“Nice homestay”

Ranked #26 of 437 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Sittard
“Nice homestay”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had a room right at the hall of the guesthouse, so there was some noise now and then.

The owner is very friendly and helpful, and the room was very clean ! The price for the room I had was a bit high.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Yens_NL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We are very pleased that we stayed in Honolulu Homestay. Mr Aboo and his family were very friendly, helpful and flexible (not pushy!) as it was our first time in the city. Breakfast was very tasty, and we even had a chance to try once a special Keralan breakfast as well. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carlitoo84
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was a great trip, and Aboo and Taris were friendly and very helpful with everything our group asked, including arranging late night taxi pickup, to helping organize activities, bike and scooter rentals, getting food, entertainment, and advice about where to visit outside of Kochin. Breakfast was great. Honolulu gets a big thumbs-up from me and our group. Recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I can not recommend Honolulu Home Stay enough. Everything has been excellent. I have been traveling for 8 months now, and Honolulu is the best place I have stayed. The host, Aboo, his wife and son are doing everything, within power, to make your stay nice. I have been here for 10 days and will probably stay another week. Another guest had problems with the a/c, but Aboo fixed it right away. Honolulu is very clean and nice. The water is hot, the a/c is cold, they have backup generator for when there is a citywide power cut. I have only positive things to say. The breakfast is good and unlike many places they vary it. From traditional local breakfast to western omelettes. When I first arrived, Aboo gave me a map and pointed out everything I could do in Kochi, as well as some tours outside of the city. If you want to do something, just tell Aboo (or his son) and they will arrange it immediately - and it's cheap.
Aboo and his family are all very friendly, smiling, helpful and accommodating.
I wish Aboo and his family all the best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Germersheim, Germany
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed two nights in Honolulu homestay, the family is very friendly and always happy to help. Very nice atmosphere and awesome breakfast included! It's close to several shops, circa 10 walking minutes to the beach.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights in March 2014. Our experience was great! From the minute we arrived, Abu and Taris were extremely friendly and welcoming. They helped us organize our backwater tour and Kathakali show. Definitely recommend!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank s19jensen
Mumbai
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel was great. My stay was comfortable during my 2 day visit. The staff made me feel warm. The rooms were little small but clean and tidy. The sleep quality was also good. The staff also tried to meet my special requests that I made. I faced no problem whatsoever. It is hardly a 10 minutes walk to all the tourist areas. They also provide tasty complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo