“Beautiful property, great team”
Review of Tissa's Inn

Tissa's Inn
Ranked #12 of 219 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A beautiful property with a lot of history situated close to everything in Fort Cochin. A short walk and one of the regular ferries takes you to Ernakulam on the mainland. Auto rick-shaws are abundant in the area.

Great friendly team. Welcoming, kind and helpful.

My room was upgraded from the standard and was a delight to stay in, clean and very comfortable, with impressive design.

A pool was available but I didn't use it.

For me breakfast was great. I heard others comment that the western choice of food was limited but I'm certain that had this been fed back then the hotel would have offered whatever was missing.

Would I return? Can't wait to!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rob-London07

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Excellent small hotel in Cochin, with a very warm ( in April) roof top pool. Excellent breakfast. Very helpful staff, organised a packed breakfast for my 23 year old daughter for her early morning flight home

Room Tip: Double room brilliant with a great shower/ bath
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bhfgjrfjrdjrf
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We chose this hotel as we wanted somewhere quiet and comfortable and we were not disappointed. The rooms were immaculate and spotlessly clean.
The staff were fantastic and could not do enough for us. In particular the staff in the restaurant. Chef went out of his way to provide local cuisine for us on the evenings we dined at the hotel always freshly prepared to our individual tastes.
We particularly enjoyed being able to use the rooftop pool in the afternoons when it became extremely hot. Clean towels were always available.
Once we got our bearings everything we needed was a short walk away (bars, tourist attractions, chinese fishing nets) and we felt very safe walking around town.
We stayed 11 nights in total and had a thoroughly enjoyable and restful stay.
Thank you all for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter but are unable to access the wifi signal. Very happy in room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank plankonastick
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. It's quite pricey as drivers were astounding at how much we were paying per night and thought we were loaded, we only chose it because it had a pool and as we stayed at Saj Homestay (next door – which was two thirds less in price), we thought it would be a treat.

So it does have a pool, which is nice and clean to dip in especially in the middle of the day but it only has 5 sunloungers! The breakfast dosa's are ok, breakfasts at Saj Homestay were the best I had in India! Tissa's recommendations were either government shops or partners. And they lost my underwear in the laundry wash! I had them post it back to the UK, so it's fine, but very odd.

If you want great food, a knowledgeable and attentive owner with good rooms, go next door to Saj. But if you want a pool and that generic hotel treatment, then Tissa is fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I selected this hotel as a base for when I arrived in India and also at the end of my trip. In both instances I was very happy with my decision. In particular the warm welcome, the beautifully appointed rooms and the convenient location for exploring Fort Kochi. I would like to make special mention to two staff members, Christina and Manoj who were very welcoming, helpful and polite. Thanks for helping to make my trip to South India unforgettable!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed three nights at Tissa's inn. I wanted to spend quiet and relaxed. I was right about that. Always keeps very very clean and nice helpful staffs. The room is well decorated, good taste and comfortable in room. Delicious breakfast at the restaurant, good location for walk around in fort kochi. Bus stop to the airport is front of the hotel. Value for money, I recommend here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Favourite hotel in India so far, we had a lovely relaxing stay, the staff are really attentive and genuinely friendly. Everyone we met seemed to be really enjoying it too.

Gorgeous property with fantastic attention to detail.

One tip: There will be drivers outside wanting to take you on a cheap tour of Kochin, they will bring you to interesting places, but these drivers also get commission to take you to shops.

We went to maybe 4 places of interest, and it was lovely, and the driver Shibu, had great english and told us lots of stuff. However he also took us to 4 shops, and we would have nearly preferred to pay him what we earned them in commission, to NOT be dragged into shops.

Room Tip: We had a room downstairs beside reception, a bit too close for my liking, but it did not affect the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple