb56
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The tower house is an excellent place to explore Fort Kochi.
The hotel itself is very grand and wonderfully decorated. Very stylish.
The rooms are large and airy.
We asked for a seaview room in advance and whilst we didn't quite get that (you can't see the sea and the busy square and road is right outside your room), we did get a room with plenty of light and a luxurious feel.
The pool is fantastic and very well looked after. Perfect for lazy afternoon, although I'd worry in tourist season since there aren't many deckchairs.
The only drawback to this hotel is the food and drink.
Breakfast IS very good- proper coffee, omelettes, Dhosa, fresh fruit and juice etc. However, we had read disappointed reviews on here before we went and we decided to just go straight for it and ate on our first night. We were off-season, but there was no atmosphere at all. As written here previously, there is no alcohol. The main disappointment was the flavour and quality of the curry. My wife's Kochi fish curry was awful... flavourless (that is tricky for a curry!) and mine wasn't much better. It's such a shame and a waste, we didn't eat there again during the week we stayed, but there is a wealth of great food in the area for all budgets (the cheapest is often the best!)
The first floor lounge is so grossly underused it's such a shame- we would have loved to have had drinks there before an evening meal.
Having said all that, it was the perfect place for us in Kochi.
It offers elements of the other luxury Neemrana hotels, but for a fraction of the price.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I have spent a whole week at the Tower House in May 2011 and have stayed in three different rooms. They were all lovely and I would have loved to try even more as they are all different. This place definitely doesn't feel like a hotel. It's a beautiful colonial house, with high ceilings and very spacious. It has been restored and decorated in a very elegant and tasteful style. The furniture has been carefully picked and it is not hotel style. There is small but lovely garden with a good sized pool which is a blessing when you happen to be there in the hottest month like me! The service is sometimes a bit distracted but always light, unintrusive and very sweet. Everyne was lovely and helpful. There were definitely few clients around when I was there so I'm not sure how it would be with a full house but I was very happy. Although the room were perfectly clean, there is room for improvement with cleanliness in the restaurant/breakfast area where table cloths and sets were kept for too long with stains and food debris. I do totally agree with the eco-approach to limit laundry (they will not change your sheets everyday unless you specifically ask, which I think is absolutely normal), there should be a bit more effort on the tables setting. Also, definitely room for improvement with the food which was very basic. The location is great, just on the Vasco da Gama square in front of the Chinese fishnets and you can actually walk pretty much anywhere in Fort Kochi. Alternatively, there are always plenty of autorickshaws just outside. I would definitely go back there, and having gone for drinks or just to have a look at the more expensive hotels in Fort Kochi, I think this is still the one I prefer for its style. And has made want to go try the other places of the Neemrana group.

• Stayed: May 2011