“Very good hospitality!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #23 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Coimbatore, India
“Very good hospitality!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

i had come there with my husband for his business trip... i was hesitant at first to come to kochi. i must say,the stay at the trident, kochi, changed my apprehensions about kochi.

The staff was absolutely amazing with decency and the hotel was grand. Their range of sea food was absolutely amazing.

i would recommend anyone who is travelling to kochi to stay at the trident, for their hospitality and complete package..

Great job guys!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 3 April 2013

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

email: amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

What a pleasant surprise on Willingdon Island which was fairly central to most sites. Not many places outside the gates, but very quiet area. We were traveling as three couples and we absolutely loved the Trident. The superior rooms were fabulous with a separate sitting area and bedroom. When anything was asked of staff they responded promptly. Exceptionally clean rooms with very modern bathrooms. This boutique hotel had a beautiful quaint pool, great ayurvede spa, nice lounge, great bar and excellent dining room. The staff always had a smile on their face and went out of their way to provide exceptional service. We loved our servers Nasal, Sree and Ravi who made us feel right at home. The quality of food was exceptional. I wish they could provide complimentary wifi in the lobby, which would be a deal closer for me. Great hotel for singles, couples, groups and families.

1 Thank Jinder S

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

On our trip to Kerala, after lots of deliberation I chose this hotel and was very happy to have chosen the same though albeit courtesy travelguru.com which offered great price. I regret having stayed one night as I was to leave for Munnar next day. The service was excellent be it front office or the restaurant. Every member of the staff would be ready to help even before you ask. Restaurant served good food for the dinner as well as Breakfast which was complimentary. The property is located in Welligdon Island and its really a quite place to be in. Pool is well maintained. House keeping staff also deserve kudos for their bit.
It can be a bench mark for anyone who needs to learn... from the staff. Well Trained people makes your stay even better especially when on a holiday. Though one may find more business travellers but people on leisure should explore...

Noisy le grand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

What fun to stay in an Island ( Willingdon ) which allowed us to relax in a very quiet surrounding.
So easy and so quick to go to Fort Cochin with the ferry.
Trident Hotel ( Oberoi Group ) is a great estate with so many things to discover : Spa, Fitting room, Boutique, garden, swimming pool.
During 3 days we enjoyed the food particularly breakfasts and diners and the chef Eschaan was always helpful for advice and also to recommand good addresses in Fort Cochin.
The Manager Adarsh and his staff were also very efficient for anything we wanted.
Rooms are very comfortable and clean.
Trident Willingdon is far from Paris but it's worth it !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 31 March 2013

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The hotel is not new but the service is first class. We just finished a three day stay. We enjoyed the restaurant, pool and Spa services. Each person we met could not do enough for us. Our Malayalam language was non existent but each person went out of their way to understand our needs and found ways to get things done on our behalf.

Special mention to Nasal and his work in the Bar and Restaurant.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 26 March 2013

email : amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I went with a group of friends and we felt that the place was a little too corporate. The hallway to our room had this smell of kerosene and for some reason our room smelt like fuel. The rooms were very clean but I felt like the interior were a bit dated. The shower was in the tub with a flap to keep the water in the tub which did not work properly so the water leaked everywhere and our bathroom was super musty because there was no vent in the bathroom.

The staff were really nice especially the breakfast crew, they were my favorite. Good variety of food for breakfast but a little too "hotel food" for my taste.

The downfall here is the location. It took us an hour and a half by car to the hotel from the airport and there's nothing within walking distance of the hotel and the "town" part of the area was a bit far from the hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

I have noted your feedback on the fuel smell in the corridor and the rooms. I assure you that I shall have the same looked into. As far as the location is concerned we do agree that there is nothing much to see on Willingdon Island, but you will appreciate that we are equidistant from Ernakulam , the business district and Fort Cochin , the older part of the city.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Just spent a relaxing weekend in Kerala away from the hustle bustle of work life and stayed at the beautiful Trident property in Kochi. The boutique hotel with a gorgeous swimming pool that gets sun and shade has a very cozy feel to it. To top it up, fantastic service and attention provided by the management & staff. The daily buffet in the restaurant is great with a large selection of Indian and International dishes. Once the sun sets in, one can enjoy great sea food grill by the pool side along with some fine wine on candle lit tables. An excellent hotel that makes a great base if one was to explore Kochi and the surrounding areas. I would also recommend it for a nice romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo