“Excellent stay with great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reds Residency Homestay

Reds Residency Homestay
Ranked #39 of 424 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
DC
“Excellent stay with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Wished I could have stayed longer here and in Fort Cochi. The room had a very high standard, including high end bathroom fixtures, very functional a/c, and consistent wifi. The breakfast was ample and the fare changed a bit daily, with different fruit and juices. Mary Ann provided a very complete orientation to the area when I checked-in and helped with reservations for a cultural show and an easly morning taxi for the train. The location is a couple km from the center of Fort Cochi, but it's a comfortable walk during mild parts of the day and a reasonable auto-rickshaw ride at other times.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Perfect start to my stay in India. Philip and Mary Ann are great hosts and a wealth of information to help you make the most of your time in Kerala. They recommended to me great places to stay in Munnar and Marari Beach and gave me plenty of invaluable advice for travelling around Kerala by motorcycle.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jonespe
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a good located, but quiet place with "hotel-like", clean and spacious rooms, with a friendly, welcoming and helpfull family, don't look any further! Red's Residency is definitely one of the nicest places we stayed at during our 1.5 month travelling in India.
Our host Maryann booked a Houseboat in Alleppey for us, which we can highly recommend to everyone.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
jerusalem
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here two nights and when I came back to Kochi after a trip away I chose to stay somewhere else.
I found Maryann and Philip rather cold and distant from the moment I arrived. As a solo traveller that really influenced me. To be fair, on the morning I was left Maryann was friendly and chatty.
The place is impeccably clean and orderly, with everything you need and a TV, which I don't need. I could choose between 2 rooms, which are a bit souless in ambience. The one I chose had an unremarkable view to the street,but not the brick wall view. It's a main road, and quite noisy. There's no garden or pleasant place to relax outside. There's a narrow balcony on the front to the street which isn't very inviting. There's no hot water in the shower, but that's endemic in Kerala, and you get used to it.
I am glad others were very happy here, because they do put a lot of work and care into it. It just didn't suit me.

Room Tip: There's a room on the top floor which might be more fun to use, with a sort of courtyard entranc...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I don't know what to say !!!

I am really very happy and I appreciate the warm welcomings I met at Red Residency Homestay even before Chicking in.

I arrived to Kochin yesterday by Air coming from Delhi, then I took Volvo Bus from Kochin Airport towards Cochin Town, of course I don't know where shall I drop down to reach to the homestay so I gave the bus driver the telephone number of the hotel, he called then asked me not to worry, he shall tell me about the correct point. After getting down I took Autoreksha who dropped me at the hotel.

Marry met me with a very warm welcomings, she said that no need to do any formalities now to check in, we can do it tomorrow morning. As I was so hungry I asked her for help, she called Autoreksha and asked him to drop me to a near by Restaurant. It was a very nice sea food restaurant and I enjoyed Kerala style Fish soup, Fish stew and Kerala Rice.

After coming back to the hotel I handed over my reservation voucher and passport to Philip who signed me into the hotel then I sat down with Mary who listened to my program visit to Cochin then she gave me a map for Cochin and explained to me and marked up the points which I mentioned in my program.

The room itself is very clean and every thing is available, the most important thing for me is the Wi-FiI connection, Mary gave me the password even before I ask for it and now I am writing this preview.

It worth to be mentioned that mosquitos do not exist but a mosquito net prevention is available over the bed

Thanks to Philip and Mary and Aunti

I highly recommend this homestay to any one visiting Cochin

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Maryann was extremely helpful during our stay with a number of questions we had about Kerela. She was also very helpful when sorting out a specific problem we had at the time and spent time with us to help as much as she could to get it sorted.

She was also very accommodating for when we needed to come in a little late and leave quite early in the morning. The rooms were better than some hotels we have stayed in, extremely clean and nice cold showers after a day in the heat. We also paid a little extra for breakfast which was delicious. Overall a great and reliable homestay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Best stay i've ever had. Marry Ann is very accomodating when it is necessary to leave or arrive in the middle of night ! Ambience is worth the value. Totally incredible. .Marry ann will certainly make you feel at home . This is what we call HOMESTAY . Thanks a bunch <3

• Stayed September 2013