“Best tour I have EVER been on”

Muziris Heritage - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$115.00*
and up
Kochi Backwater Day Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Cochin and surroundings you won't find in the guide books! Muziris Heritage-Day Tours is a unique Day tour company offering different Personalized Day tours and Shore Excursions from Cochin.Join one of our 1) Jewish Heritage tour 2)COCHIN private tour 3)Muziris Heritage tour 4) kochi tour guides 5) Shore excursion Tour for cruise liners to see what everyone is raving about 6)cochin city tour 7)houseboat tours And small group tours.. All Tours start at 9Am to 4PM. Maximum 5 people in each tour.Tours includes chauffeur driven transport, all entrance fee & camera fee, backwater tour and lunch.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best tour I have EVER been on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I choose to do the Kerela Life tour and was not disappointed, infact it was not only the best tour I did in India but the best tour I have EVER done anywhere.

I was lucky enough to have Joe my tour guide and his driver all to myself, they were both lovely, really informative, spoke excellent English, professional but fun. Travelling alone I felt completly at ease the entire day.

I was taken to many great temples, Indian weddings, st Thomas church, elephant park, backwater tour, the beach, and had the the lunch of my entire trip!

This tour really does show case kerela, and if you are there for a short time allows you to see a bit of everything.

I was able to sit back and relax, enjoy the scenery and also learn so much about this amazing area.

Thank you Joe so much for your time and your knowledge, I will be back for more of your tours for many years to come.

2 Thank Jesslb82

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“GREAT way to see 7 synagogues in a short amount of time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I don’t usually write reviews, too much to do, too little time. But my tour experience with MHTC and guide Jose is so awesome that it really deserves to be committed to worth and shared.

I was on a short trip over new years to Cochin and wanted to chance to see some of old Jewish sites and synagogues before I leave. I only had one day free on my schedule. With the help of MHTC, I could see the rare sites of historical importance in cranganore without any hustle and annoyances. Jose is a wonderful and knowledgeable guide. He showed Parur synagogue, chendamangalam synagogue, mala synagogue, Kadvum bagam synagogue, paradesi synagogue and Jewish -Christian ancestor tower, Jewish cemetery’s etc...

I think touring to these sites by buses or any other ways of transportation are virtually impossible for tourist.MHTC is the best choice of exploring the treasure house of Indian Jewish history, I highly recommend his initiative to promote this ancient Jewish settlement area and his Jewish heritage tour. Adam Cohen, San Francisco.

Visited January 2011
4 Thank adamcohansan
India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fantastic way to see Cochin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Lijo is a superb tour guide- full of energy, unusual facts and stories delivered with humor and enthusiasm. he tailors his tours to the interests of the traveler and finds ways to make history come alive! Reasonably priced and you get way more than your money's worth!

Jeni
Germany

Visited January 2011
2 Thank haroldkarlose
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT MOMENTS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We had an excellent moment during the day trip. Everything was perfetc, Lijo takes care of you and explains everything you are asking. It's a moment "hors des sentiers battus", as we say in French, which means that you discover a lot of things that we uselly do not approach if we only see what is in the books.
Lijo takes as time as you need for everything you need : explainations, rest, visiting, meeting people, etc. It was a full-time discovery and very serious approach. We both did like very much this time.
IT IS A TRIP TO DO.

Visited August 2010
3 Thank Natella B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A journey to Jerusalem of the east”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Please book this tour,who want to know the Indian jewish history and oldest settlement,ask joe to spend more time in parur synagogue, Silvia moos,Argentina

1 Thank Silviamoos12