“Must see!”
Review of Greenix Village

Greenix Village
More attraction details
Owner description: Wonderful demonstration Kathakali make-up; short demonstration of 9 facial expressions depicting particular moods/actions ideas/places; performance, Martial arts (KAlaripayattu Show), Theyyam, a temple ritual art form, performance, Mohiniyattom dance, Bharathanatyam Dnace etc. Other facilities - A Cultural Museum, Restaurant-Dosas and Pancakes, Ayurvedic massage centre, Buddha art Gallery, Noana Souvenier Shop etc.
Reviewed 26 March 2014

A fabulous show and a must see for those interested in culture and history. The dances were executed with finesse and the museum was educational and revealing in its content.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We caught the evening show and it was quite close until they closed the doors with air con on. Front row seats offered a good view, however it had its down fall as one of the performers was demonstrating how to use a large staff, it flew out of hi hand and everyone ducked! Also at the front of the stage there was a large lit oil burner which was threatened on several occasions to spill into our laps, especially as the stage itself had large rips on the stage covering. On the positive side you can watch the performers put the makeup on but I got bored after 20 minutes. The show itself was entertaining, all the face pulling and gestures are a sight to behold. The 'get out' gesture, where the guy swiftly pointed to the door had me laughing out loud but it was all been taking very seriously, so I had to pull myself together before I got hysterical. The costumes were exuberant. Worth a look at this traditional dance art. If you get distracted, spare a thought for local school children who have to sit through a show lasting around 5 hours.

2  Thank Daisy D
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a must see when in Kerala. You can go ahead of the performance and watch the dancers being made up.
There is also a museum attached to the area which is very interesting to wander around prior to the performance.

1  Thank K_Edwards45
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We went to see the show at 6pm which offers a variety of dance and martial arts. It was very good and the variety kept it interesting. A long show just featuring one medium would have been too much for us as we are not into highbrow culture! Probably good to book in advance as it was pretty full when we went.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had never seen Kathakali dance before, actually had never seen it. It is not easy to watch - basically it is stylized hand movements and facial expressions. I prefer more vigorous dance styles. The costumes are beautiful and you can watch the elaborate make-up being applied beforehand. One of the performers (playing a women) was awesome and really seemed to give his best. The performer in green make-up seemed to be phoning it in. The musicians really gave their best but the music was a little gratingly loud and repetitive. The show is short, but truth be told I wasn't sorry when it ended. Glad I went; wouldn't go again!!