“A great home away from home”
Review of Casa Mia Homestay

Casa Mia Homestay
Ranked #21 of 446 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Me and 2 friends stayed with this family our first 2 nights in India. We felt very welcome! Usha was amazing and helped us so much. She helped plan our onwards trip and she really wanted the best for us! The rooms are big, beds very comfortable and she makes delicious tea. A great place to stay!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank paperflower
There are newer reviews for Casa Mia Homestay

Reviewed 21 April 2014

After a 15 hour train journey from Margao in South Goa, I was feeling somewhat exhausted when I arrived at Casa Mia.

However I was soon re-energised by the very welcoming Usha and her family. I was immediately relaxing with a cool drink and shown to my room. The room itself was modern, bright and very clean, which reflects the rest of the house.

Staying at Casa Mia is to be highly recommended. With its' opulent marble floors, tasteful decor and fabulous hosts, their is nothing more that any visitor could wish for.

The family go out of their way to ensure that your every needs are met. Usha even arranged it so that I could watch a very important football match at my own convenience!

At this time of very special Easter celebrations, I was invited to join the family (and their friends), for lunch and Dinner. This turned out to be a real feast of Usha's excellent Chicken Byriani. The banter around the table was hilarious and I felt very relaxed and comfortable.

For breakfast, Usher provided egg curry with rice noodles, Dahl and chapatti, fruit, water and the most amazing chai I have ever tasted! The chai was so good, I asked Usha to show me how she made it. Despite being a secret family recipe, she did - this was worth the visit alone!

Usha also (at my request) arranged for me to visit particular shops in Cochin and even offered to accompany me. Anthony was also a very congenial host, introducing me to his friends and offering interesting insights into Cochin.

Usha and Anthony take great care and pride in their home and they should be very proud of the services and level of accommodation they provide. Their standards of hygiene are very high.

Casa Mia came highly recommended to me and I have no hesitation to advise fellow travellers to spend time at this wonderful homestay.

Room Tip: All rooms are of the same high standard. However, there is a room with a private balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Heavenly_Uncle
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Usha, Anthony and the children really are such lovely people I specifically returned to Kochi to see them before my departure.

Great stay which was comfortable and clean, food was delightful, plus tea and coffee frequently offered.

Anthony helped me find my way around Fort Kochi as upon arrival I needed to sort my phone and other things, and usha was like my indian sister...Much love to them....I´ll be back again!!

Room Tip: Hear plugs is recommended only due to the local stray dogs :-) With these your stay is perfect. Loc...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kazzacandoo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here with a friend on arrival in Kerala. Warm and genuine welcome by Usha and her family. Clean and basic room ensuite with optional a/c at no extra cost. Spacious communal areas to hang out, and roof terrace to hang up your washing. But the best bit was Usha. She was so helpful and willing with a beautiful smile. Thank-you Usha x

Room Tip: The front room onto the street has a balcony but may be more noisy than the ones at the back.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here as it was our first day in Kerala, I was lucky to arrive in Casa Mia Homestay. A very warm welcome from Usha followed by welcoming tea and shown to our room. Rooms were very clean and this home stay is very convenient to the local village… Usha and her husband made us very welcome and very kindly helped us to plan our journey around Kerala.. Usha booked taxi and offered a few helpful tips followed by keeping in touch via email which made us feel at ease and safe travelling around… Excellent home stay and a very kind and genuine family… Looking forward in hopefully a return visit.. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

As it was my first day in India, I feel lucky to have happened upon Casa Mia. Usha put me at my ease immediately as I was travelling on my own the first day and she had chatted to me online the week before to help me find the house in Fort Cochin. Rooms were very clean and the outside balcony a lovely place to sit in the evening. Nothing was too much trouble for Usha who arranged a massage for me at the nearby Ayurvedic centre, had some Ayurvedic massage oil made up for me to take away, offered to arrange trips and even made me a Birthday meal one night including a cake that the whole family shared with me! A lovely introduction to India!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Seniorbird
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a good budget choice for Cochin in a central location. Room s are basic but clean and on arrival we were greeted with a cup of tea and a warm smile. The family that run the guesthouse are very helpful and accommodating and helped us with our plans. Overall a good choice for people on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple