“Great Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #23 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Located on Willingdon Island the hotel is 20 minutes from the city’s business district and within easy distance from well known tourist attractions. With well appointed rooms built around a picturesque central courtyard, a swimming pool and beautiful landscaped gardens, the hotel offers contemporary facilities in a relaxed and serene ambience for both business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a home away from home.

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

amardeep.singh@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed there in January, for a weekend, during a business trip to Mumbai.

Considering the price, the hotel is decent, but it's outrageous that this hotel has 5 stars !!
It might have been a 5 star hotel in the late 70s or early 80s (when it was probably built), but right now it's not even a 3 star hotel, by western standards (even by indian standards).

The rooms are very outdated, with dust everywhere, and awful bed and pillows. The bathroom was very dirty with some bricks in the wall falling.
There's no free wifi, and the price they charged me for 24 hours of wifi was very expensive, considering the ridiculous speed of the conection.

The room service food was very poor, and i tried many different things on the menu. Nothing i ate was good. The pool restaurant was ok, but over priced for what they offer.

The only decent things about the hotel were the spa (not al all luxurious, but with good massages), and the pool.

The staff were generally nice.

I have stayed in other Trident hotels across India, and this hotel is clearly a scam if someone books it expecting a similar experience. An urgent reform is needed all across the hotel.

I would'nt go back at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book another hotel...unless you find a very cheap deal.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I have noted your feedback concerning the room and food. Allow me to assure you that we have started to streamline the process entirely and you will definitely see a marked change the next time you visit us. Please do not let this experience mar your impression about Trident, Cochin.

With regard to the internet in the room being expensive, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the internet in the hotel is an outsourced service, which entails high infrastructural costs, and the service is hence chargeable. However we are pleased to inform you that we have upgraded our internet speed.

Warm regards,

amardeep.singh@tridenthotels.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The rooms are a good size with modern facilities. The restaurant seves great food and the staff are excellent. The purpose of my stay was to relax for a few nights before a tour of Southern India but unfortunately the hotel had some noisy guests staying. They seemed to think the pool was their own private pool and took it over by playing ball games. They also lost the ability to talk - shouting was the only way they communicated. Although the hotel can not be responsible for the actions of its selfish guests, the staff did nothing until guests started to complain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

Your feedback on the poolside being loud has been noted. My apologies that we were not initially effective in containing the guests at the poolside from being loud that evening. Please do not let this experience mar your impression about Trident, Cochin.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed from May 4th 2014 for 3 nights. Excellent service. They have arguably the best staff in the hotel industry.
Rooms: good spacious rooms. Little old fashioned. Need more in room amenities. Toilet is clean but again old fashioned. Needs to be refurbished. Air conditioner is good but absence of a fan in the room makes it a bit suffocating.
Restaurant: again, staff were good. Mr.Mohit was impressive. But food needs a lot of improvement. The coffee they served was a big disappointment. Kerala cuisine tasted very good.
Overall: good value for money, very clean property, very sweet staff, would recommend. They can promote this property more like a resort with a 2N/3D package with all meals rather than just another hotel in Kochi. The hotel has all signs of a perfect resort.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 11 May 2014

We are delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. Your feedback on the rooms and food has been shared with the concerned team members and I assure you that there will be a marked difference during your next visit.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Trident in cochin simply has the most wonderful staff. We stayed for five nigjts (two adults and four small children)
The hotel is very comfortable for families. Very good value and highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 30 April 2014

Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am a regular to Kochi for business purposes for the last one year, and am delighted to have found Trident, the best place to stay over, to relax after a hectic day schedule with Business Clients and a hard day on field! Have been staying here for the last three visits, the last one being a cool 7-day stay... and all those days, the staff, or should I say the "people" at Trident 'coz they are so responsive and attentive to your requirements. Staff (people) are very efficient and helpful... be it reception or restaurant or room service, you think of it and you get it... anything... No hiccups in service. Couldnt spot a single staff member who was not forthcoming and Cheerful. Trident Cochin is a fabulous hotel that has the ambiance of a British era while providing 21st century amenities.... decently good rooms, nice food, nice breakfast spread with staff eager to make your day bright, calm surroundings at night. Its located on the quite and serene island of Wellington and gives a much sought after break from the hustles and bustles of the city after a maddening day... Its only 10-15 min travel from city centre but peaceful. I shall highly recommend it for business as well as family stay... only that its not within the city, but none can help it... so its a place near perfection! I cannot forget, the way they sorted out one single issue I had mentioned in a light way jokingly on my first trip, the second time it was gone, BRILLIANT and much APPRECIATED! I look forward to a vacation stay as well here, apart from those regular business travel stays... WAY TO GO TRIDENT COCHIN! Cheers

Room Tip: Pool facing room! and close to elevators ;) the corridors are loooooonggg , typical of British style...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 28 April 2014

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is a hotel which wants a luxurious reputation.The staff
seems very proud of their work place. Its a nice hotel, but it is not all that.

Rooms are pretty standard without be anything great. Restaurant is good and lived up to my expectations.

The hotel i located on willington island, which is 10 - 15 minutes from the center of the city and 30 - 40 minutes from Lulu mall. It is a quiet place which is nice if that is what you want. Around one hour from the airport.

Everything you can buy at the hotel is heavily overpriced, from drinks, wine, meals, internet, etc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dan R
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 21 April 2014

We are delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I have noted your feedback on the internet in the room being expensive. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the internet in the hotel is an outsourced service, which entails high infrastructural costs, and the service is hence chargeable.

With regard to the pricing of beverage, imported alcohol is taxable by 116.5 % in the state of Kerala hence we do mention the same in our beverage list. I apologise if the same was not brought to your notice by the ordertaker. Please do not let this incident mar your impression of Trident Cochin.