“Excellent for Stopover”

Hotel Elite Palazzo
Ranked #49 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Excellent for Stopover”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Infact accidently dropped into this hotel while looking for a stopover near the airport. On the main road from Ernakulam to Thrissur, very close to Angamaly. around 12 kms from airport.

A modern hotel with all the facilities. The Staff are well groomed and handle the guest nicely. Conversant in Hindi and english both. The rooms are excellent.

Food is great. the Breakfast spread is good.

Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mumbai
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Should have stayed near the kochi airport instead of adventuring . The hotel staff is nice and pleasant and try to give you their best but if you are used to quick and professional services this is not the place for you . So have loads of patience and time at hand before you ask for anything because even a small request like a an additional pillow , laundry service or checking out early requires constant follow up .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Nice place to stay. stayed for just 2 nights but had a good time. Staff is very good and friendly. Location is not quite good but facilities offered are good enough. Nice bar with very good service. Food quality is good. Prompt service.

Room Tip: Try not to go on holidays. everythig is closed near by.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I am from Weldone India Tours, Chennai. We took 25 French tourists for a night stay at Elite Palazzo. The Hotel is awesome. The qualites of star hotel was there. I have no words for the excellent food served. We as tour operators earned a good reputation from the tourists.Special words for the staff. We stayed throughout India for 18 days and this is the best experience. We are soon booking for the next group of Icelanders.

Room Tip: the first two floors are more convenient.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I came across Elite when I was drivin to Coimbatore from Alappey....... Wz just lookin for a simple place to crash and I was fortunaye enough to come across Elite Palazzo...

A mid sized business hotel.....I found the stay extremely pleasant and the food was exemplary. . The breakfast buffet, sumptuous. I felt compelled to meet the chef, Rajesh after my meal....
I felt the hospitality meted out to me was unparalleled....

I have to specially mention the GM, Mr Dhiru.... You guys have done a really swell job....

Keep up the good work... looking forward to stopping by some other time.. :)

CHEERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Elitepalazzo, General Manager at Hotel Elite Palazzo, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Thank you so very much for your heartfelt review of the hotel. We are indeed delighted that you felt our service was warm, friendly, and efficient. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the food especially the breakfast buffet. I have shared your compliments with my entire team as it motivates them to achieve higher standards.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I tried calling but they said they couldn't hear me and put the phone down. My girlfriend tried; they answered put her on hold and hung up. Our hotel in Hyderabad tried and gave up so i emailed the hotel. When i explained this on arrival they smiled and ignored me.

The room smells damp; there's no ventilation in the bathroom. However, in the bedroom, there's one live gecko on the wall and one dead bug on the pillow. Something to chew on in case i get hungry later - though the gecko might get to it before me!!

The restaurant brought my girlfriend's meal out promptly, mine almost 10 minutes later and the side order another 5 minutes on. Not ideal.

The 'complimentary transfer' back to the airport... They're happy to call a taxi for me if i pay. They want me to pay them and they'll pay the taxi - so they take a cut!! Where's the complimentary transfer?!!

The wifi works well in the bedroom so that's a positive. Some hotels I've stayed in on this trip to India say complimentary - but it's only for 4 hours. Here it is 24 hours.

I checked in at 5.30pm, dined at 6.15, requested the transfer at 7pm (for 2am) and said we're now going to bed - and have had 3 calls from reception since to say i need to pay for the transfer, what time do i want the taxi for and, at 11pm, to ask if i want a wake-up call. I was hoping to sleep from 7 til 12!!!

These guys are rubbish and, unless you just want somewhere to store your luggage and go online, look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012
Elitepalazzo, General Manager at Hotel Elite Palazzo, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for a very critical review.Sir let me have your name in which you booked in our hotel.We enquired regarding the points which you mentioned in the review and no comments or complaints was registered during the period. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service of the hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.once again we regret for the unpleasant experience you had with us.We look forward to welcoming you once again at Hotel Elite Palazzo.
bangalore
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Me and my husband stayed for a day. They had a prompt Airport pick-up with a helpful driver. The rooms were very neat and had a superb air cooling system.
The staffs were very friendly and also the restaurant had tasty food menu.The complementary breakfast was very yummy and tasty.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple