“This place made my stay! Great Room, Great Family!”
Review of Daniels Homestay

Daniels Homestay
Ranked #28 of 477 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at Daniels Homestay after a couple of days at a much more expensive hotel and wish i had know about it sooner! The price was amazing and the rooms were clean and pleasant. This place only has 2 rooms (one has a slightly larger bed and a single while the other has 2 singles) which actually makes it nice than some of the bigger places. Both rooms are made available with or without air-conditioning depending on your needs and budget. When i arrived, i was ill and the owners took car of me, took me to the hospital and made me special food packages every night. The let me use their kitchen when i asked and were just super helpful and gave me great advice for my visits too. They even dropped me off with my bags at the ferry port when i left Kochi to continue my travels by train to Goa. I'll highly recommend this home-stay to all my friends and family who visit Kochi in the future! ...oh and Kochi itself especially Fort Kochi was great.

The Daniels family were so nice to me that i'd love to go again.. so if or rather when you stay here, please do say hi from me.. Ben from London, England ...and let them know that i'll be back as soon as i can :)

Room Tip: Both Rooms are good, Both have AC (or not if you prefer). While in Fort Kochi you have to try...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank only1ben

Reviewed 15 November 2013

As context, my fiancée and I are backpacking round Africa and Asia for a year so we are on a budget.

When we were deciding on where to stay in Fort Kochi, it came down to two homestays – Daniels and Mother Tree. I think the reason we ended up picking Daniels was because they responded to our emails more quickly, but however we chose, we made a great choice!

We arrived at Daniels off the back of a 48 hour train/bus combo journey from Hampi so we were very tired, very hot and very sweaty. So when Clement met us at the door with a chilled bottle of water and led us up to a spotlessly clean, air conditioned room, we couldn’t have been happier.

Throughout our stay Clement and his wife were nothing but friendly and helpful. They kept bringing us little food gifts, were always around to answer our questions and also got us discounted tickets to a local Kathkali dance show. Now, in our opinion, the Kathkali show was TERRIBLE, but that was not Clement’s fault!

Finally when we were leaving, Clement gave us a lift down to the bus station and helped us make sure we got on the right bus to Allepey – something I’m not sure we could have done by ourselves – let’s just say the signage on the local buses is not as clear as the long distance sleepers!

Only negatives were the shower which is not very powerful (more like a dribble) and the usual Indian hard bed - but we've come to expect that now

Couple of things about Fort Kochi:

- You have to eat at Dal Roti and Oceanos - both outstanding restaurants.

- To see the sites, you can get a rickshaw for Rs40 for two hours, which is plenty of time to see everything. If you hang out long enough on one of the main streets a rickshaw driver will eventually come and make you that offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JooolsCat
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We 5 memebers took two rooms from 18th Oct. 2013 to 23rd Oct 2013. It was a memorable stay. Very good ambieance and a very comfortable stay. Mrs & Mr.Daniel was very caring. My daughter is pregnent and they took lots of care about her health. They are the wonderful couple who takes care of even on minute things. We can leave our belongings without any fear. For any assistance like transport, finding places, suggestions they were available at any time and was guiding us properly. Very hygienic place. All 5 of us did not feel like leaving Daniels home. Every day we talk about Daniels Homestay. That place has lots of energy and peace loving place. We thank Mrs & Mr.Daniel for all the special care taken and their concern about people. Rachel

Room Tip: Both the rooms are very good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent 5 days in Daniel's homestay and our family absolutely loved the experience. Mr and Mrs. Daniel were the sweetest couple we met at Fort Kochi who made our stay there an absolutely delightful experience. The homestay is also located centrally with access to important locations. Uncle and Aunty ensured we got what we wanted while we were staying there, be it food, cab services or any other amenities. I would love to go back for another holiday there soon and stay at Daniels Homestay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Daniel for making my stay, in Fort Cochin, a pleasant and memorable one.
The love and caring of Mr and Mrs Daniel cannot be expressed by words, one really has to experience it. The most attracted thing is the location of the Homestay, having easy access to all important locations of Fort Cochin. Needless to say, Room was very clean and well arranged with all modern facilities. For any help I needed , Mr. Daniel was always there as a Brother. During my stay there I felt at home every moment. This is definitely my home when I visit next time Fort Cochin

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jo17Dubai
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I spent 15 days with the Daniels in August. I looked at several places, and stayed at one before finding Daniels Homestay. For the price, it was the cleanest, best equipped guesthouse. The room was spotless, and was freshly painted. Mr. Daniels even went to purchase a router while I was there so that I would have wi-fi in my room. The room has tv and 24 hour hot water. I was able to get by with just a ceiling fan, even though it was quite warm in August to avoid extra charges for AC.
Every afternoon I looked forward to the delicious snacks prepared my Mrs. Daniels that were delivered to my room.
The Daniels were helpful in every way during my stay, and I highly recommend their guesthouse for anyone looking for a secure, clean and comfortable stay in Kochi.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms; both have 2 beds, but one has one bed that is larger, so if you are tall y...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sh1979
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Daniel... u r an wonderful man !! it was lovely home, amazing stay. I was searching home for my parents so i was more cousious. They needed a place where they will get comfortable. This was a perfect place for good money. New place, new people.... but such a lovely welcome and home stay. My parents were happy and it mean world to me. Daniel was awake for late night till my parents reach home at 12AM. He had given nice instruction which made my parents easy to find. I could not find a better place.... So Daniel next time they come i am calling u !!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple