“Its Worth” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Grand Seasons

Hotel Grand Seasons
Ranked #123 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Mumbai
“Its Worth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

Its located near kochi south near south railway station in chittoor road. It was good, its not as noisy as its location would suggest. rooms were clean, bathroom was clean, with hot and cold water throughout, and TV looks old. room service and house keeping is also good. and its good to stay

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Justin J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here 2 nights as part of a group tour. Having been to India before, I knew not to expect luxury, and my non-expectations were accurate! However, it was OK, the shower and a/c worked (unlike others). We had a back room with no view but at least it was a little bit quieter than the front must be. Breakfast the first day was OK, and you could order omelettes etc., but the second day they said there were no eggs - maybe the hens had gone on strike. At the time I was a bit disappointed but given what we experienced later in the trip I feel that the Grand Seasons was actually perfectly adequate.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Rajahmundry, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I was forced to stay in this hotel for a night because the hotel where I was booked (Hotel Senate) decided to suddenly transfer me to this hotel. Due to lack of time I decided to agree. Turned out to be a bad decision.

Dark rooms and corridors. Over all hotel fells very unsafe, even though its just beside MG Road.

They rooms are old and in a bad condition. The buffet breakfast was horrible.

Not recommended even if you want to stay close to MG Road.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Kochi (Cochin) hotels

Vadodara, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

It's an average budget hotel and a good place to stay for a short visit.The hotel is located in the main city and need to drive through narrow streets. The food was good and the staff was cooperative.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tourhunter
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I dont know why so many people here want to pay little but expect 5 star facilities..... I stayed in this small property during the 3rd week of April and here is my comments....

-Reception was fast and efficient, I was in my room in less than 5 minutes...

-rooms though a little small, was comfortable - the bed as comfortable, the TV has all the channels youd like to see, the a/c cooled very well, the bathroom though small was functional, and the shower pressure was excellent.

- I found the towels clean, and No trace of mosquitoes in the room. For those complaining, you should call housekeeping and get them to change your towels if you dont like them or not keep your door open to bring in the mosquitos.

- I had lunch at their restaurant on the ground floor and though service was slow, the portions were good, food tasty, and moderately priced. Good value all in all.

- The location too was good,. We moved about in our tempo travellers and found it not too far off from the centre for us to do some shopping and buy some banana chips.

For the price paid, I think its very good value. Will stay here again if I have to.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank vinn_2k
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night and it was the first night of my vacation. I was really disappointed and I thought my vacation will be horrible.

once you enter the room you will smell the indian famous smell which I don't like, walls are not clean and bathroom was clean but have an opening from which many mosquitos are allowed to enter my room.

This hotel is not good choice for your vacation.

as many hotels in Cochin, you cannot walk outside the hotel specially at night because of mosquitos and because of the narrow roads as you need to look from behind front and possiply up.

I had been once into the resturant for the breakfast and I could not find any thing to eat other that corn flex and bread, the other things are all traditional indian dishes which I don't know what they are.

The hotel staff were very welcoming and very helpfull.

I would not choose this hotel again, but if you are on a budget it will be an option.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel was booked by our tour manager for a stopover before we went to Munnar. It seemed average at first. However in the night there were cockroaches in the bathroom and we were bitten lots of time in the night, possibly mosquitoes. The towels were dirty, unchanged on our second day and the room was not cleaned.
The worse thing was that we were on the same floor as a group of school children who ran around all night and several time knocked on our door, entered the room and phoned our room. We complained to the desk several times asking for a change of room. Following morning at 6am a man entered our room so we felt unsafe in the hotel. They completely ignored our request. We don't blame the children but the hotel staff who were inadequate.

Room Tip: Dont go when there are other guests!