“Comfortable and well run”

The Killians Boutique Hotel
Ranked #59 of 210 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Southwest England
“Comfortable and well run”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We'd already booked at a nearby hotel. But it turned out the manager was bossy and the tiny box room and lobby charmless. After two weeks of cycling in Kerela, we'd hoped for better. We walked a few blocks to Killians which by luck had a vacancy even though it was Boxing Day. The large room was lovely with a four-poster bed, an attractive seating area and a fantastic shower room. The location right next to the Chinese Fishing Nets and boat jetty was ideal; my husband really enjoyed the pool. And all this for £9 more than the other place. We checked out at 6 am and the desk clerk presented me with two packed breakfasts, which sustained us on the long drive to the airport. Can't say enough good things!

Room Tip: Room 201 was large and quiet.
Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Uplyme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had stayed at Fort Beach Service Apartment during my stay at Fort Kochi which is right next to The Killians Boutique Hotel. I did come to The Killians with my friends for dinner . The owner of Fort Beach Service Apartment Mr. Sandeep Johnson was the one who introduced us to The Killians and the food served to us was simply delicious. The price was reasonable as well.

Good customer service too. Everyone working at The Killians was very polite even though we had come in during closing hours.

Keep up the good work The Killians !

Room Tip: Me and my friends did not stay at The Killians. We stayed at The Fort Beach Service Apartment which...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This review is for the restaurant attached to the hotel because I could not find a separate entry for the restaurant itself. I went in the restaurant during lunch time and there were only 2 tables even though the restaurant has a really good location along the waterfront near the ferry jetty to Vypen. Usually that is not a good sign but I gave it a try anyway.

I ordered Malabar Prawns with plain rice. Although there is a warning on the menu that food may take up to 40 minutes to prepare, my dish didn't take that long to arrive. 20 minutes max. However, I was very disappointed at the quality. The shrimps are tiny--they're the size of my thumb, which is to say that they're miniscule. I've never seen shrimps so small being served at a restaurant. Not only they're small, they are not very fresh. There's no texture--I can feel the mushiness. They seem to be frozen shrimps that just got thawed minutes earlier. They don't have that briny flavor of fresh seafood. This is ironic because we're in Kerala--the land known for fish and seafood. The curry gravy is completely sub par. A little watery, bland, and lack of flavor. The rice is OK. Service is OK. For this extremely below average meal, the total costs 400 rupees. Way overpriced!

I realized that this may not reflect the total quality of the restaurant because after all I tried only 1 dish. But such is the nature of the restaurant business. Most customers will order one or two dishes and that's your chance to create a favorable impression. If the dishes are not good, there goes the reputation of the restaurant. Customers may not want to come back and give you a second chance.

There are plenty of choices further away from the water where the price is lower and the quality is higher.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Croydon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

“Ideal holiday destination for love, peace and tranquility”
We had a wonderful stay at The Killians Boutique Hotel, Fort Kochi, Kerala. It’s a perfect place for people looking for a peaceful environment surrounded by beautiful Backwaters and Chinese fishing nets.

Hotel is located at the boat jetty, nice scenes,makes you feel in different world altogether.

You just can sit and cherish beautiful view; it is an ideal place for couples & families.

Rooms are clean and tidy, whole management was very friendly.
swimming in most beautiful pool (as per my experience till now),

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
bangalore
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We did not stay at this hotel, but had 2 meals at the restaurant. The clean, airy, uncluttered atmosphere make it a very pleasant place to dine in. The food is good and decently priced. We tried some sea-food and Malabar chicken with Kerala Porotta. The shrimps in the papaya-prawn salad seemed to come straight from the freezer. The Malabar chicken was very good and so were the parathas. There are beef items on the menu, but they don't serve them for some reason. This place is popular - you'll always find some people eating and drinking beer. One of the few restaurants in Fort Kochi that serves beer.

It's not air-conditioned, so lunch during summer can be uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bergheim
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were on our holidays to India and first time in our life we landed in KERALA.
Our first place of visit was Fort Cochin, a historic place duly noted by UNESCO
as a Heritage centre. Fort Cochin is such an interesting place that we had the
feeling that we were in some old Dutch town. Fortunately we selected the hotel,
Hotel killians, situated in the midlle of the town, from where we could visit all the
places of interest by walking. The <chinese nets, Vasco Da Gama church, Jewish
Synagogue, Santaa Cruz Basalica etc. etc. - all historical places within walkable
distance. We had a nice tiem in the hotel as it is having an open seafood restaurant,
a swimming pool and the rooms quite large with all amenities and good services.
Our 2 days stay in the hotel with easy access to all the interesting places - we got
the best for the money we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank prapet
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel upon recommendation from some friends when I was visiting Kerala and really enjoyed myself. It was very relaxing and comfortable..staff and management were very welcoming...the hotel is located in beautiful fort kochi so there is plenty to see and do around you..the food at the hotel is pretty good as well...overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to relax and unwind.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo