“Great!”
Review of Princess Inn

Princess Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kochi (Cochin)
Princess Inn
Ranked #269 of 479 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed there in March 2014 with our familyand were delighted. We had a huge family room - hard to come by in India. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Free wifi. Excellent price for the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2014

A great budget option for those staying in Kochi. It's right in the middle of town, with great street food options just around the corner. Rooms are comfortable and a large common area was a great place to meet and drink with fellow travelers. We also loved the service from the staff, particularly Freddy, who was great to us while we were there and went above-and-beyond expectations by mailing a left behind item back to us.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed here for a night and I could not get past the musty smell, its very prominent. The bed feels a bit itchy to sleep on and it's not really very clean. The owners are really nice but it was just too smelly. I'm fine with staying in budget places but there are better ones nearby. To be fair the location is pretty good. We moved to a guesthouse on the street behind Princess Inn called Adams Old Inn which was a lot better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jesps
Reviewed 8 August 2013

As an experienced traveler who likes a bargain, I've stayed in some pretty 'rustic' places but Princess Inn was the worst. And even the great price (Rs 500 in July) didn't make up for the cramped room, foul smells, unprofessional staff and broken plumbing. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely man who took our info and passports than disappeared, never to return. He was replaced by a boy who do not speak English and who could not help us. We were not given towels, a bed sheet or any other assistance. I tried to take a bucket bath (cold water only) and the water faucet broke, water would NOT turn off, and when I went to get help, NO ONE was at the front desk for TWO HOURS. Later, I was told the night boy (it wasn't even 9pm yet) needed to leave the desk to get dinner. The water kept running, I packed my bags and left after a brief, uncomfortable call with the manager, who didn't even apologize for the staff not being present. Instead, he simply offered me another room. I said it wasn't worth Rs. 500 for that kind of service, mildew odor and broken plumbing, or the stress of no staff at the front desk all evening... so he kindly let me go on my way. I was delighted to find a gorgeous hotel for just a few hundred rupees more just down the street. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND PRINCESS TO ANYONE -- not even the most seasoned budget traveler. They really need to hire new staff and make some effort fixing the place up. Not surprised to see several bad reviews here and no truly positive views for many months here on trip advisor.

Room Tip: Don't take the room in the back on the first floor (second floor to Americans)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Whitshanti
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I visited the princess inn in march 2012 and I really liked it. We had the big room facing the street and although the weather was very hot (and no aircon!) we liked it. The staff is very friendly and not as strict as they pretend to be. They told us to be home at 11 pm otherwise the door would be locked but one night we were about half an hour late and the nightwatch was still awake, waiting for us.

I can recommend this place to stay in beautiful Fort Cochin although only the big front room (try to get it!), the other rooms I saw were rather small and some had only windows facing the hallway... BUT: everything was very clean, we got an extra-fan (it was 42°C!) and the shower was warm - although we really didn't need that!

down the street are many nice places to have breakfast and dinner and a cold coke, many shops with nice owners who will give you fairly good prices if you drink some tea with them and have a chat!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sophie_liebefeld
Reviewed 23 May 2013

For fort Cochin this place is very reasonably priced in a great location near all the main restaurants and shops. The rooms are basic but clean and very spacious. There is a nice communal seating area outside the back rooms which is good for the evenings ( although you might get scoffed by mozzies). The owners were very friendly, helpful and spoke good English.

Room Tip: Choose the front room,it's larger and has a big window looking out over the street for the same...
Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCBA18
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The rooms are Princess Inn are simple and clean. The reception area is always staffed, and they are helpful. It has got a great location near many internet cafes, restaurants, and the Chinese nets.Freddy, the manager, speaks excellent English and is really a super guy. If he has a few minutes he is happy to chat with you about India, or anything really.
Overall, I had a very positive experience at this hotel. There is also a nice communal area with tables to catch up on writing or to chat with other travellers.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo