“Good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #23 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Navi Mumbai, India
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed in Trident Hotel Kochi for 5 days and liked the property due to far away from city, located in a quite place with nice surroundings. The greenery, the ambiance etc. were very nice to stay in peace.

Poolside restaurant is an ideal place for dinner and relaxations with landscape gardens with pond and colourful fishes.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a home away from home.

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

amardeep.singh@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was an excellent stay at Trident. Very good hospitality. Prompt room service. Good attention at dining hall. Breakfast was made available at 7.15 AM on the day of departure. Very amazing experience at Trident. Our visit was coincided with the visit and stay of Punjab CM Sri Prakash Singh Badal. His entourage also stayed for three days with tight security. But we were absolutely not affected by this. On one of the days he and his party took breakfast along withus.

Room Tip: Room Nos. 328 and 329 rear side of which facing swimming pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

hotel away from the main hub, in a peaceful place, Food and service excellent, staff was very helpful, room was a bit small. we had Stayed in May for one night, the hotel is decent overall we had a nice time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 28 May 2014

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Couple of nights only during an 8-day Kerala classic holiday. May regarded as being out-of-season, therefore guests were minimal. Slightly similar to Trident Agra, but on smaller scale. Quiet, with smart and courteous staff. Cannot fault rooms. Food selection good throughout. Alcohol available. Apart from swim pool and comfy seating, nothing much else for longer stays.

Room Tip: Unable to comment on other rooms. Ours first floor overlooking pool. Could possibly be noisy during...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Located on Willingdon Island the hotel is 20 minutes from the city’s business district and within easy distance from well known tourist attractions. With well appointed rooms built around a picturesque central courtyard, a swimming pool and beautiful landscaped gardens, the hotel offers contemporary facilities in a relaxed and serene ambience for both business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed there in January, for a weekend, during a business trip to Mumbai.

Considering the price, the hotel is decent, but it's outrageous that this hotel has 5 stars !!
It might have been a 5 star hotel in the late 70s or early 80s (when it was probably built), but right now it's not even a 3 star hotel, by western standards (even by indian standards).

The rooms are very outdated, with dust everywhere, and awful bed and pillows. The bathroom was very dirty with some bricks in the wall falling.
There's no free wifi, and the price they charged me for 24 hours of wifi was very expensive, considering the ridiculous speed of the conection.

The room service food was very poor, and i tried many different things on the menu. Nothing i ate was good. The pool restaurant was ok, but over priced for what they offer.

The only decent things about the hotel were the spa (not al all luxurious, but with good massages), and the pool.

The staff were generally nice.

I have stayed in other Trident hotels across India, and this hotel is clearly a scam if someone books it expecting a similar experience. An urgent reform is needed all across the hotel.

I would'nt go back at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book another hotel...unless you find a very cheap deal.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I have noted your feedback concerning the room and food. Allow me to assure you that we have started to streamline the process entirely and you will definitely see a marked change the next time you visit us. Please do not let this experience mar your impression about Trident, Cochin.

With regard to the internet in the room being expensive, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the internet in the hotel is an outsourced service, which entails high infrastructural costs, and the service is hence chargeable. However we are pleased to inform you that we have upgraded our internet speed.

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The rooms are a good size with modern facilities. The restaurant seves great food and the staff are excellent. The purpose of my stay was to relax for a few nights before a tour of Southern India but unfortunately the hotel had some noisy guests staying. They seemed to think the pool was their own private pool and took it over by playing ball games. They also lost the ability to talk - shouting was the only way they communicated. Although the hotel can not be responsible for the actions of its selfish guests, the staff did nothing until guests started to complain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

Your feedback on the poolside being loud has been noted. My apologies that we were not initially effective in containing the guests at the poolside from being loud that evening. Please do not let this experience mar your impression about Trident, Cochin.

email: amardeep.singh@tridenthotels.com