“Trident Cochin”
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #14 of 222 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A beautiful hotel. I would recommend this for people who want to go to Cochin for a holiday.

The rooms were slightly small but well maintained and very clean. The people were helpful, courteous and had smiling faces.

The food was excellent. Service in the restaurant was also remarkable.
The only problem I felt was the distance from the airport. It is 42 km from the airport.

We had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Do go and stay in this hotel if you are on a holiday in cochin.It is near the sea and has pleasant s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Indrani B
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

We are delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay.

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The only regret is that this property is not on a beach…
We were in Cochin only for a day and this seemed to be the best choice.
The breakfast spread is good with friendly staff ready to serve you what you want !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GeetSaw

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were on a tour and only managed two nights in this Hotel. However, the whole experience was great from checking in to checking out. Comfortable, clean, nothing too much trouble for any of the staff and all extremely friendly. If unsure what to have with regards an Indian breakfast, talk to the restaurant staff who recommended a 'dosa', large pancake mixture but crispy with whatever you want inside it and served with dips. Food excellent and a relaxing hotel that my husband and I wouldn't hesitate to stay in again.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be overlooking the swimming pool in a quadrangle but still private as overlookin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgina C

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a home away from home.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights at the start of our 'Keralan' adventure. We received a warm welcome from the attentive staff, and made very comfortable. The setting was very peaceful and quite a distance from the hustle of Cochin's centre.
Room had lovely view of pool, very comfortable bed, fantastic facilities. Swimming pool was great, and needed after walking for a day in the heat and humidity. Sadly did not get to try out the spa. Did have a couple of small shops on site, not expensive and good for trinkets, gifts and post-cards.
Meals at the hotel were of a high standard and had a good choice of local dishes, although were richer than food eaten in the local restaurants in town. Buffet had a great choice of dishes and staff were able to make good recommendations and point out local dishes and cooking preparations.
Only downside I felt was the location of hotel being on Willingdon island which is a 15-20 min drive to the town and only houses a naval base. Therefore did not have shops/restaurants within walking distance. This location however meant that it was quite and relaxing, and let you escape from the hustle and bustle. If this is what you like when traveling then would not recommend this however I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca S

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were lucky and won a two night stay in this hotel in a raffle.

We were checked in easily and upgraded to a better room - always a good start.

This is the third trident hotel that I have stayed in and there appears to be a lot of variation in them. The Trident Gurgaon is expansive and impressive with a very modern chic feel. The Udaipur is less swanky and more homely. It is difficult to categorise the look and feel that the Trident Cochin is trying to achieve.

Having said that, we were pleased with the service quality; we had dinner one night - it was ok but not great. It was buffet service; the dishes were pretty well stocked and hot but the range was a little limited - then again, it is a smallish hotel.

Service throughout the hotel was very good - everyone was polite, helpful and friendly.

The location of the hotel is a little strange. Willingdon Island has the feel of a post-industrial relic. You will pass abandoned factories, oil storage facilities and industrial buildings as you approach the hotel. Once inside, the hotel itself is pleasant. Still, an odd location for a hotel, I think.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DaveFaull

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Again, the location is mesmerising, the staff is warm and affectionate. the swimming pool is situate in the middle of the building that houses the room, it is clean and temperature well regulated.i had booked with a family package of spa treatment. if you stay here, the spa visit is a must. Deepu was the masseur in the spa, did an excellent job at setting away the blues after a long journey. the hotel is near the Fabled Chinese Fishing Nets and other attractions.
Food was good with a touch of sea food.
Overall a marvellous experience

Room Tip: Book online at the hotel website for best offers
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank arjunmarkanday

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here for a night and were celebrating a special occasion- the hotel staff went out of their way to make it more special even though we were staying on a points redemption booking-in my view, a hallmark of a really good hotel! We had breakfast and lunch there- the quality of the food was excellent. The chef took the effort to cater to certain diet restrictions that we had and arranged for several items that were not on the original buffet menu.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that your stay was memorable.

amardeep.singh@tridenthotels.com