“Fantastic budget option near the jetty”

Hotel Maple Regency
Hotel Maple Regency
Ranked #277 of 451 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2012

After a last minute cancelled flight we arrived in Kerala without a hotel booking at 8am. Most of the hotels in the area were reluctant to accomodate us. We tried some of the hotels on this street and the one opposite this hotel rudely quoted us an astonomical figure. What a relief to find the Hotel Maple Regency who had nice rooms in a great location and polite and eager staff. They also organised a river tour and an airport drop off for us.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DanGeorge2

Reviewed 6 April 2012

With 4 nights in the area, we decided to stay in Ernakulam instead of lugging our stuff over to Fort Cochin on the ferry. Our room was pleasant, with a clean bathroom and A/C. Our favorite part was the guy at reception, who every day gave us personal recommendations for where and what to eat. He booked a great one day backwater tour for us, which picked us up from the hotel (be aware, they probably won't bring you all the way back).
Think twice about the laundry service, it wasn't really dried, as I see another reviewer also mentioned.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ben D
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed 9 nights in Ernakulam due to many problems and organizing we had to do. The owner-brothers of Hotel Maple Regency are most helpful and did know qualified answer to any question you may think of. They have no prejudices against anybody and took us in with our two little dogs and our trikes without problems. The cottages are spotless and were cleaned every day seriously. For the budget price (790 Rupies for an attached cottage with tv) you get the absolute maximum value. The maple regency was one of our preferred hotel in 5 months travelling India.

Room Tip: the cottages are definitely nicer than the rooms in the main building. Between March and June you wo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paola Z
Reviewed 1 April 2012

As a first-time visitor to Cochin, I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was helpful. The location was very good - it was easy to find your way around. There was an Indian Coffee House a few steps away, for simple, inexpensive, dependable-quality meals, and the more upscale restaurants on the street served lovely food that didn't exactly break the budget, either.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SemiSwede
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed there one night 4 march 2012. The location is great, but the staff is soo rude and unfriendly that I had to check out the next day. My Indian friend who I tool around in Sweden wanted to show me around town and came to pick me up. I wasnt ready so asked him to come up to my room and wait. The reception would not allow him up, asked for his ID, was really rude to him and told him he would call the police if he went up to my room.

You pay for a room you are supposed to have a friend coming up. It was at lunchtime and the manner in which they spoke to us was just so incredibly unfriendly.

I handed in my laundry for 10 rupees each item. They all came back wet and dirty!

If you want to stay central and dont mind being yelled at, harassted and having the hotels beliefs as rules for your stay i can recomment it. Otherwise there are so many other hotels nearby that are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank vincentvitlock
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have been to a conference in cochin and cleartrip fellow gave this hotel instead of hotel ATS Willingdon where I paid for a better hotel and got this average one.

Better if you are seeking a budget hotel.

Room Tip: A/C rooms are better,
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SOW_10
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I understand that you have featured in your tourist publications Hotel Maple Regency XL/1511, Cannon Shed Road, Kochi, Kerala, India. I had the occasion to stay in Maple Regency for nearly 09 days from about the 22nd of December 2011 to the 31st of December 2011. I stayed with my son and it was a very pleasant stay. Location was excellent with a few good eating places including a few good restaurants within a radius of about 300, 400 meters.

The most satisfying part of my stay was the assistance I received from one of the owners Mr. Alex. He has excellent communication skills in English and a very down to earth person. He was a ready reckoner not only on tourist related matters but also on other information relating to India and more particularly to Kerala. I had been a very wide traveler internationally and I do not hesitate to state that he is one of the finest persons whom I have met in the travel trade in my many travels round the globe from USA to China. His personal presence makes a huge difference for anyone in choosing Hotel Maple Regency as your accommodation unit. Rooms are absolutely cheap and it is a truly a budget hotel.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Asoka Somaratne, B.A. (Econ)
Advocate, Attorney-at-Law