“Fun place to stay in Kochi”
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #18 of 208 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Sydney, Australia
“Fun place to stay in Kochi”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The staff were great at this hotel - really friendly and chatty and made an effort to get to know their guests and ensure they enjoyed their stay. The rooms were comfortable, decorated in heritage style and the lemon soaps and bath oils were so nice I wish I'd bought some to take home with me. The pool area was really beautiful and we had a candlelit seafood feast by the pool one night, which was very romantic. Overall, the food was delicious.

Fort Kochi is a really cute town and we organised a day tour via the Magic Tours of Kochin and this was a great way to see the sights in a day with a local who knew the many stories hidden in the city.

1 Thank Heather J
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that we at Trident Cochin were able to provide you a home away from home.

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

We are also very happy to note that you had a wonderful dining experience at the Sea Food Grill, I have conveyed your review to the dining team and the chefs.

Please drop me a mail with your address, we would be more than glad to courier some lemon soaps and bath oil for you.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

email: amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Lake District UK
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It takes just over an hour to get from Kochi airport to The Trident and the cost of a prepaid taxi was 1080 rupees. The hotel itself only has about 80 rooms and is on Willingdon Island which is a quiet location and a good 15 minutes by car from the business end of Fort Kochi (depending on traffic?) or 20 minutes by Tuk Tuk which initially are a fun way to travel but the novelty soon wears off.

We found Reception fast and efficient and the rooms at The Trident are fine apart from the fact the half way shower screen mean it’s difficult not to soak the bathroom floor when taking a shower. The food and drink are reasonably priced for a hotel of this standard. Breakfast was included in the £70 per room price and was pretty good. We only have two major issues. Firstly the pool area is a quite small and there are not many sun beds. The sun shines on one side of the pool in the morning and the other side in the afternoon. The hotel is also near a naval base so your post Kingfisher pool side afternoon snooze is likely to be interrupted by the occasional low flying helicopter. Our second issue is that the wifi in this hotel is not free which in this day and age seems like a simple money making scheme. It costs 150 rupees for 30 minutes.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at The Trident. All of the staff are friendly and go out of their way to learn your name and help you but special thanks go to Rama for all his help with our Kerala Backwaters accommodation issue .

Dear Guest,

It is an honour for us at Trident Cochin, to know that we have succeeded in our efforts to exceed your expectations and the services rendered by the team were to your satisfaction.

I have noted your detailed feedback. We are in the process of renovating our bathrooms wherein we will be installing wider glass screens to prevent the water from soaking the bathroom floor.

We also plan to increase the number of pool beds to accommodate more guests at the pool side. I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that the internet in the hotel is an outsourced service which entails high infrastructural costs and the service is hence chargeable.

We are delighted to learn that you found the food and drinks to be priced reasonably and the enjoyed it too.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. I have conveyed your feedback to Rama and it's been a great source of inspiration for him.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel is located in a non touristic environment, so was quiet and quite relaxing. The service is good and staff is attentive, it is a good value, the only inconvience is the music background in the restaurant and the pool far too loud.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest,

It is an honour for the team at Trident Cochin, to know that we have succeeded in our endeavour to provide travelers a home away from home.

I have noted your feedback concerning the music at the pool side and the restaurant. Firstly I would like to apologize if it was an inconvenience for you. We have now reduced the volume of the music at the respective areas. We trust it would be a pleasant experience for the guests now using the pool and restaurant.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 31 December 2013

beautiful hotel , peaceful area & clean room . we were given upgraded rooms with just a little extra amount . located in navy area so was very peaceful , staff was quick in their service . overall worth all the money we spent as it was a very pleasant stay . only thing is their pool timings in evening is little too less

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 1 January 2014

Pune, India
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I booked Trident for the last leg of my journey in Kerala with a 2 night stay in Cochin. The hotel is located in Willingdon Island away from the touristy places and caters mainly to business travelers.

It delivers as expected from a Trident property in terms of room quality and cleanliness with adequate service quality. We spent most of our time away from the hotel exploring the city so cannot comment in depth on the service. However, the couple of instances where I did place a request with the hotel (e.g. for extra plates for the room or to pick up our bags from the room while checking out), I found service to be slow. Service also lacks the warmth I had grown accustomed to during my stay in other hotels in Kerala

Food is definitely overpriced considering the location and facilities offered by the property

Overall, Trident Cochin offers a good proposition for business travelers who want to stay in a more peaceful location. Personally, I saw many better options in Ernakulam or Fort Kochi in case you wish to explore Cochin city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologise for the inconvienience caused due to the slow response time in fulfilling your request. I have briefed the concerned team and can assure you that you will definitely see a marked change the next time you visit us.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We only had two nights at the Trident Cochin, but would have been happy to stay longer. This is a gracious hotel with good rooms and facilities. The best thing about it is the friendliness of the staff. I was a bit critical of the slowness of service, but having stayed at a few other hotels before and since I've come to realise that's just India. I've decided to embrace the slower pace and not worry about how long it takes to make a Mojito.

Dear Guest,

I have noted your feedback regarding the slowness in service. Allow me to assure you that I have conveyed your feedback to the team and will definetly ensure that the services in the hotel will be more prompt.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Trident provides excellent service to all its guests. The staff is the hotel's greatest asset. They made every effort to make our stay comfortable. We got whatever service we asked for and more.

The rooms, particularly the bathroom, could do with some renovations to meet the needs of all the guests. I had to use the bath towels to soak the water that spilled out on the floor of the bathroom since the tub/shower area is shielded by glass only halfway.

The folks at the Avis rental in the hotel were helpful, too, and made our Cochin trip memorable. They made all our sightseeing trips in and around Cochin easy and safe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 28 December 2013

I have noted your feedback concerning the bathroom renovation. Please allow me to assure you that renovation is underway for the bathrooms.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team and AVIS were to your satisfaction.

We look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times